Khalil Mamoon Vs Khalil Maamoon. Could Be Fake?

Hey guys!

I'm here again. At the previous topic I asked help for a hookah choice of some Khalil Mamoons. This time I will also ask your opinion about a Khalil Mamoon (?) I've just bought in a local store which I think it could be fake! Some of the reasons I think it coult be fake is because at the tray has wrote Khalil Maamoon (double A) instead of Khalil Mamoon. The hookah I've just bought seems exactly the same, even the valve, with a hookah I found at google (link http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-5365-sobek-ice-khalil-mamoon-hookah.html ), named "Khalil Mamoon Sobek Ice". I am going to give you some links with my photos of my Khalil Ma(a?)moon!

Btw, if its even fake, would it worth 35€(47$ i think). I know the base looks really crap.

j0Fj9KP.jpg

cwqE49C.jpg

iqbJCd3.jpg

9G84G0I.jpg

7TPUH4A.jpg

CjV3oPd.jpg

Real. KM vases are always shitty.

That was fast!!

Really? Well im glad you're sure its real..but what about the tray? Isn't strange?

I think it's real but Egyptian contractors can't spell.... 

Just the world cup models have some silly problem where the gold camel etchings fall off idk if they are welded to the stainless steal or w/e but they just flake off...

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

I think it's real but Egyptian contractors can't spell.... 

Just the world cup models have some silly problem where the gold camel etchings fall off idk if they are welded to the stainless steal or w/e but they just flake off...

ahh ok..I thought it would be an imitation of KMs with that double a. You know like Puma-Puwa, Nike-Mike etc. Well...i don't care too much about the camels, but I hope I'll never lose any of them because it ll be ugly and then I should eject all of them.

i would say it is real, I have seen it spelled multiple ways. I think that it is pspelled differently on one of my bases than on the hookah itself.

Edit* On the tray on my girlfirends KM it is spelled Khalil Mamon, But it is a legit KM which we purchased a few years back through a banned vendor.

The silly locals who make it at the factories there can't spell my friend has a ceramica but on the stem it says "Khalil Mamoum" Personally becuase im a huge fan of detail i only by syrian and turkish hookahs KM's are too vanilla for me. They smoke great and are very reliable for the most part. But some of them have sand in them and aren't well made However 9 out of 10 times you get an amazing hookah for a fair price. 

I've also heard that translating from Arabic to English ends up coming out with different spellings of the same name, so to one person KM in Arabic might be Khalil Mamoon, to another it might be Khalil Maamoon, to another it could even be the Khalil Mamon. It is real though. Shit base for proof ;)

It could be real or a fake fake, meaning made as a fake in the same factory and sold through some shady deals to the worldwide market. Lots of times you will see no name pipes looking like brand name pipes with the same designs etc. Just made in the same place, same quality and all, just different enough to sell without a name or in some cases as a "fake".

Its a real KM. 

Its about a 2010 model with a 2011-2012 tray on it. The jar is not KM, the hose is not KM. The jar is a typical Cairo quality, but likely made in Egypt. Without picking it up and holding it, I would guess, based on its style, it's about a 2008 model jar. Its somewhat old.

Some of the more important details to determine its authenticity were omitted from your photographs, like the knob on the bottom of the downstem, the detail inside the ice chamber, the hose port close-up, etc. 

yah i just picked up a km pharonie and it has a maamoon, and i went and looked back at my 2010 halzone and the tray says mamon lol its just funny how they are so silly at spelling. but yah go go egypt