Feel Like Getting Into Another War?

Chreees

This feels like Iraq all over again...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/26/kerry-chemical-weapons-syria_n_3818125.html

If we do indeed go into Syria, I have lost all faith in our government. I voted for Obama to get us OUT of Afghanistan and Iraq, and have been disappointed with how long we have still been over there, regardless of if both wars have officially been declared as over. Not to mention Libya. As much as I hate what Assad is doing to his people over there, the rebels are in no way better. It's support the devil or support the devil. There is NO winning over there. We are not the world police. We as a country are failing and yet we're concerned with other nations?? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm either voting independent or not voting at all in 2016. This country has gone to shit. Clinton got us on the right path resulting in a booming economy and surplus, Bush veered us way off course plummeting us into debt and two wars, and Obama was supposed to get us back on track but has failed miserably. Both parties seem to be more concerned about social and foreign issues rather than our economy, our backbone that keeps us going, so what does it really matter who wins the presidency in 2016? No doubt one side will win. I'm going to make a point by not giving my vote to either side.

What this country needs is reform of the governmental system. I truly and honestly believe that until we totally do away with both parties and force our politicians to think for themselves, we will go nowhere.

/endrant

You are correct, the two party system is really a failure within itself. Not to mention its not what you do, it's what the medias portraying what your doing. As far as overseas it was a real eye opener to me. While I was over there, the only ones in favor of the US and NATO forces were the ones benefiting from it (contractors, utility providers, construction workers). The general populace that did NOT want a hand out did not want us over there. Not to mention the millions of dollars being spent on stupid shit that they don't even care about, why? So some officer can try to make full bird or general. I was really disgusted at the work we were doing there as we had no place being there on top of the supreme frivolous spending. Told my command I'd volunteer for Africa or South America in a heartbeat, do some real humanitarian work.

I feel the same way.  I'm going to try not to get all political for another couple of years, but you have to vote.  Even if you know your guy isn't going to win, it shows the other two that you are not satisfied with either one.  If you don't vote, nobody cares that you don't like the options.

Or, who knows, maybe we will get some real honest candidates in 2016.

I think as many people as possible should register and vote 3rd party.  In fact, reregister NOW.   Green Party, Libertarian, Peace and Freedom, anything but the big two.  Because you know they'll hear about it.  The more people stand up and say "We're tired of the same old shit." the more likely something will actually get accomplished.  If people start moving away ahead of time in preparation for the 2014 mid-terms, maybe, just maybe they'll have a "oh shit" moment and get their act together.

'Rani

i could only imagine people actully doing something out of the norm, and making a change for the better. 

I am the person that doesn't vote, becuase i feel the gov can suck it. and my 1 single vote wont change who pays more money to win the election. which major gas or oil company will pay for the person they want to win. 

but war, war is just bull shit, we have no purpose with it. i dont mind giving some moral support but do we need to give them 200 mill to help there problems after the problem. Gangas kan would never do that. why should we(joke)

but war is dumb. I am not gonna get drafted for something that i dont support

I think as many people as possible should register and vote 3rd party.  In fact, reregister NOW.   Green Party, Libertarian, Peace and Freedom, anything but the big two.  Because you know they'll hear about it.  The more people stand up and say "We're tired of the same old shit." the more likely something will actually get accomplished.  If people start moving away ahead of time in preparation for the 2014 mid-terms, maybe, just maybe they'll have a "oh shit" moment and get their act together.

'Rani

Exactly, they will rewrite the script for the puppets to sound like they are closer to the center.

Damnit, there you guys go, sucking me in again.  I gotta stay away from this section.

'Rani

That's what I have been saying for years. I vote straight libertarian since 2002... i don't vote straight ticket, but if there is a lib running they get my vote, then i choose the lesser of 2 evils if it's dem and rep

i could only imagine people actully doing something out of the norm, and making a change for the better. 

I am the person that doesn't vote, becuase i feel the gov can suck it. and my 1 single vote wont change who pays more money to win the election. which major gas or oil company will pay for the person they want to win. 

but war, war is just bull shit, we have no purpose with it. i dont mind giving some moral support but do we need to give them 200 mill to help there problems after the problem. Gangas kan would never do that. why should we(joke)

but war is dumb. I am not gonna get drafted for something that i dont support

Uhhhh.....Did you by chance mean Genghis Khan?

'Rani

Yes rani :) Get over it iPhone

Hey!  I wasn't knocking your spelling..... If it was something else I wanted to look it up!  Especially since he's one of history's heroes.  Seriously he has a fairly bad rap in Western culture, but he did amazing things.  That whole warlord thing will ruin your image every time.

