The Pride Of My Very Small Collection :-)

ok then forget that lol i saw people rave about lebanese pipes but if its a lightweight piece of crap then forget it lol guess idk anything about lebanese pipes. I just thought all of them were "rare" either way i cant afford another pipe for a while. 

In my experience Lebanese pipes are usually hollow and light weight, but they are tall, look classic/simple, and bad ass in my opinion. Just never really found one for a good price that I really liked. I like a couple of Hassouni's pipes and almost bought one from a guy on the forums EDM, but he ended up not selling.

BTW nice pipe sharp, I am not a Syrian guy personally, but that setup looks very nice. Enjoy it man.

In my experience Lebanese pipes are usually hollow and light weight, but they are tall, look classic/simple, and bad ass in my opinion. Just never really found one for a good price that I really liked. I like a couple of Hassouni's pipes and almost bought one from a guy on the forums EDM, but he ended up not selling.

BTW nice pipe sharp, I am not a Syrian guy personally, but that setup looks very nice. Enjoy it man.

If you smoke from this pipe you would become 1. This syrian has the perfect draw It has fairly large ports for a syrian so the draw isnt as restricted as the 1 i got from you last year. This pipe has a very small amount of restriction. (perfect smoke) Maybe a little open for a Syrian but i love it. Also if you're not a Syrian guy you should sell me your nickel Nawras or maybe trade for it Both Pipes are Nawras! lol  I just always wanted a staff. This pipe is awesome though.

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

Not looking to trade my staff. It isn't just the restriction, I don't really care for their "daintiness" for lack of a better word. I prefer the engravings on a Turkish pipe more than on a Syrian. I also don't care for their short downstems, they look awful on 12 inch bohemians and Turkish crystal jars which are both my favorite types of jars. And I prefer bigger jars over smaller jars.

I always thought that Turkish pipes were the daintier ones. As far as jars go i prefer the smaller to medium sized my favorite are the genie bohos. I was never a fan of those common bottle shaped bohos since they go with every hookah pretty much. Also a syrian would fit a big 12" boho fine it would just need more water. what i like about them is they can fit any jar. I see it as more flexibility. I was even able to get a mya boho for mine what sucks is this mya jar is smaller than i thought it would be. It's only 9.5" but the Syrian still fits it and i just have to use a little less water to get it to smoke perfectly. so no biggie there. 

I always thought that Turkish pipes were the daintier ones. As far as jars go i prefer the smaller to medium sized my favorite are the genie bohos. I was never a fan of those common bottle shaped bohos since they go with every hookah pretty much. Also a syrian would fit a big 12" boho fine it would just need more water. what i like about them is they can fit any jar. I see it as more flexibility. I was even able to get a mya boho for mine what sucks is this mya jar is smaller than i thought it would be. It's only 9.5" but the Syrian still fits it and i just have to use a little less water to get it to smoke perfectly. so no biggie there. 

No offense, but I totally disagree with you and agree with John. Most Syrians are pretty "dainty" in comparison to heavy, all-brass Turkish hookahs. Hell, even my two Al Nawras hookahs are extremely light in comparison to the Tokel Canary Turkish I owned, and the Khalil Mamoons that I have owned. But the two Syrians (both Al Nawras models) I own are better built in comparison to others, such as the ones labeled Nours, IMO. Take an Al Nawras Spear model and a Nour Spear model and compare them. That's all the evidence you need. Then take both of those Syrian pipes and compare them to a heavy brass Turkish hookah of comparable size. Again, it speaks for itself.

So, I would like to hear an explanation as to why you feel the Turkish pipes are "daintier" than Syrians. Because without further explanation, your bolded statement holds no merit.

No offense, but I totally disagree with you and agree with John. Most Syrians are pretty "dainty" in comparison to heavy, all-brass Turkish hookahs. Hell, even my two Al Nawras hookahs are extremely light in comparison to the Tokel Canary Turkish I owned, and the Khalil Mamoons that I have owned. But the two Syrians (both Al Nawras models) I own are better built in comparison to others, such as the ones labeled Nours, IMO. Take an Al Nawras Spear model and a Nour Spear model and compare them. That's all the evidence you need. Then take both of those Syrian pipes and compare them to a heavy brass Turkish hookah of comparable size. Again, it speaks for itself.

