Feel Like Getting Into Another War?

Chreees

i just didnt understand y you didnt Quote me or something, gotcha, now i see what your gettin at

and Rani its kind of a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't for us", If we go in then the countries that don't like us call us war mongers, if we don't go in the same exact people are screaming at us wondering why we didn't go in! 

The U.N says we shouldnt go in, China says no, Russia says no, The Arabs last i heard were about 50/50 at least the Public. I think Israel is ready either way.

How many more of our men have to die for other countries?

too many....George Washington even said to let other countries deal with their own shit....

George Washington was right except he never foresaw what America would become.  It's 3rd world countries that let decency fall down around them so long as they're safe behind their walls of indifference.  Is that who we want to be?  Just another 3rd world nation?  Both Russia and China have been trying desperately to get a foothold in the Middle East for decades, even since before the wall fell.  Of course they don't want us to go.  The West gets the lion's share of the oil being pumped out of the Middle East.  Ever seen the gasoline prices in either country?  You'd never complain about four dollar gas ever again.  A former co-worker of mine who was born in China made her annual trip to visit relations.  Gas was equal to $27.00 a gallon during her trip.  She actually spent more at the gas pump driving around than she did on airfare!.  Bet your ass, they don't want us coming out the savior here.  

Do I think we should go rushing in being the savior?  I hate the fact that we just may have to.  Because the other option is bad, really really bad for our future.  The best thing we can do is stand offshore, and embargo any further shipments from Russia, while attempting to destroy those already in place if we can.  Other than that, we need to walk a fine line and not interfere with their own internal processes.  They will keep Assad or bring him down.  I have Syrian friends who live near me and they tell me Assad is nothing more than another Saddam Hussein.  And a bigger danger because he's a whole lot smarter than Saddam ever was.  That's scary.  But I also believe that unless they fight for their own freedom, they will never appreciate it.  Never cherish it.  Never understand its cost.

So I think we need to walk that line.  Stop the abhorrent actions, but allow them to work out who's going to be in charge of the government on their own.  Assad or the rebels, whoever.  They have that right.  The problem is that it's a damned fine line to have to walk.

'Rani

Oh, and about Israel....... I'm not a fan.  Israel is about 2/3rds of the problem in the Middle East.  Like when the Syrians sent a peace keeping force into Lebanon to stop its war.  And Israel then invaded.  Or how about seizing the Golan Heights?   Israel is a big part of the problem over there, but nobody wants to admit that.

'Rani

i just didnt understand y you didnt Quote me or something, gotcha, now i see what your gettin at

and Rani its kind of a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't for us", If we go in then the countries that don't like us call us war mongers, if we don't go in the same exact people are screaming at us wondering why we didn't go in! 

The U.N says we shouldnt go in, China says no, Russia says no, The Arabs last i heard were about 50/50 at least the Public. I think Israel is ready either way.

From my understanding the UN didn't say no, they just said they wouldn't support us if we did go.

This is definitely a pretty complex situation and either way you look at it there are pro's and con's. Personally I feel a stand needs to be made in regards to the use of chemical weapons, which is exactly what the strike is for. It's purpose isn't to change the tide of the civil war in either way (although it would help the rebels) but to warn Syria, as well as other countries that we will not stand for that sort of stuff.

I think it is a necessary action.

I'm so torn on this issue as more info is released, because while I feel like Assad should not get away with chemical warfare, I also don't want to support the Al Qaeda rebels opposing him. We're screwed either way. No matter what, mark my words... World War 3 WILL be focused on the Middle East. But I don't want the United States to be the country to start it... That whole region is a clusterfuck and I truly believe they will always fight, as they have for thousands of years.

The USA should invade the USA and win the hearts and minds of the population by building roads, bridges, and putting locals to work

...and by increasing jobs by bringing manufacturing back to the US from China, and ween our dependence on foreign oil.

Why would we invest money within our own country when we could spend it on others? Why would we create more jobs and boost our own economy? We must nurture the rest of the world while letting ourselves deteriorate. People have come to assume that we have an infinite amount of money and that is surely not that case. To all of those pro "America as a police state" how much do you donate a year to these "humanitarian" efforts? How many of your family members are at risk of dangers for these efforts? It's easy to push when either outcome doesn't affect you.

I don't donate my hard-earned money to ANYONE because there's no telling exactly what it would be going towards in the end... Hell, I wouldn't pay as much taxes if I could because I don't agree with how our tax dollars are spent! It's just ridiculous.

