Plymouth Breeze

xxmalachaixx

So my first and only car is a 1998 Plymouth Breeze, and not being a very car savvy person, i took my car smart dad with me when we went car shopping. He didn't know much about plymouths, but I'll tell you what, that thing has been serving my faithfully. I got it from a slightly shady dealer, so i expected some problems, as it was used. But the few easy fixes i did, and she runs great. Plus i get about 33 miles to the gallon, highway. So who hear can tell me if i just got lucky, or are plymouths actually a good brand of car? Cause i personally wouldn't mind getting another one when/if she dies on me haha.

Any Chrysler product is good, but that is just my opinion since I have worked for them since 2001. the Breeze is basically the same car as the Stratus, or the Sebring. The engines are all the same. Except for the coupes, They are Mitsubishi based. Great little cars. I am buying a 95 Neon Hi Line in the next couple weeks. Going to put a 2.4 in it with a 5 spd. Going to build the 2.4 to srt-4 specs, but without a turbo. using 10.25 to 1 compression  pistons. Premium fuel only lol.

edm

Edited by mustangii

• 4 weeks later...

EWW ED!! you're one of those neon fans. goodness, now the SRT4 was a pretty cool car the idea, but it was still a neon with a engine that would break.

EWW ED!! you're one of those neon fans. goodness, now the SRT4 was a pretty cool car the idea, but it was still a neon with a engine that would break.

My Neon went pretty close to 175,000 miles and was still running perfectly when I traded it in on my Mustang 11 years ago.

'Rani

man idk what it is with my friends that got neons, but they went to SHIT QUIT. the SRT4 was junk, constantly replacing parts and having to fix it, and also 2 other people with basic neons, the trans would go shit would just go constantly. and this was like 4 years ago onthe srt4 but like 8-9 on the regular neons. and they are a UGLY ass car.

I know a guy here in my hometown who ragged on me sooooo hard for my Focus when I got it. He drove a little red Neon SRT4. I just laughed and said, "Dude, you drive a fucking Neon!" His response? "It's not a Neon, it's an SRT4!" Same shit... Dodge made a smart move by replacing the Neon with the new Dart. I actually really like the Dart, but I'd never buy the first year model. Always wise to wait a couple of years at least for all the kinks to get worked out. Not to mention I like having a paid off car that I paid for all by myself while going through college. :)

The Dart is basically a Fiat in Dodge clothing, lol. as in Fix it again Tony. Well the 1.4 turbo engine is. The 2.0 and 2.4 is Mopar. The 2.0 has 2 cams, intake and exhaust. The 1.4 and 2.4 has Multiair. Here is a video to explain that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9Gz_h7Qpg

The 6-speed auto is Hyundai, The dual dry clutch 6 speed, and 6 speed manual are Fiat trannys. The design of the Body is Alfa Romeo.

Some info from Allpar.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/dart/index.html

And to answer the question about Neons, Yes I like them, I also Like PT Cruisers, I have an 05 PT GT Turbo. Same engine as the SRT4, just detuned a little, because of the Auto trans. Neon are fun to hop up and cheap. 2.4 with rt 5spd, maybe some forged pistons and maybe a little squirt of NO2. fun times.

edm

Also the New Jeep Cherokee is based on the same platform as the Dart, except it is all wheel drive with 9spd transaxle. will be avalible with all wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, and a 4 wheel drive with locking rear diff.

edm

• 3 months later...

and didn't have power windows, and only had cloth seats and was a Neon. I used to crush those things when I had my GT35R powered RSX Type S