A Bit Ovverated Or Just Me? (No Disrespect Intended)

I never have issues, but again i live in socal so im lucky, and i just like that i dont get a werid feeling in my lungs after i smoke tangiers.  if i said im gonna just smoke say starbuzz or al fahker or social smoke for a month, i have this really heavy feeling in my chest and if i just smoke tangiers only for a month i do not get that feeling ever. personally i think it has to do with what the put in it. and what eric does not put in it.

i was told that eric did a experiment a while back, trying to repicalte starbuzz and other brands, and he was able to successfully match it and that there was roughly more then 15 different chemicals in it from dye to other stuff. which does anyone know what else they put in there tobacco? 

but i have zero issues i love tangiers, i smoke for more then 2-3 horus sessions every time so not having to change my bowl every hour or so is awesome for me.

oh and kashmir is amazing :)

I never have issues, but again i live in socal so im lucky, and i just like that i dont get a werid feeling in my lungs after i smoke tangiers.  if i said im gonna just smoke say starbuzz or al fahker or social smoke for a month, i have this really heavy feeling in my chest and if i just smoke tangiers only for a month i do not get that feeling ever. personally i think it has to do with what the put in it. and what eric does not put in it.

i was told that eric did a experiment a while back, trying to repicalte starbuzz and other brands, and he was able to successfully match it and that there was roughly more then 15 different chemicals in it from dye to other stuff. which does anyone know what else they put in there tobacco? 

but i have zero issues i love tangiers, i smoke for more then 2-3 horus sessions every time so not having to change my bowl every hour or so is awesome for me.

I know Alex (not 5star, but "agunn") has done some research into some of the allergenic chemicals in some tobacco brands, I don't think he looked into SB because he doesn't smoke it, but when I'm smoking something that tastes chemically like SB.. it's a pretty big red flag IMO.

also, Kenshin, Try poking less/more holes. I know poking more will let it not overheat when it rests for a while, maybe less will have the opposite effect?

IDK once I got tangiers down, I haven't had any issues with it. The packing methods others used never helped me out either tbh. They never worked right off the bat for me, it really just took trial and error to get what works right for me. I use a pico, 2 full coconut coals, and only 1 layer of regular foil. I think I pack my bowls lower than others do, and I get awesome results.

To add also, Tangiers has become the only brand I smoke anymore, after getting used to it, no other brands have the same clean flavor it gives. Some or too chemically, others are too tobacco'y (nakhla, desi, etc.)

I do agree, personal preference definitely plays a part here though, as does any thing that involves "taste"

I'd be curious to find out what is in Nakhla. I mean there is coloring in most of their flavors, other than that I wonder what else they add if anything. I don't find any Nakhla flavor to taste "chemically" the way other brands do. I have never gotten a heavy feeling in the lungs from the 3 brands I smoke (nak, tang, dm) I have never smoked fant/af/sb/other similar brands for more than 1 bowl every month or so from back in the day. I haven't smoked any of those brands in a few years minimum.

I'd be curious to find out what is in Nakhla. I mean there is coloring in most of their flavors, other than that I wonder what else they add if anything. I don't find any Nakhla flavor to taste "chemically" the way other brands do. I have never gotten a heavy feeling in the lungs from the 3 brands I smoke (nak, tang, dm) I have never smoked fant/af/sb/other similar brands for more than 1 bowl every month or so from back in the day. I haven't smoked any of those brands in a few years minimum.

What Nakhla besides DA is colored? I'm trying to think and it's either all a medium brown or near black...

nah man, raspberry is red, basha grape is red, blueberry is red, I believe flavors like peach are colored, they look like a yellowish brown color, grape is red, ice lemon mint is like yellowish brown, I dunno, they all seem colored to me.

What color is nakhlas tobacco that they used for their flavored stuff to begin with?

Obviously their unflavored stuff is black, but what color is the tobacco they use for og lines/mizo?

nah man, raspberry is red, basha grape is red, blueberry is red, I believe flavors like peach are colored, they look like a yellowish brown color, grape is red, ice lemon mint is like yellowish brown, I dunno, they all seem colored to me.

What color is nakhlas tobacco that they used for their flavored stuff to begin with?

