Ok Gamers, Next Gen Discussion(Yes Console, Please Keep The Pc/console Trash Talk Out)

ChicagoRSX

You get more "free games" with XBL than PSN, and PSN is only cheaper if you buy it by the year from the last price chart I saw. A few of the PS4 only games are wanting to add DRM, Diablo 3, FFXIV, and a few other RPGs come to mind, as they want to control the information server side, which make sense because it really makes it hard for hackers to do anything that way. The Kinect thing always on and recording is seriously just paranoid people being paranoid. Besides, do you have anything to hide? If it REALLY bothers you that much you can just unplug the machine when you're not using it lol and save a few cents in energy :P I'm getting my facts from the plethora of people posting on facebook and twitter, some from game developers themselves and some from articles that I've posted the like of in here. People will always find a way to bitch and the only reason I'm defending XBOX is because everyone seems to be whistle blowers without actually keeping up to date on the current information out there lol I personally won't buy either til after release to see what changes before then, what games are announced, and all that jazz. I'm not a fan of having to continue to pay for online play beyond my internet connection price. The "Free game" thing by PSN and XBL are both stupid to me, basically you're forcing me to pay money for a service that should be free and are making up for it by giving a few, probably horrible, games to choose from per month.

In fact I did read your links and you're still coming off as a Xbox fanboy, totally oblivious to where Sony has the one-up on Microsoft. I applaud Microsoft for making the necessary changes because now they will be a more level competitor, which is actually a good thing for the gaming industry, ya know. Imagine a world where there was just Sony or just Microsoft making consoles for gaming. That's a world I do not want to live in. That said, Xbox One is still a $100 more for inferior hardware and I keep seeing that you will have to pay for Xbox Live Gold just to watch freakin' Netflix. I play Netflix for free on my computer and PS3, so why the hell would I want to pay for it??

In fact I did read your links and you're still coming off as a Xbox fanboy, totally oblivious to where Sony has the one-up on Microsoft. I applaud Microsoft for making the necessary changes because now they will be a more level competitor, which is actually a good thing for the gaming industry, ya know. Imagine a world where there was just Sony or just Microsoft making consoles for gaming. That's a world I do not want to live in. That said, Xbox One is still a $100 more for inferior hardware and I keep seeing that you will have to pay for Xbox Live Gold just to watch freakin' Netflix. I play Netflix for free on my computer and PS3, so why the hell would I want to pay for it??

This. Plus 1 rep.

To me it seems like the xbox just has such ridiculous features for a gaming station, I dont see the value of owning one compared to a ps4 that has more exclusive, more cool games etc. I dunno, I dont really care though Imma stick with my PC

Again Chris you did not read apparently. Netflix on PSN will require PSN+ just like XBOX on XBOX will require XBL. Sounds like you're the Playstation fanboy here

Hey even though one of you guys are long time regulars here quit the pissing contest and have a normal discussion you two are crucifying each other for the same thing and its getting nowhere. If its really that important go out make a fucking Venn diagram comparing and contrasting what has what the end result will be the same no matter what there are similarities and differences pick the one you like and don't hate on people for choosing the other for Christ sake

Cole, chill. No one is having a "pissing contest." You overreacted way too much lol.

XBOX ONE

Region Free

Allows used games

No DRM

All three of those found here: http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-one-allows-used-games-no-internet-connection-required-and-region-free

FFXIV, on PS3 and PS4, DRM http://www.shacknews.com/article/79633/final-fantasy-xiv-also-coming-to-ps4-to-remain-console

Diablo 3, required connection on PS4/3 Blizzard being fought on this one as people want it to be offline just like Diablo was for the PS1.

Complete rundown of almost everything on both consoles here, basically in the end shows that they're all the same: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jun/18/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-at-a-glance

The major differences of course being exclusive titles to the consoles, and whether or not you like the Glass or PSVita option for "second screening"

Also, XBOX One offers more periphial bonuses in that it can connect with the TV Box, making things like TV shows and sporting events much more interactive and accessible.

