Vape Roll Call

joytron

Just wondering who here is into vaping, what set-up you are using, and what your thoughts are compared to hookah.

My lady is certainly taking a fancy to it, and my cheap K100/Igo-W is almost completely hers. She is already looking at getting a premium mod of her own.

jenvape.jpg​

Word up my buddy, 

So i am still wiating for mine in the mail. i have been using a friends i really enjoy it. But i bought my self and Erica the Vamo V3 and i got her a couple MT3 Kangar tanks and i got my self the Kangar pro II tank also some low ohms coils and a BOAT load of juice. our vamos are in san fran at the moment hoping to get them in the next couple days.

Damn Jess, that looks awesome. I gotta get one of these. How much do they run?

I spent probably 90 for everything, but online its a bit cheaper. 

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004491/1343802-empire-kecig-k100-mechanical-rechargeable

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005100/1431800-igo-w-stainless-steel-rebuildable-dripping

This is the complete set-up, there are definitely nicer ways of doing it, but its is a good way to get introduced. The batteries are not that great, and if you stick with it I would get a better charger. You need a little patience to wrap the coil on the wick, but i would say getting one to vape well is easier than getting a hookah to smoke well. 

Damn, you can do those kind of clouds from Vapping?

I actually like a cooler vape, so you could def. get clouds that are quite a bit of larger if that's you goal. This pic was from my first time wrapping so I like to think I have only improved since then. 

Planning on getting a Vamo with a pro tank. I have a good battery and charger picked out already, just need to order everything lol.

Honestly not really looking forward to the trial and error ahead of figuring out what exactly it is I will end up liking as far as juice goes.....

Any suggestions Jess?

I have an ego vap that was gifted to me a while ago by a friend. I never smoked it honestly, never even used it. However, the place I moved into has a nutso landlord who was very adamant about me and my friends not smoking hookah in the house, however, since I can't kick my smoking habit, I decided to give the vap a try. I've been smoking e-cigs but they don't cut it. 

I'm picking up juice tomorrow. Any recommendations on brand?

Planning on getting a Vamo with a pro tank. I have a good battery and charger picked out already, just need to order everything lol.

Honestly not really looking forward to the trial and error ahead of figuring out what exactly it is I will end up liking as far as juice goes.....

Any suggestions Jess?

Honestly, I would not be the person to ask about Variable Voltage devices, as I have almost exclusively used mechanical mods. If you are still open to other chargers though I would really suggest looking at Nitecore.

For juices, that is really hard, I just go in and try flavors at a store. As far as brands, they have been all over the place, but a lot just have the same overly sweet generic muddled fruit flavors. I am probably at around a 10% success rate for flavors I try that I would be willing to buy. Even though its less expensive, the only way I could justify buying online is some 3ml sample packs. My lady has gotten two flavors online as gifts, one is awful the other is the worst thing I have experienced. 

It should be noted though, I do not like dessert type flavors or generally anything overly sweet. Some of my favorites have been Rehab's Whiskey Tango and Zebra which are both tart flavors (I think they use citric acid in the flavoring. I also enjoyed Plume Room's Cherry Cream Soda and suprsingly Vanilla Caramel Frapp. Ben Johnson's is really popular around here and one of my favorite flavors is Snicklefritz which is watermelon kiwi. Juice by numbers Pina Colada (3) and Honeydew (2) are also quite could. I could go on but the point is, every brand I have tried, even the more boutique ones, have all had flavors I have hated.I think the problem is just taste is so subjective and most people are using cheap ecigs and cartomizers, and can hardly taste them anyways. 

i have the vamo v3 and kangar pro tank 2

i love it. i dont get massive clouds, and juices are easy to choose. becuase you knwo what you like and online they are super cheap

Is there like a good place to research/build your own? I'm kinda lost as it stands.

Honestly, its all really confusing at first because you have so many different types of devices and so many different names. I really just dove in head first into this and asked a million questions and kind of went to a store and was just I want whatever will give me fuckoff clouds and good flavor and went from there. There is an ecig forum, which can be really helpful, but its hard when you don't know what to search for.

Basically you have two parts to the device; the part that holds the battery, and the part holds/vaporizes the juice. (A lot of devices are just one part, but I am trying to make it as simple as possible and this manly devices that can actually give goods cloud.

For the battery holder (mod) you have varible voltage. variable wattage, and mechanical devices. For Variable Voltage, you set the voltage so it vapes the way you want. The pro with this is it will vape the same throughout the batteries life. Mechanical Devices, you wrap coils around a silica wick to vape the way you want. Basically the thinner the coil and the longer the wire the cooler the vape will be and vice versa. Mechanical devices have the advantage because they can handle higher ohms, have less to go wrong, but the vape will change as the battery dies. 