Obviously their unflavored stuff is black, but what color is the tobacco they use for og lines/mizo?

Of all the flavors I smoke it's that medium brown, except unflavored and DA. Tobacco is a sort of brownish color, so I imagine it's undyed

Well let's see

watermelon -looks pretty natural but I think they use a gold type coloring in this one.

grape - red

peach - looks pretty natural

ice lemon mint - looks pretty natural (sort of yellowish hue to it)

ice apple - looks pretty natural (same sort of yellowish hue)

ice rasp - looks pretty natural (more brown colored)

raspberry - red

ice grape - red

orange peach - looks pretty natural

lemon - looks pretty natural (sort of yellow hue)

mint - looks pretty natural

gum - looks pretty natural

apple - red

cherry - red

orange - looks pretty natural

blueberry - red

lychee - can't remember this one

cosmo - looks pretty natural

brandy - looks pretty natural

shisha on the beach - looks pretty natural

flames - can't remember this one

The ones that are absolutely colored are bold.

-------------

The ones that I say look pretty natural and use normal font aren't necessarily brown, but they don't have that wow coloring. They may use some yellow or gold or something to make it look less brown.

-------------

The ones that are bold in blue I believe have no coloring, they have a very dark brownish/black color to them.

So in conclusion, to me, most of them look pretty natural and normal, but I do think a lot of the ones that look "natural" may use a gold or yellow coloring that makes the brown less ... well ... brown lol.

That should cover most of their newer styled offerings.

To be completely honest, the coloring is unnecessary? Yes. Is it probably not good for you? Yes. Do I think it is what will put things over the top and cause issues for me? No. At the end of the day I prefer it not to be in there, but it won't determine if I will smoke it or not. I don't get a chemical taste from nakhla ever, so I would like to think there isn't a bunch of shit in it. Every brand has their thing, with tangiers the nic content is quite high ... sure gets the heart and blood pressure pumping. Some use coloring, some use coloring and a bunch of shit, etc etc. It's all bad, so we shall smoke what we like to smoke!!!!

Smoking is one of my "bad things" I enjoy doing, they are all bad for their own reasons.

I know Alex (not 5star, but "agunn") has done some research into some of the allergenic chemicals in some tobacco brands, I don't think he looked into SB because he doesn't smoke it, but when I'm smoking something that tastes chemically like SB.. it's a pretty big red flag IMO.

Tried to contact starbuzz, fantasia, and a couple others, they never got back to me.

the companies that did get back to me were very helpful though.

I love threads like this, because I can just sit back and watch everyone take a side and argue. Can the admins make a tag for threads that just says "HBO"?

I've got over a dozen kilograms of about 30 flavors in my cupboard, all ready to smoke. But 8 times out of ten I choose Tangiers Birquq Kashmir Peach or Nak Mizo Peach.

I've got tons of washable hoses, non-washable hoses, turkish hoses, etc. and 10 times out of 10 this past month I've used a KM Beast hose.

I've got over a dozen pipes, most of them fantastic quality, with beautiful vases on them. Most of this month I've been using my Regal with a cheap (compared to the rest of my vases) peacock trumpet vase (mainly because it fits the beast hose the best of all my pipes).
I've got more bowls than I know what to do with, but I've been using a Harmony bowl and a Lotus pretty much exclusively because I'm continuously happy with the results.

That's what's been working for me this month. It changes all the time, and who knows how long I'll be on this "kick". Will everyone on this forum agree that that is their ideal setup? Oh hell no. I've seen people argue, at different times, against every single thing I just listed, for one reason or another. Frankly, I don't give a shit about arguing anymore. Who cares? Smoke what works for you. 

• Upvote 1

I love threads like this, because I can just sit back and watch everyone take a side and argue. Can the admins make a tag for threads that just says "HBO"?

I've got over a dozen kilograms of about 30 flavors in my cupboard, all ready to smoke. But 8 times out of ten I choose Tangiers Birquq Kashmir Peach or Nak Mizo Peach.
I've got tons of washable hoses, non-washable hoses, turkish hoses, etc. and 10 times out of 10 this past month I've used a KM Beast hose.
I've got over a dozen pipes, most of them fantastic quality, with beautiful vases on them. Most of this month I've been using my Regal with a cheap (compared to the rest of my vases) peacock trumpet vase (mainly because it fits the beast hose the best of all my pipes).
I've got more bowls than I know what to do with, but I've been using a Harmony bowl and a Lotus pretty much exclusively because I'm continuously happy with the results.

