Wow...

headhunter

Hey guys so i just need to get some things off of my chest right now.....the past month almost has been a living hell, im going to a Junior college, taking 17 credit hours (the normal is around 12 im one away from the cap) and trying to focus on school. All the while im being yelled at by my parents to do more, to help more, to stop being the apparent deadbeat son i am (even when i say that around them they just shrug their shoulders). On top of that last weekend on my way home, i stopped at a truck that had taken a corner to fast and slid, flipped over and smashed its roof. The driver was someone from my graduating class in HS, the passenger was a girl by the name of Alyssa, who was still in high school a junior to be exact. When i pulled up the driver was out and running around freaking out about Alyssa, i was the second caller into 911 to report it. The first responder (a County Cop) told us to leave because we didn't see the accident happen. Lo and Behold when i wake up the next morning i find out that this girl who was still in HS died, and whats worse i knew her to some extent, it just didnt click. On top of all this a week ago, a girl i care about managed to get cut on her chest by one of my "Best Friends" one deep enough to need 66 Stitches, it was less than a cm away from puncturing her chest cavity and lung, whats worse is that this girl i care about is utterly in love with this guy, even through him doing that....so im stuck being the person keeping watch, because it was an accident to a point....so much crap has happened to me in the past month that i cant really even process it all right now, im totally lost on so many issues, my grades are suffering, and i can barely get myself out of bed in the morning. Right now the only thing keeping me going is the fact that i have to watch over that girl......that and this weekend i am seeing my all time favorite band in Chicago. Right now, im down and nothing is really helping.....im sorry iv dumped all this on you guys but really my rents refuse to talk to me about any of it and my friends really dont comprehend what im saying and going through... 

If i was in your place I'd tell your parents to screw off and you're taking a huge semester and you're doing your best right now. They should be happy you're even going to college. As far as everything else, thats tragic and I'm sorry you had to go through all that. If you think that girl is really in danger by being with that guy then you need to talk to her about it. 

I feel ya, It's definitely a rough patch. Just see it to the end. Don't give up with school but maybe next semester try less units so that you can help your parents and such. As for the girl who was injured, there has to be some way to get it into her head that he could have killed her. I wish there was an easy answer but there isn't. Just see it through.

yah its all tragic and what not but its not really your problem to deal with, you can give words of wisdom, but if she wont leave him then she is risking her life with a idiot.  Also, if your parents dont like that ur in college, like others said just ignore them. or just try and find a part time job so ur always busy with school and work.  I went to school full time and work full time its easily do able, was it fun not always. Was it easy no, but was it worth it. yes! did u learn good work ethic and it all pays off in the end yes.  Try not to focus on anything besides YOU. Its life shes gets in the way sometimes.

• Upvote 2

yah its all tragic and what not but its not really your problem to deal with, you can give words of wisdom, but if she wont leave him then she is risking her life with a idiot.  Also, if your parents dont like that ur in college, like others said just ignore them. or just try and find a part time job so ur always busy with school and work.  I went to school full time and work full time its easily do able, was it fun not always. Was it easy no, but was it worth it. yes! did u learn good work ethic and it all pays off in the end yes.  Try not to focus on anything besides YOU. Its life shes gets in the way sometimes.

I agree with this.  I think the lowest amount of credit hours I took in undergrad was 16.  I had a job AND an online business at the time too.  When I went to grad school, the lowest credit hours I took was 27 (only the first semester, then the lowest after that was 30-31, highest being 35-36).  I still ran my business while in grad school (the old job was an hour away and since I went to school from 7am-5pm on some days, I could never make it before they close).

You are going through a lot of things that are out of your reach.  Instead of worrying about those, start concentrating on the things you can control.  In the end, we make our own happiness.

i just feel like everyone in the world just always has to focus on everything around them instead of themselves and worries about themselves, which is ANNOYING.  And also so many people are OVER SENSITIVE! i just think people needs to do what is best for them

Wow, thanks guys really. I know i haven't been around lately but reading all of these actually really helped. And on the idea of a job, i might be getting my old delivery job back, which is okay i guess even though the place was rather....interesting (to put it nicely). But really thank you all, on a brighter note things have been looking up, iv been doing better and my mood has improved overall (i have even been able to pick up the guitar and play now as before i couldn't even do that) so things are looking up. Again i cant thank you guys enough, Thank you all.

• Upvote 1

Just hop on TC and smoke with your friends here. :) Helps me when I'm feeling down.

Seriously though, glad to hear your mood has improved. Hope things keep improving for you.

Also seriously though, hop in TC sometime...

Thanks chris and haha sorry, i will try to more often i have been busy with classes and such but i will don't worry. Just always seems to be dead when i sit in it for a while lol but really once spring break roles around....everyday, all day lol