Ok Gamers, Next Gen Discussion(Yes Console, Please Keep The Pc/console Trash Talk Out)

ChicagoRSX

I think one of my favorite systems next to the snes is the dreamcast ... man it had a short life because of the damn ps2 but it had a slew of insanely good games was the first console to offer online play, released over 700 games in 2 years and had the VMU and graphics that were way ahead of it's time. I still have mine from 1999, since it is nearly impossible to find games these days for it I just burn them off the web ... I will have years upon years of gaming with the dreamcast alone ... fuck the new shit.

I never owned a Dreamcast, but I have been seeing an abundance of them coming up used at different stores lately. I've thought about picking one up for 1 game alone, Blue Stinger, I remember watching a buddy of mine play that game and it look fun. Honestly other then that, I can't even remember any other games for that system cause PS2 walked all over it. But I know I would like to pick up a SNES and a Genesis. 

I'm a proud PS4 owner. I was a hardcore X360 gamer for the longest time, and I assumed I would end up getting the Xbox One when they announced it. But when they started to finally reveal information about the consoles I was left feeling a little disappointed. PS4 kept mentioning games. I felt like the Xbox One hardly mentioned games during the E3s and all the other press releases. It kept mentioning voice support and more kinect and apps. If I wanted to run apps I've already got my Windows 8 Microsoft is shoving down everyone's throats. I bought the PS4 on day day one and am extremely happy. I have also since played the Xbone and found that I made the right choice.

I think one of my favorite systems next to the snes is the dreamcast ... man it had a short life because of the damn ps2 but it had a slew of insanely good games was the first console to offer online play, released over 700 games in 2 years and had the VMU and graphics that were way ahead of it's time. I still have mine from 1999, since it is nearly impossible to find games these days for it I just burn them off the web ... I will have years upon years of gaming with the dreamcast alone ... fuck the new shit.

Sega was always ahead of its time. I forget, but didn't a lawsuit take them down?  I mean, I don't think many will remember this but the SEGA GAMEGEAR was amazing. I think it still took Nintendo 10 years to come out with a gameboy system similar to it (still felt better in your hands though). And then the Sega Nomad (if you remember the gamegear, then I hope you remember this)....the nomad was insane. It was a handheld sega genesis that took the genesis cartridges. I mean...how much cooler can it get? If you owned a Genesis, you were golden with a Nomad. There were other systems after the Genesis that were also good, but Idk if they were popular much (Sega CD, Saturn), but I still think most of those were ahead of their time as well.

It's too bad that they couldn't/didn't continue at that pace. We might have something that beats Nintendo, Sony, and Microshaft.

• 4 months later...

So I ended up getting a PS4 (bundled with Destiny), since Destiny was the first PS4 game that I actually wanted to play that I couldn't get on PC. A few of my friends did the same and so far it's been pretty good.

The PS4 interface is basically the same as ps3, just improved, and that's great since it's a solid interface. They did away with cosmetic and stupid shit in the store, and streamlined it all up, also good.

Destiny isn't amazing, but it's fun. It's basically a poor man's Borderlands without all the humour or depth (in everything). I could complain about tons of things in it, but honestly I just like shooting stuff with my friends, so I have been enjoying it.

Sega was always ahead of its time. I forget, but didn't a lawsuit take them down?  I mean, I don't think many will remember this but the SEGA GAMEGEAR was amazing. I think it still took Nintendo 10 years to come out with a gameboy system similar to it (still felt better in your hands though). And then the Sega Nomad (if you remember the gamegear, then I hope you remember this)....the nomad was insane. It was a handheld sega genesis that took the genesis cartridges. I mean...how much cooler can it get? If you owned a Genesis, you were golden with a Nomad. There were other systems after the Genesis that were also good, but Idk if they were popular much (Sega CD, Saturn), but I still think most of those were ahead of their time as well.

It's too bad that they couldn't/didn't continue at that pace. We might have something that beats Nintendo, Sony, and Microshaft.

I still have my gamegear ... man did that handheld have amazing graphics for it's time.

