Steam Games

KnightHawk63

I just picked up Hawken over the weekend, and if you're into mech games, it's pretty much the grand daddy of them all. It's still in beta/early access, so there are a couple issues here and there, but it is great. You currently have to pay $30 for a early access pack that comes with a bunch of mechs and extras and stuff, but I would say it's worth it. But, when it actually releases it will be free to play, which is really awesome, and I don't mind supporting something like that.

I just picked up Hawken over the weekend, and if you're into mech games, it's pretty much the grand daddy of them all. It's still in beta/early access, so there are a couple issues here and there, but it is great. You currently have to pay $30 for a early access pack that comes with a bunch of mechs and extras and stuff, but I would say it's worth it. But, when it actually releases it will be free to play, which is really awesome, and I don't mind supporting something like that.

I agree, I signed up for the Hawken beta a while back and got accepted. Been playing the game every now and then, a lot before they switched over to Steam. I'm going to fire it up again and see how much they improved and added since I last played. I bet there's a bunch. We should get in a match sometime too

It seems pretty solid, I have been playing pretty much entirely with Assault class (so I could see how the levelling and whatnot affects it), and it's actually a really enjoyable experience. I'm down for teaming up, hit me up whenever i'm online on steam. Also, we could try the coop bot thing, not sure how it works since I haven't had anyone to play with yet.

I played this old game called GunZ the Duel back when it was first released Internationally back when I was in middle school it was first a standalone game run by the Korean Developers but then the Internation version shutdown for Localized Versions like North American GunZ the Duel picked up by ijji games (defunct) I was a master of K-Style a Katana skill and the game was great the K-Style made this small time game a great game....I just saw that GunZ 2: The Duel is available on steam.....The Opinion is still out.

I remember playing GunZ too! I used dual revolvers haha, massive damage just running around blasting people.

Dagger stab, unload rifle on opponents stunned body, repeat.  That game was so unbalanced.

And f**k K-Style players. That crap was too complicated.

• 1 month later...
Damn, I forgot all about GunZ! I preferred it when it was run by the Korean developers. :/

And I was a K-Styler. :o

A little bit more on topic: has anyone else played Goat Simulator on Steam yet? Its freaking hilarious. Edited by Epitocom

Haven't played goat simulator but I've watched plenty of videos and have been having many a chuckle cause of it

I just recently got into war thunder. Looks to be an amazing game. My roommate and I play quite frequently

Goat Simulator is hilarious if you want a couple hours of laughs and enjoy games like Skate where you just mess around. It is seriously worth it just for a couple hours of fun. If you watched lets play videos of it, you've seen pretty much the entire game at this point, but they will add stuff and it has workshop, so if you're really enjoying it, there is more to do. Personally, I would say wait for a sale, but definitely get it.

^ I agree, its easy to do everything you can possibly do because of how heavily its covered by popular "Let's Play!" YouTubers. So its only good for a few hours of laughs. I am excited about the Workshop though, there's a lot of potential for more. 

So, now that Dark Souls 2 is out, who's ready to get angry at their screen?! I put in a couple hours yesterday, was doing awesome, then I got stuck on an area and had to ragequit. 

So, now that Dark Souls 2 is out, who's ready to get angry at their screen?! I put in a couple hours yesterday, was doing awesome, then I got stuck on an area and had to ragequit. 

I never beat the first one, I would imagine this one is instant suicide.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying out FTL: Faster Than Light and I have really been enjoying it! It's challenging and there are often times where I'm like "OH COME ON!" but, overall it's rewarding when you are doing good.

• 9 months later...

So, I've been playing a lot of Elite: Dangerous this week. If you've heard of Star Citizen, it's basically the lightweight version of that. It's a lot more in depth than it seems, and I've just really been enjoying exploring all these space regions, getting in dogfights, upgrading my ship and saving for a new one, running different missions and such. I'm really excited about the return of space sims/cockpit games. Especially with all the exciting VR tech that's going to be coming out in the next couple years.

Not yet, but it's on my list of things to do...maybe this weekend. And on that topic: how great does Steam/Valve VR look?! I never thought I would be stoked for a product made by HTC (again, anyways, they used to have some really great phones), but they did a bangup job on this, working with Valve obviously.

• 2 weeks later...