New Mya Mikro

Saw Mush's unveiling of the new Mya Mikro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-SZH-KofM

Intrigued. 

Have 2 real thoughts.

1. Can you buy more bowls? I rarely sit down and smoke just one bowl.

2. How's that grommet seal around the bowl going to last with the heat?

i actually kinda like it, the bowl design seems like it would make heat management easier, and perhaps its more suited for the traditional style Mu'assel, as i saw somewhere that shallow bowls are suited better for the drier types, but i could be making things up again. Either way cool design, my  :twocents:

i guess there is no coal try, well its kind of like the moza and moza II the coal tray is so small its pointless lol. but the idea isn't horrible but its not the best with the permanente bowl. But we will see how many say ohh i started smoking hookah and i just got this is it any good? lol i love those questions

Well, I haven't actually smoke dit yet, but here is my UNOFFICIAL take so far.

The bowl question is actually one I have myself. Have contacted Mya about replacement availability for both the bowl AND the grommet/gasket. I'll let you know what I hear back. Ya, the lack of a coal tray will be interesting to see in operation. The fact the bowl can be lifted by the little handle will help, was will the fact the screen is on a hinge so it could be dumped into a waiting container. The screen itself has smaller holes than most screens so we will have to see about ash. I will also be packing a bowl using foil as an experiment on it being air tight.

Size wise it's about the same height and a bit heavier than an older QT. I'll do a side by side comparison shot in the next video.

Chreees: not everyone will.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool but the truth will be in the smoke. ;)

I would try to throw on a base tray on as an ash tray.

I have a few questions about the bowl/screen.

Can the screen be used upside down? It looks like it curves down into the bowl. could it be flipped so it domes up over the bowl?

Is the inside bottom of the bowl convex?  it looks like it domes up a little kind of like a super chief?

Is the bowl solid?  I know mod bowls are commonly hollow, but this one looks too compact to leave room for an air gap.

Is Mya planning to do a Phunnel style bowl for this pipe to go along with their rocks?

So, according to Mya they will have replacement Bowls and gaskets for around 5 or 6 bucks available shortly on myahookah.com.

The bowls are convex:

[attachment=6168:IMAG0472.jpg]

They are solid:

[attachment=6169:IMAG0477.jpg]

and if you bend these little flanges around the other way and reattach them to the bar it SHOULD work to reverse the screen. I will try it AFTER i have smoked it the normal way as with my luck I'd snap something off. :):

[attachment=6170:IMAG0474.jpg]

I'll send another email about the Rock Burner.

The lack of a real coal tray is deterring me from this hookah, about how heavy would you say it is? Do you think it's heavy like an amys hookah?

it weighs 3 pound 5.6 oz.

To compare this, an old c-class QT with bowl weighs 2 pounds 15 oz.

Here is a side by side comparison:

[attachment=6171:IMAG0479.jpg]

(Sorry, my arms are too damn short for a better shot and still have the measuring tape in the picture.)

Very strange. Mya comes up with some good new items from time to time. I also am a big fan of the base. I don't use my tray very much so a lack of a tray isn't deterring me. It seems like a hassel to pack and unpack. Especially if I plan on smoking for a while.

So, I finally got a chance to smoke this sucker.

Yup, it's a Hookah. About what You expect from a small Mya. Good air flow, ease of use, etc. It was a fun smoke, plus we got our fair share of looks smoking this hookah in a lounge that features KMs.

[attachment=6180:Mikro.jpg]

[attachment=6181:Smoking Mikro 1.jpg]

[attachment=6178:Melany Mikro Smoke.jpg]

[attachment=6177:Haider Mikro.jpg]

Using the screen wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Ya there is a little more ash on the tobacco than I normally find with foil but not as much as you usually find using a metal screen. The holes in the screen are smaller than your average so that helps a lot. Some day someone will make a pinhole punched metal screen.

[attachment=6176:Screen size.jpg]

As for de-ashing the screen without a tray, no problem. we just put our coal carrier along side and used the tongs to flip the screen, dumping the ash quite cleanly. 

[attachment=6179:Mikro de-ash.jpg]

The concave screen wasn't an issue for us. I was afraid all the coals would vibrate into the center and hot spot but this turned out not to be a problem. The coals stayed where I put them and there was actually little to no vibration from the hookah i guess to to its mass. This is a SOLID little hookah.

I'll post an official review around the net but i know folks were wondering how well it worked and what I though and well, I'd buy one. :D