Got My Kaloud Lotus, Today!

So a great friend of mine from the UK sent me a Kaloud Lotus to see if I would like it more than he did.  From what I can tell so far after 1 session is that I LOVE it.  The lazy coal pusher in me is now free!  As I use it more I will do  a video review of it on all kinds of bowls from unglazed egyptians to my new crown kaloud lotus prototype bowl.

What do you like/dislike about your Kaloud?

HA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kaloud lotus is just a lazy invention... It is good though. I got 1 for cheap because i had points on H-S it cost me like 30$ lol which was expensive enough. It enables you to necro bowls and smoke forever i had an almost 8 hr cane mint session. well 3 hrs the 1st night 5 hrs the following day after necro-ing the harmony bowl... it saves the hassle of foil and is easy to clean unless you overpack your bowl (then its a bitch) All in all the lotus serves the purpose of a lazy smoke and enables to save charcoal and keep the bowl smooth and makes heat management a breeze. However i personally don't think it's worth the 50$ plus shipping price tag. Also its great if you smoke indoors and don't have a wind-cover or smoke on a boat, in a car or anything that moves. 

Interesting. I've been smoking shisha for about 10 years. I'm not a hookah snob or elitist but I've seen a lot of gimmicky stuff come out over the last 5 or so. The invention of the phunnel has to be the best thing to come along since the flexible hose. For the cost of a fully functioning non branded hookah though, I'm going to HAVE to wait until I find out more about it. I've seen a few videos on how great it is but I have yet to see anyone explain HOW it works. It seems to me, from what I understand about it, I could get a mod bowl with windcover and screen and foil the bowl, but like I said, I don't really know much about how it's different from every other gimmick on the market. Perhaps some close ups of its parts so I can really see where the magic lies, 50 bucks is pretty hefty for a bachelor paying child support. Especially if I buy one and it doesn't really make a difference.

• 2 months later...

holy fuck i love mine. If you like smoking more then you like "being good at heat management" then its for you. 

Don't get me wrong, i have been smoking over 6 years now and am perfectly capable of heat management. But i love playing video games and or being with company while smoking hookah. Never having to worry about heat is bliss.   

I finally got 1 couple months ago for 30$ It was expensive but it gets the job done if your lazy. It also has downsides you need 3-4 coconut coals to use it and i found it makes you go through coals faster. I like the fact that no ashes drop into the bowl and you get a cleaner session but it has drawbacks. Overall Im happy i got a deal for it but if i paid 50$ plus shipping i'd be disappointed. Now the positive is it somehow does make the shisha last a little longer. Overall its a pretty decent lazy invention. I'm quite shocked the chinese didnt copy it yet and start selling fake lotuses on ebay for 10-15$ yet... lol 

to me its well worth the price, not because i save foil, not because i save coal, not even because i save shisha. To me its worth the price because it extends my smoking time and shortens my time fiddling with the hookah. But then again I am the guy that goes to hookah bars to have all that done for me as is, so if i am willing to pay 20 dollars for one bowl of hookah, paying 50 for the next 100 to come to me was close to nothing. I guess to each his own? 

@SYBAIN it takes you 4 coals? With two coconaras and a 5 min wait time i have AF and nakhal going for 4 hours+. I even had starbuzz (i know but it was free) session go for 2.5 hours with strong flavor and thats STARBUZZ.

I'm still waiting on mine in the mail, but from what I've read, I've come to this thought.  (Im a car guy)

Kaloud Lotus = a new, hassle free, automatic gearbox. 

Traditional method = the standard, manual transmission. 

I'll get to test it out by the end of the week. Pretty excited. 

Just got mine in today. Came far sooner than expected from Amazon!

I was pumped to try it out, and honestly, I am very impressed with it. I think you can attain similar performance by doing it manually with foil and all, but it is just so hassle free. Flavor/smoke lasted the entire movie of Goodwill Hunting, about 2 hrs, and I never really had to mess with any coals or re-light. Used 2 CNN's with Nak Shisha on the Beach and had one of the best sessions I have had with this tobacco in a LONG time. However, after 2 hours of use the tobacco was burnt to a crisp, so I probably have more work to do on how to use it 100%. The time it takes to "heat-up" is unnoticeable to me, as you just do other things in the 5 minutes it takes, but my main gripe is clean up. The thing is HOT when you are finished, but it is solved by dunking it in water and scrubbing any sticking tobacco. 

What I have observed from reviews is almost no one who owns it dislikes it, and any negative feedback it gets is normally from those who refuse to pick it up or try it out. Maybe Elitists, or individuals who believe that they have perfected the art? Who knows. 

All in all, I think it is a great device that helps free up my time and enjoy what I am doing outside of operating the hookah. Very happy with my purchase. That being said, I will still use foil from time to time for certain types of tobacco, but this is just sooo much easier. 

Can someone with one of these please tell me the dimensions, well the diameter of it. I'm curious to how it will fit on some of my bowls.

I have had a look around online but not been able to find the info.

Thanks.

Can someone with one of these please tell me the dimensions, well the diameter of it. I'm curious to how it will fit on some of my bowls.

I have had a look around online but not been able to find the info.

Thanks.

www.Kaloud.com

im sure they have it on their website. 

Well I tried mine for the first time yesterday.

Two CCN and AF Lemont Mint in a Vortex, with my KM Tri-Metal, KM Rainbow Hose.

The session lasted 1:45 min.

Never got harsh, never touched the coals, left the cover closed the whole time.

Never gonna use foils or screens again.

I'm SOLD.

I was hunting for a measuring tape last night. lol

Im in the process of moving so everything is scattered. Wish I could help out more and measure it. 

Here's the official answer from the kaloud team... "The minimum is 2 inches, the ideal is 3, but you can put it on larger bowls, though that would be a waste of shisha. " Would still be kool if someone could measure it. Hope it helps someone else too.