The Definitive Music For Smoking Hookah Thread!

Vangeloff

I think most people know that certain music sets the scene in certain situations. I would greatly appreciate if anybody could recommend some awesome music while smoking the hookah. Mabye arabian, egyptian.. or any other types of music that will really go well with it. I listen to some Damian and Bob Marley while smoking now, but would love a larger variety, both chill music and dance.. thanks..
  • Upvote 1

I would Recommend rambetika style but its very hard to find these days.. New age does good as well even opera... but I prefer silence best of best... its a way to learn the music...

HookahHebrew, I do listen to Matisyahu, great choice btw.. I actually went to his concert a couple weekends ago down here in FL.... I also like the down tempo, electronic type of music.. Some great down tempo songs are:
Artist - Orbital Titles: One Perfect Sunrise; Haylcon and On and On; Belfast
Artist - Delerium Titles: Serenity, Silence
Artist - Massive Attack   Title: Teardrop
Some other great artists in this genre are Rabbit In the Moon which are pretty hard to find and Diplo is one of my more favorites..
These songs are really chill, not for a party type of mood, and also for going to sleep  

For ultra-chill, check out Bohren & Der Club of Gore. Dark ambient Jazz...But my favorite Arabic style song for hookah is "Baghdad" by Bernard Herrmann, from the 7th Voyage of Sinbad soundtrack, haha...

I'm probably going to be the minority here, but I love underground/hip-hop while smoking my hookah. Its definately not authentic hookah smoking music, but just what I like.Currently my favorite underground group is, A Tribe Called Quest. Great, chill rhymes.

Hendrix, Trower, Satch, Hellecasters, Pantera, Tool, Deftones, Rage
Against the Machine, Queens of the Stone Age, Alice in Chains, Bob
Marley, Gorillaz, Massive Attack, lots of other stuff.

My musical tastes are very diverse, but very specific. It has to be
good music. Hookah tends to enhance whatever mood I was already in, so
the music I'm listening to when I smoke can be a lot of things.

Right on, Pope. Good list you have there... I think I'm going to delve into a little bit of electronic and Drum 'n Bass next smoking session... but due to lack of shisha, that might not be for awhile =/

For those of us who like Arabic music, there is "Oom Kool Toom". (Not to be confused with Uncle Tom). Oom Kool Toom means in Arabic :the"Mother of all the Nation". She was Egyptian born in 1904-1975.She is still the most popular singer in all the Arabworld especially since her songs are being re-mastered digitally. Her songs live would last 5 hours! so put on a disc and make sure you've got a lot of shisha on hand!  & nbsp;  & nbsp;  & nbsp;  & nbsp;  & nbsp;  & nbsp;   Biography
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umm_Kulthum"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umm_Kulthum[/url]

i love listening to classics like floyd, zeppelin and the stones.but things like marley, 311 and the skatalites are good too.sometimes im in the mood for something more upbeat like the toasters and other ska.im a ska kid, though, so thats my preference

yash a tribe called quest are amazing if you like them you should try listening to jurassic 5 they are also very good. i know only one arabic song im not evgen sure if its arabic but simarik by tarkan. they have a english verson called kiss kiss i think. depending on the mood id say chill music marley,beatles and other bands or a party def main stream rap.
a really good chill song is  as the rush comes (gabriel & dresden chill out mix)- motorcycle. but i warn you my friends say i sometimes have some crappy music taste

thievery corporation, dj shadow, anything mellow that provides good background music while allowing one to discuss with ones friends.I would question listening to ICP and KK when smoking hookah but i guess whatever works.

Dispatch, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Alabama, Nickel Creek, Waylon Jennings, Grateful Dead, Charlie Daniels, David Allan Coe, Merle Haggard, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Simon and Garfunkel, and whatever else appeals.I like music, as long it's quality.

[quote name='surfpico']Country music.<br><br>Texas country music  specifically.<br><br>Oh, and Billy Joel, of course.<br>  [/quote] ...so are you single, babe? Because I'll fight Tangiers for you in a heartbeat.