So I ended up getting a PS4 (bundled with Destiny), since Destiny was the first PS4 game that I actually wanted to play that I couldn't get on PC. A few of my friends did the same and so far it's been pretty good.

The PS4 interface is basically the same as ps3, just improved, and that's great since it's a solid interface. They did away with cosmetic and stupid shit in the store, and streamlined it all up, also good.

Destiny isn't amazing, but it's fun. It's basically a poor man's Borderlands without all the humour or depth (in everything). I could complain about tons of things in it, but honestly I just like shooting stuff with my friends, so I have been enjoying it.

I agree, Destiny isn't ground breaking, but the size of the environments plus all the armor and weapons to explore, is truly staggering. I would highly advise you picking up the last of us remastered if you haven't bought the PS3 version, it's gorgeous. Also look at infamous second son.

I still have my gamegear ... man did that handheld have amazing graphics for it's time.

I loved my game gear, was outstanding.

I heard today on a podcast that there is some kind of hardware available that allows you to plug in your controller and a mouse and keyboard in, then it plugs into the PS4, and allows you to bind keys and mouse to all the controller functions, essentially hardware forcing the PS4 to take mouse and keyboard input. The reason I mention it is that apparently it works really well, sadly I can't remember what it's called for the life of me now.

If I remember I will post the name, cause for any PC lovers like myself that could be a gateway drug into console gaming by making consoles much more attractive (to me at least).

I agree, Destiny isn't ground breaking, but the size of the environments plus all the armor and weapons to explore, is truly staggering. I would highly advise you picking up the last of us remastered if you haven't bought the PS3 version, it's gorgeous. Also look at infamous second son.

I'm a level 21 right now (softcap 20, light level 1). I'm still enjoying playing with friends, and the newly released 6 man raid sounds like it's gonna be a blast. I read somewhere that they wanted the "real game" to start at level 20, and I feel that that is pretty true so far, but I also feel that it is an experience that just feels incredibly grindy. Doing patrol missions for bounties is pretty dull, even in a full strike team. The multiplayer is fun, mainly because it has so many modes and the rewards from multiplayer are pretty good compared to most strikes. All in all, I'll keep playing, even though it's not amazing...there just isn't much else out there to play right now. Feel free to add me on psn, aeonblack6

I heard today on a podcast that there is some kind of hardware available that allows you to plug in your controller and a mouse and keyboard in, then it plugs into the PS4, and allows you to bind keys and mouse to all the controller functions, essentially hardware forcing the PS4 to take mouse and keyboard input. The reason I mention it is that apparently it works really well, sadly I can't remember what it's called for the life of me now.

If I remember I will post the name, cause for any PC lovers like myself that could be a gateway drug into console gaming by making consoles much more attractive (to me at least).

Not sure about the PS4, but the 360 had something just like this for quite a while now.

I'd play them shooters with something like that, I can't for the life of me learn to FPS on a controller.

I can do both but I have more fun on the controller for some reason (for FPS). I can do so much more with k+m but there is just something special about using a controller in FPS games.

• 1 month later...

I believe the One just dropped the price to $350. MS is running a deal where you can trade in a 360 for $100 towards a One...thus making the One $250!

I'm quite impressed with the One. I use it mostly as a media device. Only got it for the Master Chief Collection but am happy with the media abilities (supports MKV file format and with my set up, I can now stream my shows from my computer to the One without having to transfer to an external and hook it up to my WDTV Live like I've been doing).

• 2 weeks later...
Destiny on XBox One. I'm looking for friends to play run strikes, raids and whatnot. I'm a 29 Hunter. Add me on xbl iCtrl Alt Dft

P.S: Hi guys. I've missed you all. I haven't been on the hookah scene in ages. School and work have me tied up for the moment. Hope all is well you all.

I finally picked up an xbox one, but I don't think i'm gonna play Destiny again. It's absolutely stupid in this day and age that i can't cloud save across consoles/to pc, but, whatever, that's just stopping me from playing their game.

aeonblack6 is my gamertag, feel free to add me guys, just put in a note of who you are on hf so I don't just think you're some random hah.

On a side note, Dragon Age: Inquisition is fantastic. It's easily going to be game of the year for me.