So, I would like to hear an explanation as to why you feel the Turkish pipes are "daintier" than Syrians. Because without further explanation, your bolded statement holds no merit.

Well yes the Turk pipe i had which was a gazi was heavier than most of my previous syrians except for the 2 toned nawras (which was a much bigger pipe) the reason i thought the turk was dainty is because it wasn't built as well or as cleanly as any of my nawras. Aiso it had what looked like a hoseport soldered to the bottom of the downstem.  It was built very halfassedly, although dainty may not be the right word to describe it. The syrians i owned were far superior in build and craftsmanship. Even the old Nour spear i had was superior to that little turk (every nour i had / even seen is probably superior to most older el nefes models) . Although it isn't a fair comparison I would need to buy a better quality turk to compare to my syrians. Dainty or not i still think Syrian pipes are superior to turks overall. What is a good word for el nefes pipes? i need something that's a synonym for half assed. Also i never heard anyone use the word "dainty" outside this forum.

Dainty is a very common word. I suggest looking up its definition and then you may understand why it would be reasonable to say Syrians are daintier than Turks. Unfortunately you're basing your opinions off of what is known as a lesser quality Turkish pipe. Now, why is it you think Syrians are superior to Turks? I believe you're just stating your personal preference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you are right i should eventually try out a Tokel or elmas or something of good quality. I knew all along that nefes were at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Turkish pipes. I will probably end up with a tokel or something else because elmas lack a purge valve and that is what ultimately puts me off getting an elmas. 

I strongly suggest you get one without a purge valve. I suspect majority of the ones with purge valves are of lesser quality.

I was skeptical at first about no purge. But buying an Elmas was the best thing I have ever done hookah related. No purge forces you to pack better bowls, really learn heat managing. Even with a few years of Tangiers experience under my belt, I found room for improvement. Plus less moving parts means a more solid pipe overall :)

I strongly suggest you get one without a purge valve. I suspect majority of the ones with purge valves are of lesser quality.

I was skeptical at first about no purge. But buying an Elmas was the best thing I have ever done hookah related. No purge forces you to pack better bowls, really learn heat managing. Even with a few years of Tangiers experience under my belt, I found room for improvement. Plus less moving parts means a more solid pipe overall  :)

Hmm maybe once i get my career back on track and afford another car My next purchase will be an Elmas It will take a while though! 

I was going to say the same Chris.

Sharp, you are comparing a Nawras (prob the besty Syrian pipe maker we will ever see) to an El Nefes, that is  a laughable comparison.

El Nefes isn't even Turkish as far as I'm concerned.

Yea i always thought it was funny thet the owner of el nefes was based in brazil and how they'd be shipped form brazil after being manufactured in turkey. But they did pull a contract w bj glassworks i heard so their new line of pipes will come on bohos. Still, i owned 1 and was badly disappointed so i will try my next Turkish pipe w another brand when i can afford it. I just have other priorities before my next hookah at the moment. 

I was going to say the same Chris.

Sharp, you are comparing a Nawras (prob the besty Syrian pipe maker we will ever see) to an El Nefes, that is  a laughable comparison.

El Nefes isn't even Turkish as far as I'm concerned.

Yea i always thought it was funny thet the owner of el nefes was based in brazil and how they'd be shipped form brazil after being manufactured in turkey. But they did pull a contract w bj glassworks i heard so their new line of pipes will come on bohos. Still, i owned 1 and was badly disappointed so i will try my next Turkish pipe w another brand when i can afford it. I just have other priorities before my next hookah at the moment. 

He's in Hungary, which is rather close to Turkey. 

I think they're made in Turkey, as they appear identical to what Bora is selling now. The fact remains though that I haven't seen a singe nargile joint using anything remotely like them. The Elmas 618, 622, 624, 628, and 639 styles (whether made by Elmas or anyone else) are what EVERY place uses.