The Definitive Music For Smoking Hookah Thread!

Vangeloff

Big fan of Nick drake, the beatles, emily jane white, and John lennon while smoking. All very relaxing especially Emily Jane White, she is one of the few female singers i can listen to. I have no idea i just am not a a huge fan of female singers (not to sounds sexist)

i like to listen to reggae. pretty chill music and works really well as a light background sound to conversation since it doesnt quite grab your attention in the same way loud rock or rap or techno does

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Click' timestamp='1293575122' post='492713']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhnZkNj7kAo[/media]
[/quote]

Thank you for posting this up Click, had no idea they had an extended version. Easily my favorite track on the whole album. Islands is quite good too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zScY9Ys3S-Q[/media]

I personally love throwing on some Reggae/Islander type music... Iration, Rebelution, Katchafire to name a few. Sublime is also one of my favorites. If I'm in a rock mood -- Kings of Leon, Death Cab for Cutie, Hellogoodbye, Hawthorne Heights, Static X. Party mood? Gangsta rap. lol diverse music selection over here.

[quote name='svaj' timestamp='1293582865' post='492723']
I personally love throwing on some Reggae/Islander type music... Iration, Rebelution, Katchafire to name a few. Sublime is also one of my favorites. If I'm in a rock mood -- Kings of Leon, Death Cab for Cutie, Hellogoodbye, Hawthorne Heights, Static X. Party mood? Gangsta rap. lol diverse music selection over here.
[/quote]

You should check out Groundation, Bill Laswell's Dreams of Freedom (Marley Dub), and Steel Pulse.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1293611983' post='492772']
[/quote]

You should check out Groundation, Bill Laswell's Dreams of Freedom (Marley Dub), and Steel Pulse.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reccomendations! I'm diggin the sound of Steel Pulse and Groundation. Wasn't able to find Bill Laswell's dreams of freedom though =/ any idea where I could listen to it?

[quote name='svaj' timestamp='1293644827' post='492807']
[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1293611983' post='492772']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the reccomendations! I'm diggin the sound of Steel Pulse and Groundation. Wasn't able to find Bill Laswell's dreams of freedom though =/ any idea where I could listen to it?
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZqWcMJgNn8[/media]

• 2 weeks later...
while smoking i love listening to Led Zepplin and Foo Fighters. outside of smoking i listen to mostly hard rock, metal and rapcore (RATM anyone?). i also listen to some really calming stuff like GooGoo Dolls and string bands(Vitamin String Quartet and Apocalyptica to name a few)

Alex

[quote name='SultanofSmoke' timestamp='1264229510' post='447227']
I think I may actually add country music to my list now......I'm becoming a convert. Some fun stories and such.
[/quote]

Me too actually. Never really was a fan, but lately I've been listening to a lot of the Zac Brown Band, and Darius Rucker.

I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd, CCR, The Doors, Clapton(Cream, Blind faith, Live clapton, recordings are awesome), and Kingston Wall when I setup shop to smoke some hookah. Mostly mellow stuff. Sometimes I basically just toss in the Forest Gump soundtrack, since that basically sums up all of them lol. I also enjoy my 90s music playlist. Hits that relaxing nostalgic vibe.

Most of the time I listen to a lot of heavy rock(not so much modern metal anymore..used to a while back in high school) and grunge(AIC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam) music, but I dont like it as much when smoking hookah.

• 1 month later...
It's been pretty nice in TX so I've been smoking hookah outside and I found the perfect music for it:

http://soundcloud.com/skeetskeet/dj-skeet-skeet-yacht-rock-mix-2009

The sun is setting, nice breeze, glow of coals and easy rock mashup. Makes me happy :)

What are some of your favorite hookah tunes?

Ermm...I listen to Linking park, the boulevard of broken dreams, bon jovi, old bollywood songs when I'm smoking alone! :) Or sometimes, I just watch Big bang theory or two and a half men or friends, or southpark if I'm in the mood - it just lightens me up!

I am usually watching something on my comp or reading my kindle. Don't listen to much music when I smoke. When I do it's usually stuff like Twothirtyeight, Bad Religion, Beach Boys, Avett Brothers, Old 97s, Less Than Jake, Unwritten Law.