Any Computer People On Here?

Tyler

Trying to figure out how to update my BIOS for my CPU/MOBO but the manufacturer's website sends me to some lame third party program and costs $40. There has to be a way to do this for free? I mean, really...just seems dumb to me that I can update EVERYTHING about my computer's software for free except my CPU/MOBO.

Also when I run dxdiag, it tells me that my processor is "AMD Processor model unknown (4 CPUs) ~2.8 GHz    should this bother me or is it not a big deal? My BIOS right now is a Phoenix AwardBIOS 6.00PG.

I recently changed my CPU to the quad-score 2.8, could the Phoenix BIOS be for my old CPU and not for my current one? Would my computer even work if I had the wrong BIOS loaded?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01612549

These are the specs of the exact stock computer I bought. Since then I have added:

8 GB Ram

GeForce 9800 GT GPU

Aforementioned CPU chipset

500W power supply

If it's the same as you posted, use this

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-82094-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=3856269&sw_lang=

Runs the exe from windows and loads it in the RAM to flash the BIOS. Just run it and take care of it.

I haven't done a manual BIOS update since floppy's were standard on machines, I can pull out my notes if you want to go that route.

Throw the computer out the window and go buy a new one.

Isn't that the American way now? :lol:

Only when it gets older than 5, then they make great boat anchors.

I would but I cant afford my hookah habit and a new computer at the moment lol so I'll go with trying to update the one I currently have for now :P

DONT JUDGE ME! YOU DONT KNOW ME! IM A STRONG INDEPENDANT BLACK WOMAN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN!