My Main Rig

kayy_dubb

This is my main rig in KayyDubb's Korner lol. Powder coated black KM with of course my zebra caravan hose.

[attachment=6325:photo (1).JPG]

Nice Rig to start with! :-) when you leanr about Syrian Brass it'l be time for an upgrade but any KM / Egyptian pipe should smoke like a dream. Welcome to the forum enjoy your stay! 

I didn't notice the powder coating :-) It is nice very unique for a Egyptian looks kind of like a Regal! 

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

I didn't notice the powder coating :-) It is nice very unique for a Egyptian looks kind of like a Regal! 

KM Black Shareef probably 30 incher, KM has a line of new summer models out now that are white powder coat rather than the stealthy black. They are ok looking. I dig the black instead of white though.

• 1 month later...

Nice KM Brass is always the way to go! Looks almost like a Farida. I might get a Shika when i save up enough. 

Congrats on your new pipe! 

Nice! KM's are the solid egyptian pipes I had 1 back in the day as well Then for some reason i switched to Syrian Brass lol but my KM was a double pear it wasn't as sturdy and solid as the one's you have. The funny thing is my Nickel Syrian reminds me of a KM because the draw is so freaking open lol  That being said Its a lovely site when a lady knows her hookahs! great choice on your rigs! Around here people buy those stupid novelty Ed Hardy Pipes lol (yes the chinese made junk with an ed hardy "love kills" label) 

Well shit, I really thought that was a Farida! That is a rather NICE looking KM, wouldn't mind having that in my collection at all, if I was still in the market for Egys.

" Nice! KM's are the solid egyptian pipes I had 1 back in the day as well Then for some reason i switched to Syrian Brass lol but my KM was a double pear it wasn't as sturdy and solid as the one's you have. The funny thing is my Nickel Syrian reminds me of a KM because the draw is so freaking open lol That being said Its a lovely site when a lady knows her hookahs! great choice on your rigs! Around here people buy those stupid novelty Ed Hardy Pipes lol (yes the chinese made junk with an ed hardy "love kills" label) "

Thanks! I try and make sure I ask the pros before I buy my stuff since its a pretty penny to drop. All those cheap Chinese hookahs are TERRIBLE! Literally...you get what you pay for. I had a tiny Chinese hookah back in the day. Needless to say that didn't make it past my drunken/stumbling college years, not durable. I've never owned a Syrian hookah though, I'll keep that on my list of purchases for next time.

"Well shit, I really thought that was a Farida! That is a rather NICE looking KM, wouldn't mind having that in my collection at all, if I was still in the market for Egys."

I've been loyal to my KM's just cuz I already know what they're like and I'm use to then. But now since have a bit higher budget I want to start building my collection more.

I would search out into the realms of Syrians and Turkish pipes if I were you, a nice Mya is a good change of pace too, the smoking on all of them vary a lot, you would have a good mixture of types!

The thing that sucks about Syrians at the moment now is that All the best ones are gone / sold out. The ones left are the simple B line Nours that most people never wanted. Now they are selling out as well. If you want an amazing Syrian your best bet is to wait till the Civil War there ends and the US starts importing from there again but who knows how long that will take. The thing with syrians is they aren't the same. Some have a slightly restricted pull that enhances flavors and make them smoother while others have that deep Draw that a KM has depending on what model you purchase. If you want something that smokes like a KM then your best option is the Nour 6b. If you want something thats traditional to syrian pipes get anything Nawras or any other model nour that is slightly restricted in terms of Draw. As Far as Turkish pipes go, They are beautiful, heavy and solid but they dont have purge valves and you have to pack teh boal right and know proper heat management or else you will have a shitty session. I like to look at turk pipes as the Stick shift / manual transmission of hookahs. If you know what you're doing they will treat well. If not they will put a hurtin on your lungs! 

Thanks for your input guys I'm definitely going to keep that in mind when I look into getting one of those. I learn something new everyday. I'll ask around and see if maybe one of my buddies has a good connect on getting a quality Syrian. I know a few that have their own in a personal stash, maybe I can pawn one off of them to see if it's something I wanna invest in...