Finally Getting Into A House...

Chreees

We finally found a house! My buddy's grandfather moved into the retirement home and is renting out his 3BR/2BA house. It's in a good neighborhood with people we know and can trust, has a huge den add-on that will make a perfect party/hookah room, and has washer/dryer combo already in the utilities room off of the garage. Huge kitchen, fenced in backyard... What more could we ask for? We feel extremely lucky, especially for the price we will be paying per month. We got our Roku box and PlayOn, so no cable bill. Just gonna pay for a good Internet package so we can stream all of our shows/movies from PlayOn. We start this weekend cleaning out the house (his grandfather left pretty much everything behind, said he doesn't want any of it), then we paint a few rooms, and move in. So excited, and ready to be out of the in-laws' house! Love them to death, but we just need our own space. Anyway, it will be nice to smoke in my own house again!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You dudes have no idea. It's annoying being confined to a tiny bedroom with all your belongings, and having the rest out in storage in the garage. We're ready to get our shit into a home!! The only problem is having to move all of my buddy's grandfather's stuff out, which will take time. Then Brooke wants to paint a few rooms before we move our stuff in. I'm hoping we're in by October. It really all depends on my buddy and how fast he allows us to work on it.

congrats, bribe your buddy to get the stuff out of there faster, tell him youll give him..something special, i dunno, hugs? 

However long it does take to get in there, at least you now know you have a place to call home!

WOOT!! that is epic chris, stuff is just falling in line perfect for you guys, pretty awesome, what ever you do DO NOT tell me the price, im jealous of just about every other state for your cost of living lol. but when you are moved in we must have pictures of this new home and hookah room!!

Thanks guys! Today was a doozie. We moved out a LOT of crap and ended up hauling off THREE truck loads of trash to the dumpster. There's a pile of stuff in one bedroom that is for my buddy's mom to sort through. Now all we have left is the garage, utilities room, and organize things that are left in the bigass add-on den. Then once his mom has sorted through the remaining non-junk stuff and that's all out, it'll be ready for a few rooms to get painted, then our stuff can be moved in. I'm wore out, and going to bed!

Yeah, I'm wore out now. We worked about 6 more hours today cleaning out the garage and utilities room. Also moved that furniture next door to my buddy's mom's house. Then hauled off two more loads of trash. Now we're done as much as we can do and must wait on his mom to come over and decide what she wants to keep and throw away. After that, we start cleaning and painting.

i scrolled past this title really fast, and read it as "finally getting a horse" i thought to myself, that's odd, firt a hose, now a horse...where will he keep it, then i realized i am just an idiot.