XBOX ONE Exlusive games:

Halo 5

Titanfall

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

Ryse (probably the best looking game on either console in my opinion, but I'm biased towards Roman themed things lol)

Quantam Break

Killer Instinct

Sunset Overdrive

Below

Project Spark

D4

Kinect Sports

Untitled Black Tusk project

PS4 Exlusives:

The Order

Drive Club

Infamous

Killzone

Knack

FFXIV (PC also)

Diablo 3 (PC also)

Thats what I've found so far http://www.computerandvideogames.com/412904/features/xbox-one-vs-ps4-the-exclusive-games/

So again, what area does Sony really have the advantage in? Other than "winning E3," which really doesn't matter in the long run. Both systems are either equal or XBOX is better IMO. I'll probably never use Kinect as a gaming system, but the voice and motion activation are pretty awesome, the advantages XBOX gives by being hooked up to the cable/satellite box is amazing for someone who watches sports as much as I do, probably a bonus/free DVR of sorts (haven't heard much about what all it can do yet). The PSVita/Glass thing is lost on me, I don't want to have to use two/three/whatever extra things to play a game on. The online multiplayer setup for the XBOX has always been better implimented than the PSN, for instance in Call of Duty. PS controllers are gaudy and uncomfortable to use for a long period of time while the XBOX is more ergonomically engineered and much more practical for a multi-use gaming system (fighting, racing, FPS, RPG, ect).

So I ask, what exactly makes the PS4 better than the XBOX One? Just because you don't use a feature, such as the TV capabilities of the XBOX doesn't make it worthless. You cannot deny that the XBOX offers more to the consumer than the PS4 en total. Sure you might have a personal preference for one system's titles over anothers but thats subjective.

Cole- my pants ain't unzipped yet, so calm down. :P Seriously though, I am trying to keep this a calm debate. I trust others will as well.

Tyler- I'm finding information that says otherwise concerning Netflix on PSN, and quite honestly I will be disgusted if they do force you to have PSN+ to use it. I see charging for a service I can just as easily use on my phone or computer as a greedy move by a company, just as I thought Microsoft came off as with their presentation before the backpedal. I guess we'll see what's really what when the systems actually release since there seems to be conflicting sources of information out there, and also because Microsoft can't make up their mind on what their features will be... Until release, debating it is seemingly pointless, because we still have time for well, everything, to change.

I would like to see a link to where you saw that paying for PSN+ would be required to use Netflix, though. Everything I'm finding says it won't be required to pay for PSN+ to use media services such as Netflix.

Sony has advantage, in my opinion, in that they didn't make a huge flub in premiering their system. They presented the PS4 with more desirable features than Microsoft did with the Xbox One. Just look at every news article on the net and it's easy to see this.

And Kinect always being there is just plain creepy. I've always preferred PlayStation controllers, and the exclusives I have fallen in love with just happen to be on PS (Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, etc.). To each his own. As mentioned before, I am thankful there are choices, because otherwise we'd be left with one really lousy system.

As far as I know the + account on the PS4 is only gonna be requred for multiplayer games and I can get behind that cause server fees gotta be payed and that allows them to keep servers up easily. And the free games from the info I got from friends that got a PSN+ account are often pretty damned good, though generally lower priced indie games and the like

Seeing as I just got banned until 12/31/9999 for "cheating" when I haven't been on in over 4 months, looks like I won't be going with another MS product ever and probably going with PC and looking closely at PS.  MS can ban anyone at anytime for any reason or no reason at all.  I have 9 years on my account, an extra $300 or more put into Rock Band songs, arcade games, DLC, and games that I bought.  Now all of that is rendered useless...  I have even owned 3 360's and 5 Xbox1's since being a gamer and was a loyal customer.  That will no longer be the case.

Oh and for those that think "you must have done something"...I only play legit and am a hardcore gamer and very proud of my legit stats (without any sort of dashboarding).  I wouldn't screw that up by cheating.

Edited by DrSmokes

Damn! You serious, man??? That blows. Can't believe they did that to you. Luka- I'm fine with PS4 charging for online multiplayer. I understand servers cost money and in all honesty I hardly ever play online. I played Uncharted 2 and 3 online a little bit and that was about it. I'm more about playing the stories of games. So as long as PS4 charges for online multiplayer and not for media services such as Netflix, I'm cool with that. And hell, I may finally pay for a year of PSN+ just to try it out when I get my PS4, because I have more disposable income now than I used to in the past.

DrSmokes, if you've been inactive for 4 months you can call them and have them verify the IP pinged to your account. A lot of hackers in any game, XBOX Playstation and especially PC games specifically target hacked accounts because they figure the owner doesn't use them anymore and will never notice. The only thing I dislike about XBOX live, and I think PSN does the same thing too, is that anything purchased on account is bound to the account. Should be bound to the console IMO.

DrSmokes, if you've been inactive for 4 months you can call them and have them verify the IP pinged to your account. A lot of hackers in any game, XBOX Playstation and especially PC games specifically target hacked accounts because they figure the owner doesn't use them anymore and will never notice. The only thing I dislike about XBOX live, and I think PSN does the same thing too, is that anything purchased on account is bound to the account. Should be bound to the console IMO.

