Mya QT - Always Harsh?

im using natural wood charcoal,packing the head lower, using a sort of DIY windcoverSmoked like a champ AF rose/mint for a good 45 mins of thick smoke :)

[quote name='DrunkenWizard']I use screens with mya QT.  I leave a little space between the screen and the shisha.  I only use about a 1 1/2" natural coal and a wind cover.  If it starts to get harsh at all I just take off the wind cover.  Sorry no pics, I'm smoking some Tangiers with a funnel bowl right now.[/quote] Drunkenwizard I need your knowledge! The funnel bowl how do you compare that to a regular bowl? What are the pros and cons? let me know thanks

Hahaha, I like your comment up there 'The Dude Abides'The Dude pwns. And by the way, I just got my QT a few days ago and already conviced the 30 people (I'm in college, lots of contact with others) that its the best smoking / best tasting hookah they've ever smoked. I use normal Aluminum foil, poke 13 holes in the foil using a toothpick in the pattern of a triangle. I use Some 'Hookah Hookah' brand tobacco from my local dealer, which I never hear about. I can't wait to pack up some higher quality stuff this week. And I pack my bowl very lightly leaving about a centimeter of space between my shisha and my coal. Golden coals are used... and yes I get some burnt taste once in a while, still learning, but I would recomment breaking the coals in half and placing them across from each other to get a little less heat. The bowl that came with my QT does tend to burn quickly if too much heat is applied too quickly.