Antique Turkish Nargile, 170 Years Old! Solid Silver

Here are a few pics of my antique nargile.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  This pipe has quite an amazing history!

So here is the jewel of my collection.  There has never been another nargile that has interested me so much.  I hope you can understand the unique history of nargile by seeing these images.  Please let me know what you think!  

Oh, it was expensive.  The cost of three Meduse pipes I estimate.  

HA

• Upvote 1

That is an awesome pipe! I love how intricate everything is on it, amazing craftsmanship. Is that your collection?

Edited by KnightHawk63

That is an awesome pipe! I love how intricate everything is on it, amazing craftsmanship. Is that your collection?

I took these pictures the day I picked it up (and a lot more) from the antiquities dealer.  It was a major hassle to buy this piece because I required a certificate from the Turkish government authenticating it.  

It is part of my family now!

Oh, if you haven't noticed...  Those are poppy's all over the nargile.  The history of this pipe has a LOT to do with the poppies all over it...  I don't want to talk too much about it here because I am not sure where a history lesson might turn into banishment.  Mushy, let me know if you want a historical explanation of any part of the pipe.  

man i still would love to add that to my collection its so amazing and unique and yes more history is awesome, but we know what poppies are a derivative for :)

For what it's worth they don't look like poppies to me

My thoughts. The flowers look like sunflowers, the long stems look like wheat stalks.

looks like something old people would plant flowers in! lol still nice to look at but doesnt really feel like a hookah lol 

• 2 months later...