I know I made a post asking why are we still shipping aid over seas, you all know I'm all for cutting off the aid to countries that continually screw us over. I just think back to when our soldiers were knocking down the statues of Sadam Hussein in Iraq, and they were all celebrating next to our soldiers but then 2 weeks later they are doing roadside bombs and IED's and killing our soldiers and hanging their bodies from a bridge for the whole world to see. Fuck those people. That's what I see this becoming. I don't think it's right the guy is using chem weapons, but if Nato(which I think is a gutless joke) and the other nations don't want to do anything about it, then we wash our hands and say, that's on you. Everyone want's to look to the US but we have enough issues here. Take that money that would be spent on this "war" and maybe spend it on the vets from Iraq that need rehab.

most of you know  stay out of political discussion, but i want to voice my opinions, and some of my concerns/inner thought process...please bare with me if it doesnt make the most sense.

As stated earlier, people voting for a 3rd party should make a difference, but I feel that even if everyone voted 3rd party or did not vote at all, that one of the two big parties would win. I feel that the lies, and corruption run so deep, that the whole system is just an elaborate show to keep the masses compliant.

I fear that this war is inevitable, and that scares the shit out of me. from what I understand, no other governments save for possibly France, and the  Saudi Arabia area support intervention. The majority of the US population doesnt support intervention, and I fear that The Powers That Be will go ahead and strike, against the wishes of the people, if congress okays it, that will be fairly definitive proof that the US Government does not care about its people.

That is really disheartening.

All of the things in the news lately have been quite frightening to me. Not only the possibility of another war that the US need not be involved in, but also things happening within the US. (diving into the what if/conspiracy about the government stuff now, apoloiges) It is mostly rumors and such, but many people online have reported that the police are becoming more militarized. If that happens it means that if people stand up to protest, they will be knocked down. I have also read online that there is the possibility of another revolution within the US if people do start to stand up and fight for what they believe against the wishes of the government. I said it before, i willl say it again, this scares the shit out of me, that things like this are possible.

I want the folks in charge to realize that this is not their war, I feel that the US needs to focus on fixing itself before getting involved elsewhere, but I understand that it is not the case, and that the folks at the top are greedy, heck everyone is greedy in some way. 

I worry the most about the future, what is happening now, it will impact future generations, I only want to see the best future for us and the coming generatrions.

I apologize again for the rant...I wanted to get my thoughts out. 

entirely possible. 

Conspiracy aspect aside, the possibility of another war rally scares me...i am unsure why, in the past, i was phased by any of this type of stuff, but recently I am. 

entirely possible. 

Conspiracy aspect aside, the possibility of another war rally scares me...i am unsure why, in the past, i was phased by any of this type of stuff, but recently I am. 

Same here Alex. for some reason the possibility of THIS war is unsettling. Maybe it's just me growing up..

maybe because if the US moves in Russia is going to step in for Syria.... pretty close to starting another World War. 

And with that thought I am going to bed and pretend that this isn't keeping me awake. 

Citizens, meet your leaders... They do not in any way represent you and do not stand for your best interests. They quote the founding fathers as if they are following what they stood for- yet their actions show they actually have no idea what they stood for. You did not elect them- money did. There is nothing you can do- they have bigger guns. They will drag us into World War III and it will in fact be the US that history will ultimately label as the aggressors, no matter what Assad did to his people... I see this going to a very dark place before it's over... We don't realize it, but we're no longer as strong of a country, and I could very well see China, Russia, or even North Korea (or hell, all three!) taking action against us and our world police tactics. HEY WASHINGTON! WAKE UP AND REALIZE YOU CAN'T EVEN HAVE "FOREIGN AFFAIRS" IF YOU DON'T HAVE A STABLE AMD PROSPEROUS COUNTRY TO OPERATE FROM! SHIT COST MONEY, YO! I just can't believe we have another debt ceiling crisis coming up and they're seriously pursuing this, ESPECIALLY with how polls show majority of Americans do not think we should strike. LISTEN TO YOUR PEOPLE, CONGRESS!!!

I am one of those people that actually believe we CAN make a difference. But it takes the masses to stand up and fight for what is right. Many talk about the need for change but do not offer any help of their own to move towards it American history in itself proves we are a resilient nation, but that is when are actually united for a cause.

I wonder if people will protest if congress approves intervention against the will of the masses, I feel like they will. I would like to believe it but I don't believe most of this generation has that kind of backbone.

I  don't believe most of this generation has that kind of backbone. 

That is a fair assessment. It is easier to protest from the comfort of your living room via a computer of smart phone than it is to get up and do something. Downfall of todays society, myself included. But i like to think that if shit got really bad, I would try to stand up for what I believe in. I guess I wont know until something happens one way or another, I guess that I do not know what my personal breaking point is.

I only say this because most (generally) Americans have not had a real struggle. And I don't mean paying the cable bill or school tuition. We didn't have to experience a Great Depression where fathers were leaving their families so there would be one less mouth to feed. We didn't experience a real war were we had to ration ourselves back home to support our troops without going in debt. When you think about things like these, we've had it pretty easy! But I believe this sense of easiness has brought about a "just go with it" attitude. It will be interesting to see when or if the people actually strive for a change, but we COULD do it.
  • Upvote 1