Fake Coconaras - From Shishafreak.com

Buyers beware, I received nearly 600 counterfeit coconaras  from supplier www.shishafreak.com.

1. They do not burn as long or as effectively.

2. Several friends as well as myself felt seriously nauseous after use.

3. Simply lighting these coals gives off a thick white smoke that set off my carbon monoxide alarm, and a friends.

4. The ashes have a tint of orange, I don't know what is in these things but it cannot be healthy.

Scammed by a fellow Canadian, rather ridiculous if you ask me.

Got Pics of the coals, box and your receipt? Sorry for skepticism but your first post is an attack on a vendor, Need to make sure you are legit. So let's see the evidence.

Got Pics of the coals, box and your receipt? Sorry for skepticism but your first post is an attack on a vendor, Need to make sure you are legit. So let's see the evidence.

^^^This. Please show evidence of your order, otherwise it will not be taken seriously.

Also, Shishafreak is more than welcome to respond to this claim, as they are an official vendor on the forum.

I have another box that I have ordered from coconara itself a few months back, and it is not glossy.

It is also, a noticeably different cardboard (real one is thicker, and corrugated, fake one is more like a business card thickness).

Not to mention, I spoke with coconara yesterday who informed me that these are fraudulent because they haven't produced boxes of 84 pieces in 4 years+

The only current sizes are 16,45, and 108 pieces.

Just check any official resaler of coconara or check coconara's site, there is no 84 size.

Edited by brebush

Reference the pics above with this:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b570/lilrush151/fakepacks_zps5d4884e7.jpg

You will find that these packages match the fake one in every way.

Glossy box, no stamp on interior, no flyer, thin clear plastic, etc.

Well well.  Looks like the boxes you got failed at least 2 of the 3 legitimate box signs.  Can't really tell if there is a lack of Lebanon stamp on the inside lid to go for the trifecta.

Well hello all,

We are ShishaFreak.com,

I really didn't want to do our laundry in public but, here goes....

This is all true, we did ship out the coals, then the buyer informed us that they are fakes and we offered him a FULL REFUND via PayPal.

We INSTANTLY REMOVED THEM from our site.

We even offered to pay the shipping back to us, so that we can send them back to our supplier (Who is local) to get OUR money refunded.

The buyer is refusing to send them back! 

Here is the emails.......

Hello Eric,
Thank you for your time today over the phone, as discussed you will find
the Pre-Paid Canada Post Shipping Label Attached.. Simply cut at dotted line and
tape on original Box that your items came in please. Please do not tape over the
Bar Code Section. You will just have to drop of at any Canada Post office and
they will scan the Pre-Paid label.
Please note that upon reception of your return we will issue a full refund
of the 86.93$ to your PayPal account.
I hope this is to your satisfaction and hopefully this will redeem your
trust in Shishafreak.com

HIS RESPONSE.....

Hello,

I recognize that prior to now you had requested the goods be returned in
order to receive a refund, however after spending an entire day on the phone
with the Canadian Anti Fraud Agency, the Ministry of Consumer
Services
(Consumer Protection Branch) and several divisions of the
RCMP, I have been advised that this product poses a health risk and mailing
back counterfeit goods is a breach on several areas of the Canadian Criminal
Code including possession with intention to distribute counterfeit goods. I was
directly told that participating in such an act is fraud.

Therefore, I am requesting a full refund, however due to several
legislatures I am not permitted to ship back the goods.

- Eric

We are trying to do the right thing, but as you can see, the buyer is not really doing his part.

According to Coco-Nara

ShishaFreak.com is currently the ONLY AUTHORISED Canadian Supplier of GENUINE Coco-Nara's.

We ONLY offer the 16, 45 and 108 piece boxes.

Please feel free to contact our Sales Rep at Coco-Nara USA Kate Dixon.

Well hello all,

We are ShishaFreak.com,

I really didn't want to do our laundry in public but, here goes....

This is all true, we did ship out the coals, then the buyer informed us that they are fakes and we offered him a FULL REFUND via PayPal.

We INSTANTLY REMOVED THEM from our site.

We even offered to pay the shipping back to us, so that we can send them back to our supplier (Who is local) to get OUR money refunded.

The buyer is refusing to send them back! 

Here is the emails.......

