Not Again! Elder Chris's Turkish Sneak Peak

That's because hockey tape is the best. My Lebanese pipes lean somewhat - they have silicone.  

Fuck hockey tape. That's what I used on my 618 and that bitch always leaned and was extremely hard to make a good seal without air leaks between the shank and glass.

I am using one of these gaskets on mine and it works great:

IMG_0461-1.jpg

WOW Take that back Chris, I use Elmas tape on all of my nargiles and they seal perfectly and sit straight as can be. I prsonally hate those silicone/rubbery type gaskets.

That's because hockey tape is the best. My Lebanese pipes lean somewhat - they have silicone.  

Fuck hockey tape. That's what I used on my 618 and that bitch always leaned and was extremely hard to make a good seal without air leaks between the shank and glass.

I am using one of these gaskets on mine and it works great:

IMG_0461-1.jpg

Prob comes from the same shop I go to...

Arabica? I believe so.

Khan El-Khalili

Yeah I got some of those at Skoozles recommendation from Khan El-Khalili. I put it on the new Leb and no leaning. 

GOODY GOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great. Got my 2 Kasbah Phunnels, 1 Crown Classic Male also!!!!!!!!

Also on a whim because H-S had bowls on sale last week so I picked up the Inside Fitting Bowl

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2001-inside-fitting-hookah-bowl-lebanese.html

It's like a Mini Egyptian Perfect for a light pack of Nakhla and 1 Coconara. Just saying that in case any one is interested in such a bowl, pretty cheap. 

Not yet. Probably won't get to it until next week without having hookahs set up all over the house. With 2 kids and a dog, it's dangerous. 

Mine arrived yesterday...but I was in Puerto Rico so I got a "we missed you" slip. So I have to wait till tomorrow. ARGH!

So, I haven't completely inspected everything, but I picked up the box from the post office en route to the office today...and it was rattling. Like, the sound of broken glass rattling.  Tore open the box, which looked as if it had been kicked by a thousand angry Arab Spring protesters, and lo and behold, the aqua/turquoise glass is shattered into several pieces.  The purple one seems OK.  The vases were wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap and then just tossed into the box with the stem, with no filler whatsoever.  Pretty pathetic. I'm going to be contacting him asking for a replacement, and I'll upload some pics when I get home.

So, the box:

Unwrapped aqua vase, after I got some micro-shards of crystal splintered into my hand...

Downstem end bit bent by it sticking out of the damn box!

That said, the stem and glass are very nice.  The stem is subtly different than the Elmas 618 (or in my case the 639) - unlike the Elmas it appears to be a seamless piece of brass, vs. the Elmas which is welded from a couple components.  The glass is common to the various Turkish manufacturers - it's made in Iran, and is laser engraved crystal.  It is SUPER heavy - 1.889 kg, or over 4 lbs, which is about twice as heavy as the stem.  Very pretty color, too, it intensifies when in bright light.

With an Elmas tray, windcover, and hose

IMG_7488_zpsce494264.jpg

IMG_7492_zps6f868736.jpg

IMG_7495_zps2d2c546d.jpg

Just like an Elmas, the tray rest leans, even though the shaft itself is straight

IMG_7486_zps0e43dae1.jpg

And next to the 639:

IMG_7482_zps36bf191c.jpg

We'll see. He already responded saying generally he refunds, but I said, no I want a replacement and for it to be packaged better

He better make it right!

Justin- How is it more slender than the Elmas version? Have you had both in front of you personally to see the difference comparing them side by side? I swear, some folks will say anything against a product that isn't Elmas... <.<

Looks like a quality pipe to me, Hass. Mine was sticking out the end of the box too! Forgot to mention that I think in the thread I made. Sucks yours is bent at the end though. :( Mine doesn't gangster lean, either. I kinda wish it did. :lol: