Mars One

kaoz187

So mars one, a non profit organization is planning to send people on a one way trip to colonize mars in 2023. 24-40 people in groups of 4, more will be sent every 2 years. To pay for this mission , which will cost a shit load. 6billion for the first 4, they will film and air the final round of choosing on a tv show so be on the look out for "who wants to be a astronaut" some time in 2014.

soo that being said...would any of you be daring enough to go???

by the year 2023, i would not be ready mentally but i'd do it, becuase i want to see my kids graduate high school and college maybe even meet my grand babies so idk like 4 years ago i'd say fuck yes but now.. nope

You would think you would need much more people than that especially for running infrastructure and stuff. New England wasn't colonized by a handful of people. That being said, a true colonization would have schooling and family services and hell ya I'd take my family to space!

Not to mention the medical ailments that could occur from being in contact with foreign elements, but on the flip side possible cures for cancers and viral diseases. I think the possibilities outweigh the risks. Hell if we never explored, America would probably still be indigenous.

Not to mention the medical ailments that could occur from being in contact with foreign elements, but on the flip side possible cures for cancers and viral diseases. I think the possibilities outweigh the risks. Hell if we never explored, America would probably still be indigenous.

Then I could get into a boat and discover america, and this time, not massacre the natives...instead I would live a secluded life in the forest.  

How do you think people got here in the first place.

How do you think people got here in the first place.

well, if my elementery school history taught me anything, it is that columbus sailed in the mayflower and then ate dinner with indians.

My main worry in this rather bad idea is that low gravity makes the body work funny. Ridiculously long exposure could fuck them people up. Very true, low levels of resistance would cause people to become significantly weaker.... Jesus I wonder how much I could bench on mars!