***Thehookah.com - HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!**

DO NOT BUY FROM TheHookah.com!!!
These guys have the worst customer service, EVER!!! Bar none!! There are a couple things that needed to get taken care of and none of them have yet to be taken care of. I bought from these guys because people on this forum swore by them but all my experiences have led to a [b]big disappointment[/b].
Frist off- Their Hookahs are of [b]horrible quality[/b]. When compared to my other hookahs, their Large Genie egyptian hookah is [b]crap[/b]. The shaft looks incredibly ghetto. Part of the stem was still showing the brass or bronze and the part that the stem screws onto was [b]STRIPPED[/b]. There was no ball bearing inside the valve either. The first time i used it all was well until i cleaned the hookah out. As i was taking off the Shaft from the base, making sure i was very careful as i am when dealing with hookahs especially those with glass bases, the [b]glass cracked and broke[/b]. The part where the grommet meets the glass got pulled off with the grommet. So now i have a useless $90 hookah and i cant get any customer service or a replacement. HORRIBLE!!!!
2nd thing- I ordered some shisha a little over a week ago and i still have yet to recieve it. I called them to make sure everything was in stock. I think i talked to Nate and he said everything was in stock. They are in southern CA and i am in Northern CA. It only takes 2 days for stuff to get to me. They also assured that it would go out on Monday and its now been over a week and i have yet to see my stuff. Yet again im let down by this company.
I usually do not like to come on public forums and put a company on blast but i felt this was my last resort and this might be the only way for these guys to actually call me, pick up the phone when i call, or return my messages.
I will RETRACT any statements i have made once this issue is resolved and taken care of, but as it stands, this company is on my sh*tLIST!!
[b]DO NOT BUY FROM TheHookah.com!!!![/b]
[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that stuff happening with you Hakooh. I'm sur George will get it straight. The one thing that kills me with them is their shipping. The first time I ordered from them, it took a week for them to get the stuff in the mail (or UPS more specifically) They fed me a line that they ship on the next Wednesday, or something. I ordered on Friday and they wouldn't release it to UPS until the next week. After that, I make all my orders with them on the phone. It has never been held up since. Give them a call and ask for George. He should take care of you. Good luck.
MR Bubble 

[quote name='Mathazar']If what you're looking for is quality hookahs and GREAT customer service,  then look no further than Hookah-Shisha.com [/quote]
Uhm, I'm going to have to give a big, hearty "No!" on that one, based on my experience with them.
I ordered my hookah with hoohah-shisha over the summer.  I placed my order with a pleasant gentleman over the phone, who told me the painted blue base that I wanted was out of stock at the moment, but I should be able to get it if I were willing to wait a week.  I did, and when the pipe arrived -- surprise!  A plain blue base.  As I agreed to wait, I think I should have gotten an email explaining the situation and checking if I prefered a different option.
Additionally, the extra things I had ordered (lemon-wood coals and plastic base protector) were not included.  IIRC, it took two or three emails to simply have this issue adressed, and then a few more to actually get the stuff shipped to me.  It was at least a month after I recieved the hookah that I finally got the coals and base holder.  No confirmation of shipping, no note saying "Sorry you had to wait," and nothing extra in the box as an apology.
Finally, as I recall, hookah-shisha had a rash of poor customer service according to a number of people here a month or two back (about the time the introduced the "electric coal"). Perhaps they've cleaned up their act since, but I'm certianly going to think thrice before ever placing my order with them again, even if it means I have to pay a little more to do business with another company.
FWIW, I believe that this is the first negative report I've seen on The Hookah.com.
E.G. 

[quote name='Mathazar']All I can tell you is that their Al-Amir........BLOWS!!!! If what you're looking for is quality hookahs and GREAT customer service,  then look no further than Hookah-Shisha.com [/quote]
That Hookah-Shisha's online chatting is great... At average they take 3 days to reply via mail, but the chat is so more convenient ! Permitted me to know before ordering that the 2+ hosed acrylics did not include an autoseal system  
About theHookah.com it's true they seem to have a big problem with shipping : i had ordered a good amount of massel, waited 2 months, then nothing. Hopefully George refunded me so no worry. Weird anyway, when Hookah-shisha with same USPS ships in ~ 10 days

Sorry you had a bad experience..
I just ordered from them with not problems...Some Shisha (2x250g's and 2x50g samplers), coals plus some other stuff.  My order was place through the website, not a phone it if that makes a difference.
I placed my Order on Thursday of last week, and my order was here yesterday morning on my doorstep. Plus I live on the east coast (New Jersey).  I would say that is pretty awesome shipping.
-Craig

[b]"Welcoming all reasonable customers!"[/b]
[b][/b] 
Heh... well put. I work in a business where excellent customer service is rarely noticed by our customers who have come to take it for granted. However, one little glitch will get them screaming incoherently to anyone who will listen.