I called up support and they said they cannot unban that I have to contact the enforcement team....whom ONLY replies with copy and paste from their TOS.  It's a shitty system and they know people will deal with it.  I'll let my dollar speak for itself...I'm done with ms, they are a POS company that continues to buy up other companies bc they are too incompetent to build anything from scratch anymore or come up with new unique ideas.

You can't really blame Microsoft for that, many game companies do that. I know of friends who lost their PSN accounts for the same reason, countless of people who lost their WoW accounts and other MMO accounts.

You can't really blame Microsoft for that, many game companies do that. I know of friends who lost their PSN accounts for the same reason, countless of people who lost their WoW accounts and other MMO accounts.

My whole gripe is...I bought all this extra shit and now I can't use it...  If I bought it, I should be allowed to use it without restrictions and/or transfer it to a new account despite a ban or not.

Tyler why is it not their fault the companies workers ban you it's their fault they just shouldn't be the only one to take blame everyone should own up to it and find a solution until then it just proves companies are greedy. Tyler being the only one here who doesn't like Sony or Microsoft I'm going to say it your constant protection of everything everything Microsoft and constant distaste for Sony is making you come off as a fan boy.

Cole if you actually had read the posts instead of just piping in your opinion on this you would see where I stated my stance. And since I've already done it I'm not going to do it again...

DrSmoke I understand why you're mad, I would be too. It is just a shitty situation. Like you said, if you don't want to spend your money with them again that is your choice, but shouldn't you be more angry at the people who did that to you rather than the company? Think of it like this, if someone spends $1000 on iTunes then decides they like Pandora better, they still spent the money on iTunes and can't transfer it to Pandora instead. Only devices that work with iTunes will work with that file. If you bought XBOX Rock Band songs, you shouldn't expect it to work on playstations. If your iTunes account gets hacked or whatever, you can't make a new account and say "well I bought it on this other account!" It's just how companies work. There is no solution to that type of problem, it can happen to a PSN account just as easily as it happens to an XBOX account, or a WoW account, or a Rift account, or a [insert any other account bound game] account. If you never want it to happen, you can avoid this type of service all together. I'm not saying I've done it, but you said you read and agreed to the Terms of Service when you signed up. I'm fairly certain they can't ban you "just because" either, but who knows, maybe its in there somewhere. I honestly don't know anyone who reads all the ToS agreements when they sign up for something lol. I know someone who was bitten by a pitbull, does that make all pitbulls evil and bad? No.

So... I'd still like to see where Sony said you'll have to pay for PSN+ to be able to use media services like Netflix. :) Anyway, I don't blame you, Smokes. I'd be extremely pissed and would never touch another Microsoft product again. Shame on Microsoft for how they're treating your situation.

I found conflicting sources but this site I trust so it appears you won't need PSN+ for Netflix or internet. Good call on Sony's behalf.

http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-plus-required-for-ps4-multiplayer-games

Hm. Looks like folks with certain agendas are trying to spread mistruths to make the other system look better (or on more equal footing I should say). :) Definitely a good call on Sony's part (as I expected them to do, based off of everything they have made free on PS3), and also sad that Microsoft will most likely force their policy of only subscribers being able to use a media service that should be free to access on the console (considering it's free to access on any phone, tablet, smart TV, or computer that is connected to an Internet or wireless data (i.e. 4G) connection). It's a wonder why Netflix even wants itself to be affiliated with Microsoft... I can honestly say that after everything we've seen so far I feel bad for anyone who purchases an Xbox One.

So... I'd still like to see where Sony said you'll have to pay for PSN+ to be able to use media services like Netflix. :)

You won't, Yoshida specifically answered this on twitter saying you don't need + to use Netflix.

Well, as we've seen so far nothing is set in stone on either console. Sony does have some good policies but not the quality or "extras" that I'm looking for in a next-gen system. The PS4 comes across as more of a PS3.5 and it seems they're using it to try and push their flopped Vita handheld with the second screen where as XBOX is producing a whole new thing Glass to be fully compatible with the XBOX One. I honestly hope the "war" continues for the next few months, make both companies step up their games. Think of how much the PS3 was when it was released and they didn't even use it to the full capacity yet! Money wasted on technology unused I think. Things will get interesting around Thanksgiving time I think :)

And as long as Sony has a company like Naughty Dog putting out mind blowing titles like the Uncharted series and now , the Last of Us, my money will go to Sony. Personally out of my buddies, only 1 has reversed his decision and is not getting a Xbone.  The rest aren't willing to pay the extra cash and still hate the always on kinect.

And now this picture is circulating that the PS4 may beat Xbox to the market.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/has-playstation-4s-release-date-been-accidentally-revealed

I trust IGN.