Al Nawras Brass Inlay Wood Syrian Hookah

Chreees

Al Nawras Brass Inlay Wood Syrian Hookah

I have owned this hookah for quite a while now and am just now getting around to reviewing it.

I call it "Shawty":

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

It seriously is the best short hookah I've ever owned. It's perfect for a tabletop or such (if you're not deadset against placing hookahs on the table :P ).

The draw is exactly like my taller Al Nawras Spear- not too tight like many Chinese, but not too wide like many Egyptians (mainly Khalil Mamoon, what I used to own).

Construction is top notch. It's not quite as solid as my Spear, but it is still very well-made. Has four holes on the bottom of the chamber because it is common chamber. Hose port is slightly on the small side, but still takes all hoses I've used on it with ease (just need to use thinner gaskets, or a damp strip of paper towel). The purge valve is excellently done, allowing for quick escape of stale smoke from the vase.

The brass inlay in the wood is just gorgeous. There is a layer of some sort of wood sealer/protector so it should look good for a long time to come. I imagine eventually it will need to be redone, though.

The tray is a "snap-on" tray and is VERY durable, despite what some others may say about theirs of this same style. Not a flimsy piece of shit at all. It just pops right on over the bowl port. Doesn't move at all unless you bump it. It's a nice size to catch falling coals, ash, and whatnot.

The downstem is on the short side, so I paired it with my red Group Elegance genie vase. Perfect match.

This is the ONLY Syrian of this exact model I have ever seen, and I am VERY grateful to Mark at Kasbah Hookah Bazaar for selling it to me. There are other wooden models made by Al Nawras Company, but they are hard to come across as well.

A+!

Additional pics:

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

• Upvote 1