Disc Golf

KnightHawk63

Anyone play disc golf on here? I was recently introduced to it in the past few months by a coworker and it really is a lot of fun when you get the hang of how to throw the disc. If anyone else does play, what discs do you have? What courses do you go to? How are the courses (wooded, flat, hilly, long distance, short distance, etc.)? What was your best throw? Got any aces? Haha, hopefully I'm not the only loser here -_-

what is this... disc golf? Imagine playing golf with a frisbee, but instead of trying to make it into a hole, you try to throw it into this pole thing with chains to catch it. I've only seen it played but never played myself.

Well I had typed up a whole long thing and accidentally exited the page... so I'll summarize. I was introduced by a coworker who's been playing for 3 years and has been in competitions. I currently have 4 discs, my first was an Innova DX Destroyer, then I got a Gateway SS Magic, and then I bought both an Innova Champion Valkyrie and Discraft Buzzz in Z-Plastic at the same time. The Buzzz, Valkyrie, and Magic are my main discs. I've played in 4 different courses so far, each very different than one another. Also a disc is much heavier and smaller than a frisbee, you also have to throw it a little differently to get it to a good distance.

Yeah it is rather big around here, always people playing no matter what course I'm at. Always very friendly and willing to help (lost discs, directions, etc.).