New Study

Not much scientific evidence or description of methods used. I'd like to know what brand tobacco and what kind of coals.

This. It really does matter knowing exacts.

I emailed the researchers asking them specific questions. I will let you know when I get a response. This is the first study that I have actually paid attention too!

Here's the only useful fact in that article:

"The research was funded by the California Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program and by the National Institutes of Health."
  • Upvote 2

Bummer, I thought this was a continuation on the nap study.

I'm going to contribute to that study right now! Fuck BS hookah studies... The nap study is the only one that shall matter! :P

News flash: EVERYTHING KILLS YOU!

+1

Stop worrying about adding years to you life and start adding life to your years.

If you live into your 80s or 90s, the last decade or so sucks anyway.

ah gigi, always coming up with health studies or scare questions. and we thought you was a troll before......

The study is bullshit. If its funded by an anti-smoking campaign its not only tripe but it casts doubt on every LEGITIMATE health study out there.

Those thoughts clear enough?

thats not a study, that a paper about the study. Papers about a study are normally not allowed to mention most of the data or methods used in the study. That information is normally paid for, by a subscription to the publishers.  

I always thought this topic was pretty silly.  Who in their right mind in the year 2013 can sit there and possibly think that inhaling smoke won't have any adverse possibilities?  If you are very concerned about it, this may not be the hobby for you.  

• Upvote 1

Tell you what..... When you come up with a study that proves to me I'll live forever if I give up all the bad stuff, I'll pay attention.  In the meantime, perhaps huddling in a dark closet away from meat, sunlight, and just about everything else is the way for you to go, hmmm?

'Rani 

• Upvote 1

I personally have a hard time believing any sort of study that's funded by an "anti-smoking" organization or "cancer prevention" organization. Not saying they're bad groups but I think they'd be a little more biased. 

If the study were to show more scientific evidence such as the type of chemical and what not, then maybe I'd take it into consideration.