The Gun Show Thread

SpiritWolf

Just curious, what happens when a family member that owns a gun passes away? When my grandad died we had to get the guns out of the house to someone with a license to own firearms and do a bunch of paperwork, then get someone in the house a license to store his guns until they can be sold (under lock and key, no usage etc.). This is in Slovenia where getting a gun unless you are a hunter (my grandad was indeed a hunter) which simplifies the process you need to go through a pretty thorough gun safety course/test thing and mental evaluation if you want to own a gun.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, what happens when a family member that owns a gun passes away? When my grandad died we had to get the guns out of the house to someone with a license to own firearms and do a bunch of paperwork, then get someone in the house a license to store his guns until they can be sold (under lock and key, no usage etc.). This is in Slovenia where getting a gun unless you are a hunter (my grandad was indeed a hunter) which simplifies the process you need to go through a pretty thorough gun safety course/test thing and mental evaluation if you want to own a gun.

I don't know about other states, but here in TN they're just given to another family member, not really any paperwork involved...

I don't know about other states, but here in TN they're just given to another family member, not really any paperwork involved...

Holy shit you guys are lax on them gun laws. Murrica, you scary.

Holy shit you guys are lax on them gun laws. Murrica, you scary.

Don't remind me...

Some of the collection....   My 1940 Dated K98, 1916 dated G98, 1913 dated 1903a1, and 1902 SN Winchester 1892 (My Great Grandfather bought it when it was new) 

All my guns are back at home though, as NY is a pretty silly gun lawed state.

That Kar 98 is beautiful! Also the Springfield... I need to expand onto those weapons next. After I get my semi-auto shotgun of course.

Same here in NC. You only need paperwork for handguns, but rifles and shotguns are fair game for all. You can go to walmart, purchase a rifle, fill out a small form so that the state has a record of it being taken out of inventory and onto the streets and that's it. You can give it to your best friend if you want and no paperwork will have to be done.