Screen Printing

Travis

Anyone have any experience with this? 

I know the basics. I've read many tutorials, and I believe I'm ready to dive in.

For now, I'm just planning on making my own stencils by hand, most likely using Acetate sheets (used on an overhead projector)

Also planning on making my own "press" out of 1/2" planks of wood, and hopefully I'll be able to find a good screen material at a fabric store.

Ink is pretty self explanatory, fabric ink.

Probably going to start out with simple lettering or something along those lines to make it easy until I get the hang of it.

Basically just wanted to know if any of you guys have ever done this before? Thoughts? Tips? 

I've only seen it done. The highschool I went to had graphic design as a vocation and they covered screenprinting. I've always thought it'd be a fun thing to do! Let me know how it turns out.. maybe come up with a hookah forum T :D

Will do, later on down the road I'm planning on getting supplies for making photo negative stencils. They take a bit longer to make, but the detail you can achieve is phenomenal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I worked in silk-screening for 10+ years as a designer. Old school stuff, stat cameras, lettraset and cutting rubylith with an x-acto. Old shops like that are fairly extinct, I know my company gave away a lot of its equipment and frames. Wouldn't hurt to check out craigslist and see if you can score some materials.