The part that holds the juice is called the atomizer (other types are cartomizers and clearomizers, but I wont go into that.) Drip style atomizers are generally used for clouds and flavor. Aside from certain generally high end tanks which give unparalleled flavor drip atomizers are the best for this. The sacrifice is that you have to drip every so many hits. Tanks, generally give less intense flavor and def. less cloud volume, but you have the advantage of holding a lot of liquid. The problem is a lot of tanks have to be held at certain angles and many of them will leak if not left upright. 

As far as how to build, I was fortunate to have a place that would wrap for free. Essentially what happens is you take a piece of wick, say silica, and wrap a metal coil around it (I like 28g). The more wraps the cooler it will be. You take the ends and attatch them to posts. One post is negative, the other positive. The energy flows through the wire and it heats up vaporizing the liquid. I just kept having it rebuilt until I found I wrap I really liked then mimicked it. I then made changes as I continued to rebuild. I was overwhelmed at first but its a lot easier than it sounds. Plus they should have youtube videos for your atomizer.

Let me know if you have any other questions, just know you are going to get a very biased result. I have started to figure out what I really like, but that may not be what you prefer. 

I'm not wrapping shit.  Seriously, for those that heavily into it, I suppose it's okay, but give me my tank system anytime.  I already have a nit-picky hobby:  Hookah.  I don't need to be dealing with another.  I get good flavor and decent clouds with my eGo-T, but honestly what eCigs are are simply nicotine delivery systems.  Luckily my tank doesn't leak unless I intentionally hold it upside down for a long while.  And I can replace the tanks for super cheap if I need to.  Now if we could just get Eric to move ahead with his eLiquid experiments, which he says he's doing I would be doing a happy dance for days.

'Rani

yeah there is a LOT to the vape area of the world, also jess forgot to talk about VG and PG liquids and the %'s but again thats a whole other area of conversation. And cloud can be achieved no mater what you have its just how you vape and mod and what not. i will soon be changing mine to get more clouds, but when i vape with 0 nicotine which is fine with me i do it for flavour most the time. i want big clouds. so i'll have to do more research and purchasing. but yah socal has a SHIT ton of vape shops to hit up and ask 1 million questions

Generally

PG (propylyne glycol) -Throat Hit, helps transmit the flavor.

VG (vegetable glycerin)- Thicker denser clouds.

Most companies are 50/50 PG/VG.

I vape 6mg/ml nicotine. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, as usual my impatience has caused me to buy what I would call a "test" pv.

It's nothing special, but I bought it first to see if it would be something that fully interests me enough to spend the necessary money on a good setup as I've mentioned before.

I have to say that I have not had a cigarette in the two days that I've had this little cheapo. Works very well from what I can tell. Only spent 50$ on a full setup with a few bottles of juice. Not bad? Maybe?

If this "test" pv run is this good, I can't wait to see what a verified good pv is like. Very excited for this.

I still want to purchase a better setup though, that will come within the next few days. 

Well, just pulled the trigger on a Vamo V3 and a Pro Tank setup. Got a decent battery and charger for now, planning on upgrading those down the line. 

I found a vendor with nothing but positive reviews just a few hours from me, so that's a plus. Not sure if we can plug them in this forum but if anyone wants the name pm me on here or facebook.

thats my setup i have the kangar protank 2 and my v3 and i gota nicor 2 battery charger with 18650 batteries. but i'vebeen thinking about getting another tank, eve nthough i love my pro2. and i love it, for most jucies i keep the voltage at about 3.9-4.3 and my watt at about 8.5-9 also i am using a 1.8ohms coil so clouds and flavour are great :)

thats my setup i have the kangar protank 2 and my v3 and i gota nicor 2 battery charger with 18650 batteries. but i'vebeen thinking about getting another tank, eve nthough i love my pro2. and i love it, for most jucies i keep the voltage at about 3.9-4.3 and my watt at about 8.5-9 also i am using a 1.8ohms coil so clouds and flavour are great :)

Awesome, I've heard many good things about that set up, glad I went with it!

I'll most likely be asking here for tricks and tips when the aforementioned package arrives. Still pretty new at this stuff.

But I haven't had a real cigarette since I got my cheap vape! 

Also wanted to mention that I ordered two 15ml bottles of juice along with my setup. An uber mint type juice (which will most likely be a staple for me) and a lemon flavor. The vendor makes both in house and after watching a few reviews from more experienced vape users I had no hesitations with buying them to try, 

Packaged arrived today!

I've been toying around with the Vamo for a few hours now and I'm in love. Such a nice, well machined piece. Works like a charm too!

I've got some kanthal and wick on the way, planning to give rebuilding a try. 

You have any experience rebuilding the coil in the Protank Pavo? Doesn't look like it should be that hard from what I've seen in videos and such.

i haven't even looked into rebuilding it to be honest, sorry for late reply, ive just been using it as it. i like the eas of it. so idk maybve i'll look into if it u have success with yours