Hello Eric,
Thank you for your time today over the phone, as discussed you will find
the Pre-Paid Canada Post Shipping Label Attached.. Simply cut at dotted line and
tape on original Box that your items came in please. Please do not tape over the
Bar Code Section. You will just have to drop of at any Canada Post office and
they will scan the Pre-Paid label.
Please note that upon reception of your return we will issue a full refund
of the 86.93$ to your PayPal account.
I hope this is to your satisfaction and hopefully this will redeem your
trust in Shishafreak.com

HIS RESPONSE.....

Hello,

I recognize that prior to now you had requested the goods be returned in
order to receive a refund, however after spending an entire day on the phone
with the Canadian Anti Fraud Agency, the Ministry of Consumer
Services
(Consumer Protection Branch) and several divisions of the
RCMP, I have been advised that this product poses a health risk and mailing
back counterfeit goods is a breach on several areas of the Canadian Criminal
Code including possession with intention to distribute counterfeit goods. I was
directly told that participating in such an act is fraud.

Therefore, I am requesting a full refund, however due to several
legislatures I am not permitted to ship back the goods.

- Eric

We are trying to do the right thing, but as you can see, the buyer is not really doing his part.

According to Coco-Nara

ShishaFreak.com is currently the ONLY AUTHORISED Canadian Supplier of GENUINE Coco-Nara's.

We ONLY offer the 16, 45 and 108 piece boxes.

Please feel free to contact our Sales Rep at Coco-Nara USA Kate Dixon.

Huh?  Who goes through all that red-tape agency stuff over hookah coals?  You're clearly dealing with a different type of customer. 

"Scammed by a fellow Canadian, rather ridiculous if you ask me." is quite a false statement if you're taking the financial burden to return his money for the bad product.

Now, legally, OP does have a point that you can't have a transaction of counterfeit goods (sale or return).  Even per Ebay's MO, if a buyer receives a counterfeit item, they will refund the money and require the buyer to show proof of destruction of the counterfeit goods.

Unfortunately ShishaFreak, you were the one caught with these bad coals and are stuck with the loss like someone who's caught with a fake bill of currency (e.g. fake $20.  It gets taken away, not exchanged and you're out $20).

If it was up to me, this thread would get deleted as it's become more slander on the OP's part of "Scammed by a fellow Canadian, rather ridiculous if you ask me."  If he wants his money back while bearing the responsibility of preventing the distribution of counterfeit goods, he needs to have said-authoritative agencies say so and not be the judge himself.

I went through it because initially i just called consumer protection agency to ask what my rights were, but was referred to RCMP North Division when they found out that the product is inhaled during tobacco smoking, which poses a health risk.

They said that because it poses a health risk, it is a far more serious type of counterfeit than simply a fake gucci bag.

And now, he has blocked communication with me, I tried to email him and it said rejected as spam.

I want my refund, but i do not want to commit a crime.

And the reason i posted this, is so that my fellow canadians do not go through what we have went through (those that smoked these).

I'm not trying to "slander". Im trying to warn you.

But the way you are going about it is all wrong. You should have just contacted shishafreak right away to see if they would refund you. And if they had said no then you could have contacted the authorities. You were the one who alerted them so technically you are also the reason you can't get refunded because the authorities won't let you send the product back......just my two pennies

Not necessarily, I just wanted to keep my options open.

Because now, if I do mail them back, and don't receive the refund I was promised, I'll have proof here with all of you (before the evidence is no longer in my hands).

Let's get one thing straight- It's libel, not slander. Libel is written form, whereas slander is spoken.

Sorry, media law class I took few years ago...

Anyway, it looks to me like ShishaFreak is doing all that they can to make this right, and you are refusing to accept, brebush. Now I don't know about all that Canadian legal mumbojumbo you spoke of, but if you want your money back, I'd just ship the damn coals back and be done with it.

My :twocents:

• Upvote 1

I wish I could, but as I stated he has blocked communication with me.

**edit- but I do agree with you alabammer, I just want this to be over with.

I'm going to do my part here to make this right and ship them, and hopefully receive my promised refund and be done with this.

Edited by brebush

You have the prepaid return label still, no? Slap it on the box and drop it off with your mail carrier. The fake Cocos get returned and he can handle the issue with his distributor. You get your refund. I do not see how (as you claim) him having blocked you from emailing him is preventing you from shipping the coals back.

AT NO POINT HAVE WE EVER Blocked any customer's email!

Please verify the email address your sending it to.

As far as sending you your REFUND, of course we will, we never DENIED you a FULL REFUND, we are even paying for the shipping back to us.