Horoscope Talk

A Sharrp SYBIAN

I've really only smoked Noir. Had no reason to go exclusively to any other line. It works for me, so that's what I use.

On the other hand, all the new Tangiers smokers may have a harder time getting started since Lucid will be discontinued. I also understand why people like Chirs, Jess and Alex favor it. They have their reasonings, who's to argue with them? Either way there's not really much we can do about it at the moment. Somewhere down the line?...maybe. Most of us know that when Eric makes a decision in that complex brain of his, its highly unlikely that he'll change his mind right out of the gate.

Hell, how many times have we heard that "this bowl" or "this flavor" will never be made again, then a few years later...boom, another group buy.

Hang in there guys, if it's any consolation I'll sign the petition to bring it back when it inevitably arises.

Side note, I foresee a lot of price gouging on Lucid packs in the trade section in the very near future. 

Well he IS a Gemini.  That's the astrologically approved word for "schizophrenic".  (Dated a couple in my time.)

'Rani

Hmm... Wonder what you think of Scorpios?  That being said I never knew people actually still read horoscopes! 

I've really only smoked Noir. Had no reason to go exclusively to any other line. It works for me, so that's what I use.

On the other hand, all the new Tangiers smokers may have a harder time getting started since Lucid will be discontinued. I also understand why people like Chirs, Jess and Alex favor it. They have their reasonings, who's to argue with them? Either way there's not really much we can do about it at the moment. Somewhere down the line?...maybe. Most of us know that when Eric makes a decision in that complex brain of his, its highly unlikely that he'll change his mind right out of the gate.

Hell, how many times have we heard that "this bowl" or "this flavor" will never be made again, then a few years later...boom, another group buy.

Hang in there guys, if it's any consolation I'll sign the petition to bring it back when it inevitably arises.

Side note, I foresee a lot of price gouging on Lucid packs in the trade section in the very near future. 

Well he IS a Gemini.  That's the astrologically approved word for "schizophrenic".  (Dated a couple in my time.)

'Rani

Hmm... Wonder what you think of Scorpios?  That being said I never knew people actually still read horoscopes! 

Your gonna die f*ckin'. - Chris Rock

I don't read daily horoscopes, but reading about each is very interesting and funny how it does seem to work with most people.

Scorpio's are sexy..... I'm a Pisces so for me Scorpios have always been, oh hell, anything I could say would be TMI.  Take everything your imagination can dish out, triple it, and you've got your average Scorpio.  Of course I'm a huge fan because of my 12 houses, 9 are in either Pisces or Scorpio.

I would say Smokes, that our birth horoscope shows nothing more than a basic tendency.  Everything that comes after, upbringing, education, relationships, etc., determines the details of a very broad picture.   My horoscope is never daily correct, but it's scary accurate.  What it says about today may hit a couple days from now, but it's always right on the money.

'Rani

Scorpio's are sexy..... I'm a Pisces so for me Scorpios have always been, oh hell, anything I could say would be TMI.  Take everything your imagination can dish out, triple it, and you've got your average Scorpio.  Of course I'm a huge fan because of my 12 houses, 9 are in either Pisces or Scorpio.

I would say Smokes, that our birth horoscope shows nothing more than a basic tendency.  Everything that comes after, upbringing, education, relationships, etc., determines the details of a very broad picture.   My horoscope is never daily correct, but it's scary accurate.  What it says about today may hit a couple days from now, but it's always right on the money.

'Rani

Yeah, I'm talking about general tendencies.  Like Gemini being "two faced"...haven't met a single gemini who isn't lol

I'm a scorpio and almost everything it says, it's me.  My wife is on the end of scorpio and she has a mix between scorpio and whatever was next (I don't remember).  People always ask us how it works for us.  The sign says for 2 scorpios to be in a relationship, it's either destructive or the best thing ever...and I must say, it is the best thing ever.  She's my best friend.  If I couldn't talk to anyone else in the world or be friends with anyone else, I'd be happy with just her and I :)

I know I'm continuing to go off-topic, but fuck, this is one of the few active threads going right now, so what does it really matter... I have to read horoscopes because I have to look them up and type them in for the newspaper I work for. :) I'm a Leo, btw.

Chris, why don't you make a horoscope thread under chit-chat and move all the conversations where we've derailed over there?  It's actually a reasonably interesting topic......

