Fake Coconaras - From Shishafreak.com

I sent an email to info@shishafreak.com and it sent me the email back and said delivery failed due to being rejected as spam....

I will try to email from another email then.

Is this your correct email?

You guys should really be doing this through our private message system or email. Also, just some advice, when something goes wrong, try to let the offending party solve the issue before you start accusations and look like an ass.

• Upvote 1

I guess I am confused how the return is necessary for resolving the fraudulent transaction? I'm surprised to see everyone jumping on the OP - I can see the OP's frustration as Shishafreak has admitted to the mistake but is still asking for a return to cover it.

• Upvote 1

I guess I am confused how the return is necessary for resolving the fraudulent transaction? I'm surprised to see everyone jumping on the OP - I can see the OP's frustration as Shishafreak has admitted to the mistake but is still asking for a return to cover it.

This.

Especially if him shipping them back falls into a matter of commiting a crime.

This.

OP is trying to interpret law on his own.  He is trying to receive a refund without shipping back the product by applying the logic of an employee of a government agency. 

Yes, ShishaFreak would be potentially liable for the loss but that's only when an actual judgement by someone of power has passed it. 

If the OP wants his money back and not return the coals due to his own interpretation of the law (again, based on the logic an employee and not someone of power), then he needs to wait for that judgement to pass.  If he wants his money now, he can use the return shipping label.  He can't have it both ways.

And his libeling (thanks Chris) of ShishaFreak in the OP is just icing on the cake.  If you were scammed, they wouldn't have returned contact with you in the first place.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, if they smoke ok, who cares?  You're not smoking the box or wrapper.

Oh, hey everyone, look at Mr. High And Mighty over here; Mr. I Live In A Mansion And Can Afford To Throw Out The Box And Wrapper And Not Smoke Them.

MUST BE NICE.

*goes back to smoking box and wrapper*

• Upvote 3

To be honest, if they smoke ok, who cares?  You're not smoking the box or wrapper.

Oh, hey everyone, look at Mr. High And Mighty over here; Mr. I Live In A Mansion And Can Afford To Throw Out The Box And Wrapper And Not Smoke Them.

MUST BE NICE.

Hell yeah! I also smoke out of my pico without a scalli mod.

BIG BALLIN'
  • Upvote 1

MUST BE NICE.

Hell yeah! I also smoke out of my pico without a scalli mod.

BIG BALLIN'

I HAVE TO USE TWO SCALLI MODS.

This.

OP is trying to interpret law on his own.  He is trying to receive a refund without shipping back the product by applying the logic of an employee of a government agency. 

Yes, ShishaFreak would be potentially liable for the loss but that's only when an actual judgement by someone of power has passed it. 

If the OP wants his money back and not return the coals due to his own interpretation of the law (again, based on the logic an employee and not someone of power), then he needs to wait for that judgement to pass.  If he wants his money now, he can use the return shipping label.  He can't have it both ways.

And his libeling (thanks Chris) of ShishaFreak in the OP is just icing on the cake.  If you were scammed, they wouldn't have returned contact with you in the first place.

So he called an official government agency in his country and was advised that shipping the product would be breaking a law but somehow that is him interpeting the law on his own? You mention someone of power, if you have a problem where ever you are do you expect to be able to reach the govenor of your state or even the mayor of your city on the phone?

Yes if he wants his money back he could ship the coals back. You are right, he cant have it both ways. He can either take the loss on the counterfit coals or he can risk a criminal offense by shipping them back and getting his refund.

Also it isnt libel. He ordered Coconaras. The ones he recieved were counterfits. Shishafreak didnt know they were and thats fine, shit happens and it was an honest mistake. Im pretty sure the realms of libel are out of this picture when you are receiving a counterfit product even if the retailer had no idea. The 2 cancel each other out.

Its ridiculous to see people jumping down this kids throat for this. We are in a down economy and if I got $80 worth of faulty product I would be mad too. Should he have handled it differently? Probably but I mean come on, you are gonna jump down a fellow hookah smokers throat for getting burned on a transaction?

I with Derek on this...that's why my eBay Banned Bidders list is probably the longest in existence. People think, I am unhappy then go to extremes without contacting me personally. You want a refund? That's fine, but you don't get to keep the product and get your money back. If it's damaged, I could probably use it personally. In the case of fake Cocos. I would use them personally if I was ShishaFreak and not sell them. At least they get their use. I mean come on, give a guy a break.

This.

So he called an official government agency in his country and was advised that shipping the product would be breaking a law but somehow that is him interpeting the law on his own? You mention someone of power, if you have a problem where ever you are do you expect to be able to reach the govenor of your state or even the mayor of your city on the phone?

Yes if he wants his money back he could ship the coals back. You are right, he cant have it both ways. He can either take the loss on the counterfit coals or he can risk a criminal offense by shipping them back and getting his refund.

Also it isnt libel. He ordered Coconaras. The ones he recieved were counterfits. Shishafreak didnt know they were and thats fine, shit happens and it was an honest mistake. Im pretty sure the realms of libel are out of this picture when you are receiving a counterfit product even if the retailer had no idea. The 2 cancel each other out.

Its ridiculous to see people jumping down this kids throat for this. We are in a down economy and if I got $80 worth of faulty product I would be mad too. Should he have handled it differently? Probably but I mean come on, you are gonna jump down a fellow hookah smokers throat for getting burned on a transaction?

Thank you, geez i got attacked, i was just trying to inform others so they don't also end up with fake cocos. And as for interpreting the law on my own, I did no such thing. I spoke with the lead of the RCMP O Division, based at RCMP North headquarters in Newmarket, ON.

• 2 years later...

So, does anyone have a better alternative for the coconaras? The last 3 boxes I bought were fake. They smoke, they  smell, and they taste horrid; and Im pretty sure they are what has been making me feel like shit after a session. 

Are CN's ever going to get better or is there a better alternative?