'Rani

hahaha sometimes i can sometimes i cannot. but the "get over it iphone" was supposed to by my signature on the new tapatalk

apparently it just goes as text lol i'll have to get rid of that

I'm teasing you, Pavo.  It's a guy thing.  Men in general don't spell worth a damn.  It's just not that important to them according to all the "experts".

"Rani

lol, that i agree with rani, but when i need to give a shit i do :)

but yah i still think war is dumb

Dumb or not, apparently we've moved a portion of our fleet into position for a strike.  Obama can be decisive about this, but not about dealing with our blockhead Congress?  I've pretty much decided the defense industry contractors were running too low on profits for the year to date so they're egging this one on.  I HATE Haliburton and the rest of them.  Half the problems across the world can be laid at their doorstep.  

'Rani

well that is shit, thank you crappy gov. 

we should just let them all kill them selves and then take the country over when they killed each other.  so we can import/export there goods. 

but yah wepaon companies haven't made much money since afgan/iraq/ that part of the country has been over with. they are going broke im sure. (broke is a joke they are multibillionaires)

Yes rani :) Get over it iPhone

Hey!  I wasn't knocking your spelling..... If it was something else I wanted to look it up!  Especially since he's one of history's heroes.  Seriously he has a fairly bad rap in Western culture, but he did amazing things.  That whole warlord thing will ruin your image every time.

'Rani

I am not sure you are into the whole historical fiction thing, but there is a great series centered around him by Conn Iggulden.

Im stoke Obama went to Congress. He did not get my vote either time but that move(Edit) made me happy. I just hope they say no and he goes along with them instead of using his "supposed" Authority to go ahead with a strike anyways. Call me old fashioned, but I just have to disagree with helping Rebels as well as supplying them arms in THEIR Civil war in a nation that doesn't even really care for us too much anyways....

Im stoke Obama went to Congress. He did not get my vote either time but that move(Edit) made me happy. I just hope they say no and he goes along with them instead of using his "supposed" Authority to go ahead with a strike anyways. Call me old fashioned, but I just have to disagree with helping Rebels as well as supplying them arms in THEIR Civil war in a nation that doesn't even really care for us too much anyways.... Going to congress was his own bailout. If they approve he gets his war, if they disapprove he gets to back down without looking as much like a bitch in a conflict most Americans don't want. If they disapprove and he continues anyway... Lets just say I hope a majority of Americans have a backbone.

Im stoke Obama went to Congress. He did not get my vote either time but that move(Edit) made me happy. I just hope they say no and he goes along with them instead of using his "supposed" Authority to go ahead with a strike anyways. Call me old fashioned, but I just have to disagree with helping Rebels as well as supplying them arms in THEIR Civil war in a nation that doesn't even really care for us too much anyways....

Im stoke Obama went to Congress. He did not get my vote either time but that move(Edit) made me happy. I just hope they say no and he goes along with them instead of using his "supposed" Authority to go ahead with a strike anyways. Call me old fashioned, but I just have to disagree with helping Rebels as well as supplying them arms in THEIR Civil war in a nation that doesn't even really care for us too much anyways.... Going to congress was his own bailout. If they approve he gets his war, if they disapprove he gets to back down without looking as much like a bitch in a conflict most Americans don't want. If they disapprove and he continues anyway... Lets just say I hope a majority of Americans have a backbone.

wtf? thats almost exactly my post...?

You know, I get not wanting to be involved I really do, but there's so much more at stake here than Syria.  The thing is chemical weapons are essentially genocide.  Something we've always stood against.  So what happens to our standing in the eyes of the world if we sit back and say "It's not our problem."?  Regardless of how much we're often criticized, we're still the most powerful player on the field.  What happens when we start backing down?  Russia has ALWAYS been out to get us.  They still have illusions of grandeur.  They're the ones who supplied the weapons.  Every now and then we still ferret out of of their spies.  So we're okay with appearing weak to them?  How about all those mutual defense treaties we have with our allies?  What good are they going to be when we can no longer be trusted to come to the defense of helpless people?  Economic agreements?  Those are made by the strong, not the weak.  Does the world take us seriously because we're nice?  Or because we're the 700 pound gorilla at the UN?    Plus the Arab Union has now asked for help.  It's a golden opportunity to be taken in a different light than just war mongering infidels.  

I'm glad Obama went to Congress as well, but I'm not kidding myself.  Congress almost has to go along with action or the entire nation suffers as a result in the eyes of the world.  And I also think people are sorely underestimating  Obama on why he went to Congress.  Oh, but the favors he's going to reap by giving them their due!  

Regardless there's a whole lot more at stake here than just Syria.  A whole lot more.

'Rani