Lighting Coals Inside?

I don't have any windows in my kitchen,and my stove exhaust fan just blows back into the room. Am I fine to light coals inside without wording about carbon monoxide? Can you get a headach from lighting a few? I try to use coconaras, I read they emit less.

You CAN light them in there, but it is not good to smell the coals.

I would agree with kaoz, another room at the very least.

I smoke in my basement so I leave my coil heater on the stairs of the bulkhead and when I light coals I open the bulkhead doors.

I gave up on lighting coals indoors a while ago, UNLESS i have a powerful outside-venting exhaust. The smell is awful, and I'm sure the carbon monoxide levels produced are not good.  If you don't have any outdoor space, get a coil burner, open a window, and light the coals on the windowsill.

Well there really is no smell with coconaras for me except a faint odor when it first starts to ash over that dissipates quickly. 

I smoke next to the kitchen (no walls between them) and frequently am going back for drinks or snacks, so I was wondering if that was giving me a headach or if I was just being to sucky sucky on the hose.

I can light it directly next to where I smoke with a box fan sitting next to the coil burner blowing air out a window. My only other option is going outside on a balcony where it is winter time and windy as a mofo, I'm fine with that if thats what I gotta do to be safe, but I'm sure it will be a lot harder to get them to ash over out there.

Well there really is no smell with coconaras for me except a faint odor when it first starts to ash over that dissipates quickly. 

I smoke next to the kitchen (no walls between them) and frequently am going back for drinks or snacks, so I was wondering if that was giving me a headach or if I was just being to sucky sucky on the hose.

I can light it directly next to where I smoke with a box fan sitting next to the coil burner blowing air out a window. My only other option is going outside on a balcony where it is winter time and windy as a mofo, I'm fine with that if thats what I gotta do to be safe, but I'm sure it will be a lot harder to get them to ash over out there.

Not a bad option. This is a better option. I have a patio in my new condo and I will not light coals anywhere else. So far I haven't wanted to smoke when it's raining, but at some point that might happen, so I'm thinking of getting some sort of small metal bin and turning it on its side, to shelter the burner

I found smoking indoors, especially when the burner was inside (even next to an open window) always made me a bit light-headed. I usually smoke outside now, but even if I don't, I ALWAYS light the coals outside, and it's made a difference in how I feel.

coco nara's have an Oder inside less so than any other coco coal i used but it's still there. If you smoke in moderation (once a week or whenever you have friends) you can notice these things. It's best to have your windows open all the way and place your coil burner by the windows of possible. Also a lotus / windcover will come in very handy when smoking indoors! 

I light my coals on my balcony, which is exposed on the front and one side, and so far wind, snow and rain have not been issues..I light my coals outside with my door shut, and then open the door after they are lit and keep it open during my session.

Yeah, best bet is to light them outside or near a window. If you don't have a window, then outside

You can't always smell CO but it is there whether you smell it or not. If you get headaches while you smoke, you probably need more ventilation or longer breaks between puffs. In your case, it definitely sounds like more ventilation.

Yeah, best bet is to light them outside or near a window. If you don't have a window, then outside

You can't always smell CO but it is there whether you smell it or not. If you get headaches while you smoke, you probably need more ventilation or longer breaks between puffs. In your case, it definitely sounds like more ventilation.

You can't ever smell CO, by its very nature as an odorless gas...

• Upvote 1

You can't ever smell CO, by its very nature as an odorless gas...

Lol truth. But there seems to be a correlation with the smellier the coals, the more CO lol

I light mine inside too, but in my bathroom, close the door, and open the bathroom window, go in to flip em, close it again. grab the fully lit coals, close the door again. Plus I have a fan on and an air draft from my bedroom window to my bathroom window open all the time.

Circulation and ventilation is the key