Doing A Road Trip Of The West Coast...need Help With Hookah Cafe's...

Hey everybody,

Need some advice, I'm from the UK and me and a friend are flying over to the states to do a road trip across the west coast and this is where we'll be going:

Vegas

Sacramento

San Franciso

Los ANgeles

San Diego

Tijuana

Vegas (and back to the UK) 

I'm a hookah fan and was wondering what are the best Hookah cafes in the places I've mentioned (I'm not expecting a hookah lounge in Tijuana lol). What im looking for is a good crowd (eye candy as well if possible lol) and good hookah! Any suggestions would be great and also anything that's not hookah related that's worth going to/visiting, feel free to mention! Thanks! 

Edited by shan7-8-6

Wow, how many weeks will you be in the US?

I agree, you should go to Odyssey (the Tangiers lounge) above all others. Yes Tangiers is all they do, It's run by the owner of Tangiers, who you will get to meet there. Prices are cheap. I think $13 for a hookah.

Also, don't bother smoking in Vegas, there is too much other stuff to do and I've heard the lounges arent very good.

I haven't been as far north as Sacramento and San Franciso or as far south as Tijuana, but there are Lounges all over the Los Angeles area.  I'll Let locals chime in on the best ones.  I only went to the Tangiers when I was there.  I probably wouldn't smoke at a hookah lounge in Tijuana either.

I agree, you should go to Odyssey (the Tangiers lounge) above all others. Yes Tangiers is all they do, It's run by the owner of Tangiers, who you will get to meet there. Prices are cheap. I think $13 for a hookah.

Also, don't bother smoking in Vegas, there is too much other stuff to do and I've heard the lounges arent very good.

I haven't been as far north as Sacramento and San Franciso or as far south as Tijuana, but there are Lounges all over the Los Angeles area.  I'll Let locals chime in on the best ones.  I only went to the Tangiers when I was there.  I probably wouldn't smoke at a hookah lounge in Tijuana either.

I'm in the states for three weeks. Them prices seem pretty decent, what's the crowd like? Yeh I don't think I'll have time for hookah in Vegas tbh....lol...any places you'd recommend we go see? Im going to Yosemite national park, grand canyon, death valley, lake tahoe in case you mention them.

Haha....yeh I wouldn't smoke anything in Tijuana....

Theme parks wise, Universal Studios or Six Flags, which would you recommend? Or should I visit both if I have time?

Thanks!

I'm in the states for three weeks. Them prices seem pretty decent, what's the crowd like? Yeh I don't think I'll have time for hookah in Vegas tbh....lol...any places you'd recommend we go see? Im going to Yosemite national park, grand canyon, death valley, lake tahoe in case you mention them.

Haha....yeh I wouldn't smoke anything in Tijuana....

Theme parks wise, Universal Studios or Six Flags, which would you recommend? Or should I visit both if I have time?

Thanks!

Not much eye candy at Odyssey;  honestly other than employees there were 3 other people (dudes) at the lounge when we went on a saturday night. It's not a likely place to hook up, but you will have a great hookah experience.  Go other places to pick up chicks.

It's rare to find good hookah and hot chicks in the same place (other than my house)

Right, go to Cherry Bomb Hookah.

Other things to do:

The drive across the Mojave leaving Vegas will be awesome, do that during the day and preferably not hung over.

Stop at an in-n-out burger and at least get some fries animal style asap.  Not that they are that great but everyone you meet will bug you to do it until you do.  They are pretty good though.

Try to stop over in the Sequoia National forest to see the Giant Trees

When you're headed south from SF do some of the drive on the Pacific Coast Highway, nice scenery. I can personally recommend the part along Mugu State Park, but since you will be coming from SF, the area around Big Sir is supposed to be nice too.

I would go to six flags because I like rollercoasters.

San Diego has nice beaches.

I don't know. The odyssey lounge isn't that great. If you're not a regular and know the owners by name, its really damn awkward to be in there. Great place to buy Tangiers and Tangiers bowls (obviously). My experience there wasn't the... Friendliest. 

damn i had this big long post and BAM hit the power switch on the ground...ugg

but avoid sacramento unless you're into politics 

san fran is amazing go to the wharf and the art shows and all the food OMG 

vegas i would just hit up mustanh67n and he will show u a good time

LA, avoid east LA and fashion district. but lots of museums, beaches and food to eat. places to see.

Orange county is better because i mean come on its orange county. LOTS of beaches hot girls and hookah lounges ALL OVER (its just south of LA) IF you go to anaheim or huntington beach there is roughly 5-6 lounges per city.

San Diego lots of food hot girls beaches and Oddessy, like others said its not the place to meet women or go unless ur a regular or employee or enthusiast of Tangiers Tobacco and Bowls. 

But my lounge is in Redondo Beach, Cherry bomb hookah :) always a good place to relax and smoke. We get a good amount of hot girls.

If you're here in vegas there is an overflow of hookah lounges, the only two I'd suggest you go to is:

Sitara Hookah lounge Look them up online for info. Usually a loud spot with attractive gogo dancers, live dj's nightly and overall a very strong club scene. The hookahs are packed well and smoke decent enough (not like at home though)

the second is Hookah Masters lounge. also look them up online. This place is a much bigger lounge that has excellent service (better than sitara) and a great selection of hot tea's, as well as a wide variety of tobacco's. The bowls here were better than Sitara in my opinion. They also have a club scene on weekends, but during the weekdays it is a very mellow, chill environment.. Oh.. and the waitresses are in tight booty shorts and bikini tops ;)

Hookah masters overall is better IMO, but Sitara is closer to the freeway you will be taking.

Other than that.. Cherry bomb hookah in redondo beach and oddessy in san diego.