The Gun Show Thread

SpiritWolf

You could always go fot the baseball bat or machete. With a baseball bat you can beat them to death. With a machete you can hack em to pieces. Then think outside the box by putting them in a box and burring them alive. If you want to hear them scream you can place a pvc pipe in the box that gives them fresh air...... oops did I go to far with that one.

This reminds me of my old high school science teacher. Crazy old white guy. Had a phd in forensic science. Always threatened us by saying he can make us dissappeare and get away with it. Prolly could he was a genius. He could read bloodstains at a crime scene and figure out exactly what happened.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a machete... I think I'll start keeping it at my bedside from now on. The wife woke me up last night claiming she heard a voice in our living room. Turns out it was just our cat doing this low growl type meow she does sometimes, but still, I would have felt safer walking down my hallway with SOME type of weapon to protect my wife and I.

I then had to play with the cat for 5 minutes to get her worn out so we could go back to sleep... She was all hyped up at 3AM running up and down the hallway like a damn bat out of hell.

just died laughing.. thank you

I do have a machete... I think I'll start keeping it at my bedside from now on. The wife woke me up last night claiming she heard a voice in our living room. Turns out it was just our cat doing this low growl type meow she does sometimes, but still, I would have felt safer walking down my hallway with SOME type of weapon to protect my wife and I.

I then had to play with the cat for 5 minutes to get her worn out so we could go back to sleep... She was all hyped up at 3AM running up and down the hallway like a damn bat out of hell.

just died laughing.. thank you

Haha, glad I could brighten someone's day. :)

nobody i know in canada owns a gun.. unless its for hunting

My brother has his restricted license, a few handguns and SMG's, but he is literally the only person I know who has his restricted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, certain events have led me to now hasten the decision to get a gun and keep it in the bedroom for protection... My brother-in-law was just in a home invasion at his friend's house, and was not only robbed of his phone and $20, but shot in the leg. He's fine and recovering now, but it prompted my father-in-law to purchase two Ruger SR40s. One is for my brother-in-law, the other is for my wife and I. We are going to go to a gun safety course and possibly also get our carry permits. Going to get a gun safe with a simple number code to open it, since my wife sometimes babysits kids at our house. I will now feel much safer at night.

Well, there were other things taken from the house and the resident (my brother-in-law's friend). He told both of them they were going to die, fired a shot at each of them, and ran. For some reason, he missed the resident, but hit my brother-in-law. Apparently his mask threw off his aim waaaaaaay bad. Thank god it did, though, otherwise it would have been a LOT worse.

Wow, why even shoot if your just gonna run away. Not to mention home invasion while residents and company are over, gotta be a drug addict. Police nab the guy? Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Wow, why even shoot if your just gonna run away. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gang bangers and thugs don't care, Just like they don't care about gun laws and society as a whole. 

I'm looking into getting a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 from a local sports store called Dunham's Sports, they have at least 25 of these vintage rifles in stock. All of them have been serviced and work perfectly. Original wooden stocks and original metal with the occasional replacement part. Runs the old surplus 7.62x54R round. Pretty much Soviet Russia's equivalent to the American .30-06 that we used in the M1903 Springfield and M1 Garand during WW2. The M91/30 was one the most highly regarded rifles during the war, known for their great accuracy. Alas it is only $135! I need to get it stat!

Edited by KnightHawk63

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into getting a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 from a local sports store called Dunham's Sports, they have at least 25 of these vintage rifles in stock. All of them have been serviced and work perfectly. Original wooden stocks and original metal with the occasional replacement part. Runs the old surplus 7.62x54R round. Pretty much Soviet Russia's equivalent to the American .30-06 that we used in the M1903 Springfield and M1 Garand during WW2. The M91/30 was one the most highly regarded rifles during the war, known for their great accuracy. Alas it is only $135! I need to get it stat!

Awesome!!! Did u ever purchase it?? To be able to actually purchase one ans shoot it is just amazing

Awesome!!! Did u ever purchase it?? To be able to actually purchase one ans shoot it is just amazing

Haha I didn't, but this past black friday there was an ad for it in the Dunham's circular for $129.99. I told my dad about it and he said "Don't worry about it..." I was like I really feel like driving and picking it up, his response: "I said don't worry about it" with a smirk. Yup, Christmas gift. Time to stockpile ammo.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't recommend this. Now I am by no means an expert, but a machete or a baseball bat, or the like would require a close combat, and that's taking a big risk. I read that you decided to get a gun. Sorry about what happened, but I am glad it wasn't as serious as it could have been. I just posted this because I believe that if you go for a weapon for protecting yourself and loved ones, go for something which wouldn't require you to be within dangerous distance from the assholes who break in!

I agree, Vimal. My wife was against the gun idea at first, but we went out to her parents house in the country and became more familiar with them. Target practice. :) Was pretty fun. Anyway, we got a gun safe that pops open with a 4-digit number code that I am able to type in during the dark. I'm about to purchase a cheap alarm system that will alert us if any doors are opened during the night. And we're about to get a Great Pyrenees as a pet, which will also serve well as a guard dog. So I think we'll be pretty safe, for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Vimal. My wife was against the gun idea at first, but we went out to her parents house in the country and became more familiar with them. Target practice. :) Was pretty fun. Anyway, we got a gun safe that pops open with a 4-digit number code that I am able to type in during the dark. I'm about to purchase a cheap alarm system that will alert us if any doors are opened during the night. And we're about to get a Great Pyrenees as a pet, which will also serve well as a guard dog. So I think we'll be pretty safe, for the most part.

I see you got a safe, but what did you decide on as far as a firearm goes? (Excellent move on the safe, I can't stand how many people I hear just buy a guy and then they think that any high shelf/dresser drawer is good enough.

Still haven't decided on one just yet. Been busy so it hasn't been on our minds, hate to say. Her father got us a Ruger SR-40 but the wife didn't like the kick it had. She tried her mother's Taurus and liked it a lot better. My friend has a gun that he wants us to try that he thinks she'd like. I don't really care what we get, as long as my wife is comfortable using it in case I'm not home, and it's effective. I just told her yesterday we need to get something in the safe. We're also going to pick up a cheap home security system that will sound an alarm if any doors are opened at night, that way we'll definitely know (it'll wake us up) if someone does make it inside. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Here are some pics of some targets that me and a buddy shot at with my rifle, his Colt .45, and a .30-30 that his friend let him borrow. First pic is of my bullets so you can get a general idea of the size of the round:

IMG_20131228_031504.jpg

Here's an old computer we used as a target, two of my rounds were shot from an angle and well over 150 yards away, wanted to try out the iron sights:

IMG_20140103_163504copy-Copy-2.jpg

Last but not least, a propane tank, went straight through the nozzle and out the other end, you can see the copper from my round coating the steel lol:

IMG_20140103_163401-1.jpg

I used 174 grain Brown Bear FMJ rounds made by Barnaul in Mother Russia :)

• 3 weeks later...

[URL=http://s271.photobucket.com/user/tylergibson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps83634d1b.jpg.html]image_zps83634d1b.jpg[/URL]

Some of the collection....   My 1940 Dated K98, 1916 dated G98, 1913 dated 1903a1, and 1902 SN Winchester 1892 (My Great Grandfather bought it when it was new) 

All my guns are back at home though, as NY is a pretty silly gun lawed state.