Expired Tobacco

I received AF coconut from my order and today I realized it is expired a year ago so sent email to the vendor and he reply me back this is a part of the email from him.
"we can get them sometimes straight
from AL FAKHER supplier expired because the date doesn't mean anything they
have to put it only by California law but it doesn't reflect the freshness
of the product since the tobacco never expires, it is not something you eat
so they have no preservatives to get expired"
What you guys think on this? Is this true?

I received AF coconut from my order and today I realized it is expired a year ago so sent email to the vendor and he reply me back this is a part of the email from him.
"we can get them sometimes straight
from AL FAKHER supplier expired because the date doesn't mean anything they
have to put it only by California law but it doesn't reflect the freshness
of the product since the tobacco never expires, it is not something you eat
so they have no preservatives to get expired"
What you guys think on this? Is this true?

Tobacco doesn't really expire, however it does cure and get more potent. Meaning you smoke old tobacco you taste more tobacco and less flavoring. It still smokes good but the buzz will be heavier and the flavor taste more like tobacco leaf. Some People like aging tobacco some do not. I personally prefer it to be fresher and not as cured. 

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

yeah, no problems with it. i've had some that was 2 or 3 years expired, no issues, tasted fine

I can only speak from anecdotal experience here, but the one time I smoked expired AF it gave me a buzz from hell, and tasted like gin, it was supposed to be vanilla flavoured AF.

It will be fine to smoke. BUT you paid for non expired tobacco and that is not what you received. So it is your call if you want to return it or not. The vendor should honor that despite the fact expired tobacco FOR THE MOST PART is fine, you paid for fresh tobacco not expired and he/she should honor a refund or return if you wish.

As long as everything was properly sealed, there shouldn't be a problem with it at all. If it wasn't sealed right, I would say it could be a touch dryer than what it should be. But I am kinda on the same page as Matt on this one. You bought it thinking it was fresh tobacco, not "expired". Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

It will be fine to smoke. BUT you paid for non expired tobacco and that is not what you received. So it is your call if you want to return it or not. The vendor should honor that despite the fact expired tobacco FOR THE MOST PART is fine, you paid for fresh tobacco not expired and he/she should honor a refund or return if you wish. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4