The Gun Show Thread

SpiritWolf

Really, anything goes.. You love guns and the 2nd amendment? let it out.. You hate guns and would like to see them banned? Give it your best shot.

If you have your CCW, whats your favorite carry pistol?
whats your favorite pistol and why?
Whats your favorite rifle and why?
Show your gun pics.

Do you hunt?
Do you shoot in competitions?

Are you afraid of guns?

There might not be a whole lot of gun enthusiasts here on HookahForum, but for those that are, Lets talk guns.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not big on fancy guns. I own a basic 44, 45, 9mm, 38, 357 black and red hawk, 40, AR15, three 12 guage, three 20 guage, a few others others I will not mention. I have used my 9 mm on would be muggers and my 45 on a home envaders before. I thank God that Oklahoma has the stand your ground law... I shoot at least once a week at the range. I work on speed and accuracy. Accuracy not a problem speed is my trouble... lol... I'll try and post pics later down the road.

Shoo, gun fanatic right here but I don't like to disclose that collection "just in case". Been in the military over 5 years now with a heavy background in security and tactics. I live in the boonies of TN and I can shoot right off my front porch. I love to hunt whenever i have the time but that's pretty seldom now.

Shoo, gun fanatic right here but I don't like to disclose that collection "just in case". Been in the military over 5 years now with a heavy background in security and tactics. I live in the boonies of TN and I can shoot right off my front porch. I love to hunt whenever i have the time but that's pretty seldom now.

Oh I got guns that most people can't get mostly due to my license the government gave me. I got some guns with a fun switch. Those are fun to take to the range. Edited by SpiritWolf

Shoo, gun fanatic right here but I don't like to disclose that collection "just in case". Been in the military over 5 years now with a heavy background in security and tactics. I live in the boonies of TN and I can shoot right off my front porch. I love to hunt whenever i have the time but that's pretty seldom now. Oh I got guns that most people can't get mostly due to my license the government gave me. I got some guns with a fun switch. Those are fun to take to the range. Ohh yes, but do you own? The very cheapest you can find are still around 5k, and that's for garbage (to me anyways). Plus I'd cry at seeing the $$$ shooting out the barrel. I have a slidefire which works great for the price but I haven't used it in years.

I'm interested in purchasing a pistol for protecting my home, but find it crazy when folks feel the need to own an AR-15, sniper rifle, military shotgun, and silencer for a pistol. My brother actually owns all of those and is one of those paranoid "Obama's trying to take our guns" type of guys. No need for all that. I as a civilian would only need a gun for protection or hunting. My brother feels he's still in the army or something I guess...

I'm interested in purchasing a pistol for protecting my home, but find it crazy when folks feel the need to own an AR-15, sniper rifle, military shotgun, and silencer for a pistol. My brother actually owns all of those and is one of those paranoid "Obama's trying to take our guns" type of guys. No need for all that. I as a civilian would only need a gun for protection or hunting. My brother feels he's still in the army or something I guess... I take situations like this and compare the objects as not a necessity (yet) but a want. Yet it IS better to have something and not need it then to need it and not have it. I drive around with a medical kit in my trunk not because I hope someone gets messed up but just in case I can help someone. By the same standards you can say what is the point of having a 500+ horsepower car? That's definitely not to go the speed limit, but there are respectable owners that just want that without putting people in danger. It's a culture.

I'm interested in purchasing a pistol for protecting my home, but find it crazy when folks feel the need to own an AR-15, sniper rifle, military shotgun, and silencer for a pistol. My brother actually owns all of those and is one of those paranoid "Obama's trying to take our guns" type of guys. No need for all that. I as a civilian would only need a gun for protection or hunting. My brother feels he's still in the army or something I guess...

For home protection might I suggest a sigomple shotgun... for pistols I suggest 9mm, 38, or a 40. If you want to knock a hole in them a 45 will do the trick. As for hunting if legal to hunt in your state with one use a cross bow. If you have an honest gun dealer they can suggest hunting rifles for what you hunting.og

As for home protection you want the fatter calibers with less penetration but more knockdown power. You don't want to shoot a guy with a high velocity round and it goes through him, a wall, and possibly into your wife or child, just something to consider.

As for home protection you want the fatter calibers with less penetration but more knockdown power. You don't want to shoot a guy with a high velocity round and it goes through him, a wall, and possibly into your wife or child, just something to consider.

In that case go with a 45. That or you can buy a lower grain round. Quick fix i use for my guns with a high velosity potential.

Me and my buddy did some meat tests after a medical course. We had a large amount of roasts that were gonna be thrown away afterwards so we took them back to my place. We layered them about 3 foot deep (much deeper than a normal person) and shot with .45, 9mm, and .357. All calibers in fmj went clear through the meat and into the clay dirt lol. Hollow points you are able to to actually observe the differences due to fragmentation. But of course like you said it's all subjective to the rounds your using as far as grain, composite, and structure.

If anything, I'm sure my buddy will let me borrow one of his.

I hope you mean to go to the range and get a feel for it. I'm not sure where you live, but say someone breaks into your house and you have to  shoot to defend yourself and kill this person. The amount of litigation you will go through when the gun is terrifying. And could come down to a possible UUW charge. Sucks I know, but I would highly advise you to invest in your own weapon. 

As I've stated elsewhere I own a Glock 17 9mm, love the weapon but it is a full size 9mm and the grip on a 4th gen glock's have an incredibly aggressive grip surface and it really bites into the hand when firing. Not unbearable, but can't be uncomfortable for some. My wife is a small lady, but she can fire the 17 with incredible accuracy.  Were are looking into a weapon that fits her hand best, most likely a compact Beretta, or even a Glock 26. 

My current duty weapon/CCW weapon is a Glock 30 SF. An incredible .45 with the recoil of a 9mm. 

You could always go fot the baseball bat or machete. With a baseball bat you can beat them to death. With a machete you can hack em to pieces. Then think outside the box by putting them in a box and burring them alive. If you want to hear them scream you can place a pvc pipe in the box that gives them fresh air...... oops did I go to far with that one.

I do have a machete... I think I'll start keeping it at my bedside from now on. The wife woke me up last night claiming she heard a voice in our living room. Turns out it was just our cat doing this low growl type meow she does sometimes, but still, I would have felt safer walking down my hallway with SOME type of weapon to protect my wife and I.

I then had to play with the cat for 5 minutes to get her worn out so we could go back to sleep... She was all hyped up at 3AM running up and down the hallway like a damn bat out of hell.

I got 7 MAC-11s, about 8 .38s, 9 9s, 10 MAC-10s - the shit never ends.

No, but I have something for every occasion. No .380, but handguns from .22 to .454. My baby is my 4" Python, but I lug around a G22 at 5:00. I got it for cheap so if shit goes down I'm not worried about LEO holding on to it for too long.