Calling Tangiers

Tangiers, I always thought honey was the most chemically complex flavor? Cause there isn't synthic honey made is there. Or at least that is what is said in my mead making book. Because there are so many different flavors and aromas in honey. That it is impossable to replacate.The book is: The Compleat Meadmaker by Ken Schramm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry here is the addy about the book.[url="http://www.amazon.com/Compleat-Meadmaker-Production-Award-winning-Variations/dp/0937381802/sr=8-1/qid=1158675273/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5252605-8945510?ie=UTF8&s=books"]http://www.amazon.com/Compleat-Meadmaker-P...ie=UTF8&s=books[/url]

I'll look it up, but a couple of flavoring guys told me as much about coffee flavors. The problem is that there are numerous constituent flavors that consist of (literally) a few million atoms and disappear really quickly. Thats why coffee is best when ground fresh.

[quote name='Whiteshadow']keep it old school hookah style and make an opium influenced flavor, and then pump it full of opium. it'll be a hit, trust me[/quote] in the same vein..you know what the number 1 question I hear in my lounge night after night? "Where's the chronic flavor?"Sad but true.

[quote name='Lazy Dayz'] [quote name='Whiteshadow'] keep it old school hookah style and make an opium influenced flavor, and then pump it full of opium. it'll be a hit, trust me[/quote] in the same vein..you know what the number 1 question I hear in my lounge night after night? "Where's the chronic flavor?"Sad but true.[/quote] I believe it was Plato who coined this eons-old addage: If you want chronic flavor you smoke da chronic.

[quote name='wufabufa']apple pie/pumpkin pie, toasted marshmallow, pretty much any type of baked confection flavor. cake, muffins, pancakes, waffles and what not. i agree with the pie spices suggestion.  any one remember that soda pop called Josta? it was like a strawberry banana cola flavor. PLEASE tangiers, look into that one.  how about a ginger flavor?! i think that would be really good.  BBQ would be really good. you could smoke that during a cook out or picniic.  would dried fruit flavors work? raisins, dried apples, bananas, pineapple?  i wonder what durian flavored shisha would be like....probably really gross.[/quote] Durian... The one thing i don't miss about living in asia. I agree, Durian would be the outright nastiest shisha flavour ever created.

[quote name='Tangiers']I was actually working on a hemp flavor...I got part of it right, I gave up somewhere...I don't know.[/quote] This is another flavor I really gets finished, not only because I like the taste (when I actually did that sort of thing), but for the pure novelty of it. Sometimes I light some of that Cannabis Scented Incense, because I like the smell so much. What were you going to call it Tangiers? Canned Bus?

Just for those of you who were asking for a beer flavor, a friend and I were messing around the other day and blowing smoke into a half empty beer bottle. It looked pretty cool, I smoked it out of the bottle and it tasted like beer. Carlsberg, to be exact.