Egypt

Stuie

I haven't been keeping up at all.... so apparently going to be a coop in Egypt.

Didn't this just happen like a couple years ago?

Thoughts? Comments? Can anyone layout the story line here?

I just haven't had time to keep up.

It is complicated to say the least, it isn't connected, but it is also, to what happened last year. Mostly it has to do with the presidency of Mohammad Morsi.

Why are they angry?

Egyptians are mad because they see Morsi's efforts to impose control by the Muslim Brotherhood as well as his failure to introduce reforms more than two years after the Arab Spring revolution. Opponets claim he lost legitimacy through power grabs and that their turnout on the street shows the nation has turned against Morsi.

Who is the opposition?

It's a new movement, mainly made up of Egyptian youth called Tamarod (I think it translates as Rebel into English). They are spearheading he campaign to remove Morsi from office, it all started with a petition to remove Morsi ~3 months ago.

What about the Egyptian Army? The army chief, General Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi called on Morsi and the opposition a week ago to try and reach and understanding, warning that hte military would intervene if the government and opposition groups could not reach compromise. Now, as of today, the military is involved, even putting officers in the state TV rooms in preparation for a push to remove Morsi, physically and figuratively.

What does Morsi say about all this?

CRY CRY I WAS ELECTED DEMOCRATICALLY! Hah. What a tool.

What are we waiting for?

If Morsi is forced out, no one really knows. It's kind of the same situation as the underwear gnomes...

Step 1 Remove Morsi

Step 2 ???

Step 3 profit

It is likely that in the event of Morsi being forced out there would be issues with the Muslim Brotherhood and a military leader vying for power

Hope this helps?

Extremely different than normal actually Chris. Morsi just stepped down....will be interesting to see what develops...

What I mean is shit's always going down in the Middle East. They've been fighting there for thousands of years, so I doubt it's ever going to really calm down in that region of the world. Seems like it doesn't matter who the leader is... Same shitty things continue to go on anyway.