That's what's been working for me this month. It changes all the time, and who knows how long I'll be on this "kick". Will everyone on this forum agree that that is their ideal setup? Oh hell no. I've seen people argue, at different times, against every single thing I just listed, for one reason or another. Frankly, I don't give a shit about arguing anymore. Who cares? Smoke what works for you. 

Very well said and a +1 for you

I kinda disagree, I've been thinking I'm amazed that everyone has been respectively stating their opinion and respecting everyone's else's. But to each their own.

• Upvote 1

I kinda disagree, I've been thinking I'm amazed that everyone has been respectively stating their opinion and respecting everyone's else's. But to each their own.

Agreed

So I currently have

ice apple

ice lemon mint

mizo raspberry

mizo peach

mizo gum

open.

And to be honest, ice apple, ice lemon mint, mizo peach, and mizo gum, all look IDENTICAL. They have a dark brown color to them. I haven't really payed attention to the colors in a long time. And I think I can say at least those are not colored from looking at them.

I suppose this should be discussed somewhere else as this thread has kind of derailed. I just always assumed there was coloring but I think looking closer, quite a few mizo flavors appear to be non colored if the tobacco they use is in fact a medium to semi dark brown color.

Agreed

So I currently have

ice apple

ice lemon mint

mizo raspberry

mizo peach

mizo gum

open.

And to be honest, ice apple, ice lemon mint, mizo peach, and mizo gum, all look IDENTICAL. They have a dark brown color to them. I haven't really payed attention to the colors in a long time. And I think I can say at least those are not colored from looking at them.

I suppose this should be discussed somewhere else as this thread has kind of derailed. I just always assumed there was coloring but I think looking closer, quite a few mizo flavors appear to be non colored if the tobacco they use is in fact a medium to semi dark brown color.

I think that they are undyed but really wet...that could be what has been throwing folks off?

And that's fair, but I don't think we're on opposite ends of the spectrum here. I agree that everyone is stating their opinion and respecting everyone elses, but that's sort of my point; at the end of the day we're still all going to do what we want and smoke in the way we want. It's good to hear genuinely new points of view and ideas and methods and tools and such, but when it boils down to "this is what i do" "well, this is what I do", it's just a bit tiresome. If you're still figuring out what works for you, it's a valid pursuit, but without just trying stuff yourself, no amount of viewpoints and ideas and such is going to make much difference. But, most of us who spend lots of time here are kind of set in our ways, whatever they are.

On the topic of the thread de-railing (or is that off the topic?), case in point. Some people care about dye, some don't. I would rather smoke things that are not dyed, as I find it simply unnecessary, but if they are it's not the end of the world (for me), because I have no adverse reaction to it (that I know of). It's good to know what is and isn't dyed, as some stuff that looks like it isn't might be, but until manufacturers chime in (pretty unlikely, save for Eric) it's basically just guess work that just gets the rumor mills going.

I'd like to see what the color of natural nakhla is, then I would be able to tell for sure. But at least the ones I have opened that I mentioned above, other than the raspberry, appears to be completely undyed. All four of them look identical and have a medium to dark brown color.

I'd like to see what the color of natural nakhla is, then I would be able to tell for sure. But at least the ones I have opened that I mentioned above, other than the raspberry, appears to be completely undyed. All four of them look identical and have a medium to dark brown color.

idk, nak earl grey seems undyed and it is black or almost black very dark and dry.  

Well there are definitely a some that are not colored or at least appear to not be colored. That goes for all nakhla lines, not just mizo. Yes earl gray looks natural, so do a bunch of others. I am just wondering if the "natural looking" ones still have some type of coloring.

To be honest, I think the brown ones are probably dyed too. Just because it isn't red dye #5 doesn't mean it isn't dye.

For sure, but it looks dark brown, looks quite a bit like your typical tobacco.

Roll-your-own-cig tobacco is sort of a medium Nakhla brown color, most of it is NOT dark brown