'Rani

Sagittarius here 

Sags tend to be very self-absorbed.  My two longest relationships were with Sags and there were a couple not so long ones because Sags have charm for days.  You guys are very poetic, often really creative, musicians and actors and so on, but I find every single one forgets the world doesn't revolve around them.  They're not selfish, but simply don't see outside themselves.  They take every single remark personally, and so on.  When you're involved with one you spend a heck of a lot of your time looking at them blankly and going "Huh?" because whatever you did or said had nothing to do with them and damned if you know why they're upset.  

'Rani

Okay, Hass, thou shalt be known from now on as "Mr. Piss on the Parade".

I'm sure there are people who swear by it, live and breathe by it, and won't get out of bed without first checking their horoscope.  But for most people it's fun, it's interesting, and now and then it's accurate enough to give you a little shiver.  Big whoop.  Personally when it comes to all things supernatural, I believe nothing is true and everything might be.  I'll find out which is which when I get to the other side.

Now back to the fun.........

'Rani

This thread right now is making my night! Lol. Didn't realize you dudes like looking at them too.

My mom had a "planet reading" or "star reading" or w/e it's called done when I was born. We still have the 20-some pages the woman printed out. It's really interesting how accurate some of the stuff is. I look back at it and read back to things it "predicted" and while some of them are generic things, others are very specific to days of the month certain things occur and it's been extremely accurate 98% of the time.

I, however, don't believe most of the daily or weekly horoscope things, especially the ones you see on facebook, etc.

I do, also, have a book that is year specific (think mine was for 2011) for aquarius and most of it was acurate as far as my moods, etc. went. Which I thought was interesting too. It had a callender in the back where it said you will feel like this these days. I'd only look at it after I have a sudden mood swing and sure enough, most of the time the damned book was right!

anyways. it could all just be hodgepodge and hearsay, but.. it's still fun!

I've read my astrology time and time again. Never has it been even remotely accurate. To me it's alway been like the "mediums" that "communicate" with the dead. They throw out a couple ambiguous statements, someone bites and makes the pieces fit. Doesn't bother me if people follow it, just not my thing.

I think for the most part they are just too general, like "something good will happen today" well Jesus something good could be winning the lotto or just not being bitched at by your boss. Now show me one that is accurate enough to say "if you leave the house today, you will get in a car wreck" and I'll be a believer haha.

I think for the most part they are just too general, like "something good will happen today" well Jesus something good could be winning the lotto or just not being bitched at by your boss. Now show me one that is accurate enough to say "if you leave the house today, you will get in a car wreck" and I'll be a believer haha.

The ones you see in Facebook, or the paper, etc., are very general because they're based entirely on someone's sun sign (their birth date).  But when they get interesting to me is when you have a full horoscope done that outlines all your houses - what each house represents and what sign you have in it, then you start to get some surprisingly accurate information.  I think it's one of those things where in the interest of entertainment everyone should indulge themselves with an full horoscope once.  Take it out once a year, or whenever and have fun seeing what matched and didn't match in the prior year.  It's all in good fun, but sometimes it can actually open your eyes.  Like finding out your have Virgo in your financial house and realizing MAYBE that's why you've always been very balanced about money.  Sometimes there are "Okay, I see why I'm like that moments."

'Rani

I think for the most part they are just too general, like "something good will happen today" well Jesus something good could be winning the lotto or just not being bitched at by your boss. Now show me one that is accurate enough to say "if you leave the house today, you will get in a car wreck" and I'll be a believer haha. The ones you see in Facebook, or the paper, etc., are very general because they're based entirely on someone's sun sign (their birth date). But when they get interesting to me is when you have a full horoscope done that outlines all your houses - what each house represents and what sign you have in it, then you start to get some surprisingly accurate information. I think it's one of those things where in the interest of entertainment everyone should indulge themselves with an full horoscope once. Take it out once a year, or whenever and have fun seeing what matched and didn't match in the prior year. It's all in good fun, but sometimes it can actually open your eyes. Like finding out your have Virgo in your financial house and realizing MAYBE that's why you've always been very balanced about money. Sometimes there are "Okay, I see why I'm like that moments." 'Rani How do you go about this? Sounds interesting and expensive lol