Mya QT - Always Harsh?

Hey guys,I think ive done at least four maybe 5 bowls on my new QT.No matter what i do, i cant stop it being harsh. I dont know if its the AF shisha or what, but plainly at present im dissapointed...The AF Melon SUCKED, has no real melony flavour, just sweet and burnt..I've tried jap coals, self lighters, 1 layer of foil big holes, 1 layer fine holes, 2 layers fine holes. No luck. Whole coal, coal split in half. AF melon, AF rose, AF grape, Nakhla Melon (though dry). Nothing works?When i smoke from my 16" hookah from israel, the smoke is rich smooth and flavourful. Cant get this from the qt. What am i doing wrong? I've tried packing the bowl full to the rim, under the rim. Neither helpsPlenty of water, little water. NOTHING helps.Im getting the shits HARD.Benny

Benny,Clean that bad boy!then try a thicker Foil - I use Turkey Foil. considerbly thicker than normal.Do you leave the coal to finish lighting then place it? If you put it on straight away it tends to char the tobacco before gently cooking it!As to the Sh1ts :- Immodium is your friend!JD

i rinsed it yesterday in a vinegar / water solution.Im using "heavy duty foil"I know how to smoke hookah, my ones from israel work like a treat every time i use them. Just when i set up my qt the same as i would the 16" ones, it dont work?

can someone then shoot pics of how you pack your mya bowls?Im gonna pack one of my other bowls later, and put it on the qt then see whats the story.I can not figure it out, and its shitting me to tears....AF Mint wast good, smoked it from the lil 16" one.

I use screens with my Mya QT. I leave a little space between the screen and the shisha. I only use about a 1 1/2" natural coal and a wind cover. If it starts to get harsh at all I just take off the wind cover. Sorry no pics, I'm smoking some Tangiers with a funnel bowl right now.

Well your first problem bro is that your changing so many variables (shisha flavour, shisha brand, hookah, type of coals) its going to be hard for you to pin point what the problem is. Have you tried your favourite shisha on the QT to be able to establish without a doubt that it is the hookah.Same thing happened with me a while ago. The first time I tried AF double apple was the first time I tried natural coals. Really bad session and I didn't know what the problem was.PS it was double apple ................yuk

Could be so many things espeically since you say you tried so many things. Its either something is wrong with the QT, which you can more than likely get fixed by MyaSaray very quickly :D or its your heat management. Could be your not working the coals right.As for a video ill make on tommorw. Im not gonna use foil cause, well, i dont like foil that much, need to work the coals too much to keep it from burning at all :D

Problem is i dont really have a shisha i can use properly to test it. Im SICK of my nakhla 2 apples. My other nakhlas are dry, and al fakhers i cant seem to really get right in any sense...

Why don't you pack the bowl from your other hookah, and then smoke that on the QT pipe. My guess is that you just need to get used to packing the MYA bowl differently than the bowl for your other hookah. With the mya bowl that came with my QT, I found that you need the level of the shisha to be a good bit below the rim of the bowl, packed decently tight, and filled and pressed fully to the sides of the bowl. I use a single layer of thin foil with a decent amount of large holes.. Works great with either Golden Quicklights, or Nour fingers

I'm guessing too much heat. I use those Mya bowls almost exclusively, and I find that I can get a bowl going well with just one 40mm Three Kings QL. I think it might be the smaller diameter of the bowls, but I am not sure. Maybe back the heat off a little and see what happens. When I had a QT (my friend is "borrowing" it), I never had a problem.

[quote name='The Dude Abides']Yes, it's not the pipe.  It's you.  And your inability to cook the shisha properly.    If it tastes burnt, it's probably because you [b]burnt[/b] it.[/quote] Dude dont talk to me as if im a f*cking moron alright. I been smoking hookah for 3+ years with no problems.I posted this out of desperation coz i cant quite figure out wat im doin wrong aight?Its pretty obvious its burning, aight harsh smoke is coz it burned. and the shisha aint spontaniously combusting so yes its my fault.Thankyou for pointing out the bleedingly obvious and offering no assistance into finding a solution.

Abide and Benny, calm your hormones, and relax. Both of you.Benny: I agree with the others, too many variables. The idea of packing your usual bowl for use on the QT is a pretty good one, as that eliminates one more variable. Use a shisha taht you have packed pleanty of times before and avoid other variables. Youll be fine.

I have never had 'too much heat' as a problem before. That said, it appears to be the culprit of my woes. That said i will try half of a 35mm quicklight star coal see how it goes. can always add the other half if necessary.

When I use my QT i normally use 2 halves of a 33mm golden. Add a third once the first two start dying. A good basis is try to have roughly 3/4 to 1 full coal on at any given time. This works well for me, hope it helps you.

may also need to mention that its tended to be windy when it didnt work. the only time i got a real good smoke was far less windy.

Try thinner foil. I was forced to use heavy duty foil for a few days, and I didn't get good smoke from any of the sessions I had. When I finally got my hands on the thinner foil, boom, smoke volume and no harshness from packing on too much heat to compensate for the poor conduction of aluminum

Benny, i recentally did i video on how to pack a bowl. That may help if u need it. Since you have been smoking for awhile im sure you know how to already. I used to use mya bowls exclusively, but i saw i was waisting too much shisha that wasnt cooked at the bottom. I would reccomend using a cheep glazed clay egyptian bowl. I get 45min to an hour with it. Hope this helps.

Used the technique of packing it down with alwaha and it worked a treat with the mya head.Also used my head from other nargila im familiar with, and the mya wasnt harsh :)

Wind/breeze blows on the coals, making them burn more irregularly and much hotter. Thats why blacksmiths kept bellows around, to blow air into their fire to heat them up more. Use wind screen.Additionally, your new bowl might have different thermal properties...switch back to the old bowl and see if it makes a difference.