sour smelling tobacco?

hey ppl,benny bought al waha melon.and as soon as the tin was opened it, i said that it kinda smelt like vinegar. [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" /> dont know if im dillusional. but it smelt sour.could it be off?renata

Hey Renushka!I've never had anything resemble vinger... How old is the tin? Are there dates on the tin ect?Might be worth a photo of Tin & Sheesha, as someone more experienced that me could probably tell how old it might be?JD

[quote name='Renushka']hey ppl,  benny bought al waha melon.and as soon as the tin was opened it, i said that it kinda smelt like vinegar.   [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" /> dont know if im dillusional. but it smelt sour.could it be off?  renata[/quote] Hmmmm a mystery worthy of the scooby doo gang themselves.

I've heard rumors that companies have been adding some chemical to the tobacco so they can use less flavor...somebody said formaldehyde, but I'm sure thats not right...maybe that smell comes from that. There is no logical reason I can see to add vinegar, except as a natural preservative, but since Nahkla still has nicotine in, its not necessary. I'm puzzled, too. That is a smell that shouldn't be in there.

[quote name='Tangiers']No, I know its not formaldehyde...the person was vague about the additive, but swore it was happening and he said he could taste the difference, very slightly.[/quote] Yeah wouldn't surprise me I wish some of the manufacturers would put more detailed component labels on their products more then just stating that it has glycerine and tobacco.

gave it a day to acclimate,Sour smell is still there, but alot less pungant then yesterday.Had a smoke with natural coals on it, was really good. Flavour isnt terribly strong, but is definately there. Massive buzzes, to the point of both me and renushka feeling sick afterwards, but we were both smokin on empty stomachs, so i think that was the cause..Shisha was good, real good :)

Some flavors do have a chemical smell. When I used to smoke Fumari the two flavors banana and watermelon come to mind as having a chemical smell. Despite their smell they smoked great. I have never smelled a melon tobacco that had a chemical smell. It sounds like this tobacco should end up in the trash. I wonder if the tobacco started to ferment from it's age and that's where the vinegar smell is coming from.