Hookah In Movies, TV, and Video Games

cemab4y

Where have you seen the Hookah in TV and films? Jabba the Hutt smokes one in Star Wars. You see one briefly in Casablanca. One of my favorites was in an episode of Addams Family. The interesting thing about that scene was, the hookah was a two-hose model. Only Gomez took a draw on it. And when he put the hose down, you can still see bubbles in the vase!

I would like to see how many of you have seen Hookahs, in film and TV episodes?

I know there's another topic for this, as I looked for it before myself biggrin.gif

Jabba the Hutt is smoking a pretty bad ass hookah in one of the Star Wars movies.
Um, I THINK (don't remember for certain or not) there is one in the Butterfly Effect in one scene where Evan and his roommate "Thumper" are in their room. Don't quote me on that one though tongue.gif [EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the NHT equipment "Thumper" has]

There's a lot more actually, I just can't think of any others off the top of my head. Search for the old topic, you'll find quite the list of hookahs in movies/TV. Edited by AntiGravity

it was on the venture bros the other night. i was pumped

Investigate this.
QUOTE (agentscot @ Oct 17 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firefly. It's a nice, big egyptian one in Inara's shuttle.

For some reason she decided to put the ash tray on the bottom >.>

Also, from Carnivale.

QUOTE (DJ_HOSSEIX @ Oct 17 2008, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Judging by the smoke that's giving off... that's not tobacco they're smoking tongue.gif

I believe there is one in one of the episodes of "The Shield". I will see if I can find the episode.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Oct 18 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Investigate this.
QUOTE (agentscot @ Oct 17 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firefly. It's a nice, big egyptian one in Inara's shuttle.

For some reason she decided to put the ash tray on the bottom >.>

Also, from Carnivale.

QUOTE (DJ_HOSSEIX @ Oct 17 2008, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Judging by the smoke that's giving off... that's not tobacco they're smoking tongue.gif

Firefly was an amazing tv series, serenity was great too, it's a shame they canceled it sad.gif

yeah i was actually looking at a similar thread about 2 days ago...

but i know there's a hookah in Matrix 2: the first time they show the Twins, they are smoking a hookah.

i also just saw the movie Body Of Lies yesterday with DiCaprio & Crowe, and during one of the scenes where they're just showing Iranian culture, there's a guy smoking a hookah outside.