Chreees

Desi Murli Rooh Afza

Hookah: Elmas 628
Bowl: Standard issue Elmas
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Elmas
Coals: 2 Razan + Elmas windcover
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Very finely cut but not pasty by any means. Pieces a few mm big, but still much finer than anything else I've come across. Quite moist but not dripping or oozing syrup, not very sticky.
Nicotine: 0.5%
Smell: Like an Indian spice shop. It's supposed to replicate paan, the primary components of which are betel leaf and areca nut. Having seen but never having had paan, I'm not sure how close it came, but it's certainly exotic - spicy but not any identifiable spices, woody, and floral.  Reminded me a bit of some Arabic incenses such as 'oud and bukhour. 
Taste: Very similar to the smell, plus a TINY trace of the Tangiers Kashmir flavor, which is based on a similar thing.  There's also a very slight soapy aftertaste, which I can't describe better than that.
Smoke: Decent Clouds, mid-range texture, neither too light or too heavy
Buzz: Heavy, but sneaky. I was smoking by myself this time, and initially I was fine, but after about 45 minutes, the buzz hit me HARD. I had to take a break for 20-30 minutes before finishing it off.
Duration: 2 rounds of Razans

Purchased From: hookah1.com

Overall: 8/10. Very good, extremely distinctive, but somewhat overpowering - the flavor is VERY intense, and it includes a few off flavors like the soapy aftertaste I mentioned. I'll definitely smoke it again, but I don't think it's something I can do that often.

• 3 months later...