The Definitive Music For Smoking Hookah Thread!

Vangeloff

[quote name='ilikemyusername' timestamp='1299277931' post='500303']
I've got the full set of "chill out in paris" I just usually listen to that on shuffle. Anyone who's familiar with it knows that it owns all other smoking music by far.
[/quote]

hrmmm, i will look this up.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1299292974' post='500317']
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1299277528' post='500302']
Arabic or Turkish music or North/West African most often
[/quote]

Don't forget NWA. :lol:
[/quote]

Oh God, how could I forget!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxh-FfElY0M

Amazing track. Totally throws me in a trance. Love it.

[quote name='SultanofSmoke' timestamp='1264001866' post='446571']
For me it all depends on what kind of mood I want to take it to...

Sometime's I'll throw on some middle eastern music for a more authentic hookah lounge feel or some smooth jazz but the ultimate in cool hookah music (other than Buddah Bar) is anything by Thievery Corporation....try it out. Its got the new school music sound with the middle eastern feel which works perfect for enjoying a nice bowl.

[/quote]

Buddah Bar is good, but then again I also have listened to Nick Drake while smoking. Basically anything very chilled out or slow will work well. I also love listening to Ali Farka Toure's music.. West African goodness that is very sublime.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1293611983' post='492772']
[quote name='svaj' timestamp='1293582865' post='492723']
I personally love throwing on some Reggae/Islander type music... Iration, Rebelution, Katchafire to name a few. Sublime is also one of my favorites. If I'm in a rock mood -- Kings of Leon, Death Cab for Cutie, Hellogoodbye, Hawthorne Heights, Static X. Party mood? Gangsta rap. lol diverse music selection over here.
[/quote]

You should check out Groundation, Bill Laswell's Dreams of Freedom (Marley Dub), and Steel Pulse.
[/quote]

Groundation is awesome.. also, if you love them you MUST get some Burning Spear onto your playlist, it's very Irie.

[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1299343585' post='500374']
half a Godspeed! album last me a session
[/quote]

Godspeed You Black Emperor, perchance?

[quote name='NUBBS' timestamp='1299303464' post='500328']
Aphex Twin!!! AKA Zen music from Children of Men. Haha
[/quote]

aphex twin? seriously? maybe "ambient works" but songs like "beaucephalous bouncing balls" and track 7 on the RDJames album just annoy me these days, but track $ on RDJames album is totally kick ass! budalumpabudalumbabodaluumdonk de donka da donkadee dee dee deba dum pingbonn mee neenaloodalonganee doopadaloodonkadee....

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1299347443' post='500380']
[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1299343585' post='500374']
half a Godspeed! album last me a session
[/quote]

Godspeed You Black Emperor, perchance?
[/quote]

ah, of course!

Nick drake often, also have been listening to Ali Farka Toure from Mali, goes well with smoking sessions.

Ahh, Nick Drake.. I should try that.. Uhh.. For me, I listen to this Soundscapes channel from my cable provider. Its just a fuckton of calming bullshit. I usually read (on my kindle, like someone before me said) and smoke. But other than that... Uhh... Ska music, or dubstep. Yep, dubstep and hookah. FUCK YEAH!

[quote name='Jesse' timestamp='1299425795' post='500437']
Nick drake often, also have been listening to [b][i]Ali Farka Toure from Mali, goes well with smoking sessions.[/i][/b]
[/quote]

Yes!

Last night i listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, the new album from Kanye West.
night before we listened to Mumford and Sons, William Fitzsimmons, Bon Iver, City and Colour folk and etc.
When im at work i like to listen to bands like Emmure, My Ticket Home, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red.
And I really like listening to Wiz Khalifa, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Curren$y, and other good hip hop artist.

[quote name='Beardius' timestamp='1299432896' post='500445']
Last night i listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, the new album from Kanye West.
night before we listened to Mumford and Sons, William Fitzsimmons, Bon Iver, City and Colour folk and etc.
When im at work i like to listen to bands like Emmure, My Ticket Home, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red.
And I really like listening to Wiz Khalifa, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Curren$y, and other good hip hop artist.
[/quote]

champion

Wiz Khalifa lives by me. I hung out with him and some mutual friends before he got big. He's a cool dude.

I don't really listen to music. I'm usually engrossed in tv or games. That being said, I'd be willing to bet my library is as eclectic as anyone's here. Look up Keiko Ave on YouTube.