Sigh.

As for the samples, good-bad-or-indifferent I appreciate your willingness to send them out. I will, however, appreciate them even more when they arrive.   Have you sent them all out? I am Keith Fink from your list, and haven't seen them yet.  Thanks again in advance.

To clear things up...
I was not told i would be sent a replacement base. It was not clear at all. If it were i would not have resorted to this. I was told i would recieve a call within the next 2 days and its been over a week with no call or email. No one picks up the phone when i call either.
I was told my phone call would be returned by wednesday of last week. It is now Thursday, and i still have not recieved a phone call to resolve this issue. Whoever i talked to on the phone, told me they would call me back and see what they could do. From the sound of the persons voice on the phone it sounded like he did not want to resolve the issue.
I still wanted my tobacco and coal sent to me in a timely manner because i do have 3 other hookahs from other companies. I am familiar with egyptian hookahs and know that there are imperfections in them. I know that already. But this was the first time a base has ever broken on me. I was very careful with handling the hookah and it still broke.
Honestly i would just like my money back for the Hookah. I will discuss this with you when i talk to you.

Oh and about the ball bearing, I did call you and email you and i recieved nothing. And the only reason why i did not complain about the valve being stripped was because i thought i'd give you guys the benefit of the doubt and try to fix it myself. But by the time i was able to do this it was past your 72 hour damage policy and i could do nothing about it.

All that I am saying is that things could have been taken care of if handled properly and in a timely manner.  You did not have to resort to this, which by the way I find to be very immature and inconsiderate.  Mistakes will happen as no one is perfect.  If we received a phone call from you about the ball bearing, one would have been sent out to you immediately.

Edited by TheHookah.com

I have had great experiences with both companies.  Dont base you ropinion on one order.  And remember unless you are picking it up at the store, stuff gets the absolute living sh*t beat out of it in the mail.  Its not all the company's fault.

Well I havent technically "ordered" from them, but I wa sone of the 11
picked to get a free mail in sample of the new al amir flavors. Its
been about 2 or 3 weeks ( think) sinc ethey said they were sent...I
still havent gotten anything from them in the mail yet. Ill email
george and ask him whats going on.

I'm convinced the mail people play soccer with packages on their breaks.
I work in a different retail field, and I've gotten calls. The best
anyone can do is package it up idiot proof! I've learned how to package
things so well that they would only break if an elephant sat on the
package and I haven't had another call since.

Regarding the issue at hand in this thread, I wouldn't have posted a
public complaint until ALL avenues have been completely
exhausted.  I was in a bind once with a company not delivering in
a timely manner, but I was politely persistent and they came through
with bonus goodies. A lot of companies are struggling with manpower
issues and money issues, so as a consumer don't be too harsh.

HOWEVER if a company doesn't have customer service, they are SH1T and have NOTHING.

1. Give the company a chance to respond and take care of things. They have a lot of work to do and will get back to you.
2. If no result, polite persistence will prevail.
3. RETAILERS: Keep on top of things! If you're going to resolve
something, give a date and stick to it because the customer will hold
you to it.

"Well that's all I have to say about that...."

frank its not just and online store he also runs a real store so there
is probly 4 or 5 employees, and yes the egyptian manufacturing is
substandard i purchased a similar hookah from hookah-shisha.com and the
cleaning brush broke the glass of the base

but hookah does say he emailed and called multiple times without response, now that be a problem

i must say im sorry to hear your problem i never had any problems with hooka.com i allways been treated nice from the guys specially george
i bought my egyptian hookah here in sweden at a little shop and i looked on nearly every one of them(ca 20 of them) and no one was perfect -but as george says they are all hand made and i dont think they have the best tools in egypt to make them perfect -no one looks the same thats the way it is -but im totally satisfied with how it works and thats the main thing to me
hope you have better luck in the future im shure you and george can work something out

For the record Hakooh has been refunded his money and this situation has been taken care of.  We are not in the business to rip people off nor are we unreasonable with our customers.  I agree with you that there was some comunication problems from the beginning or rather lack of communication which made this situation a little different.
I did say that technically we do not have to replace the glass however in this situation we were willing to do so, unfortunately patience was not on our side.  We always make sure that our customers have a positive buying experience from beginning to end and if that means that we have to bend some guidelines, we are willing to do so within reasonable measures.

Edited by TheHookah.com