Dallas-Fort Worth Hookah Party plan B!!!

[quote name='Nicholae']wouldnt even think about it scalli. so if we want to donate some money how should it be done?[/quote]

I am guessing I have a jar situated in the house that is pretty much in sight and before we leave to Heat we will, take it all out and count it and see what we have. That way just because you don't see someone put money in it does not mean they didn't and no one would be embarrassed putting money in I would think. If we do it at Heat, then I guess the same way.
One thing to figure out is if there is more money that the tab at Heat comes to. What to do with that? Divide it equally amongst the out of towners to help with the transpo cost of them getting here maybe?
I need suggestions on that. The raising and distribution of the money will be in the open though as it should be.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im for both suggestions. you should help out of towners a tad bit. but keep a little for yourself. i mean you are providing us entry to you humble abode. also as a thank you for what you have pulled together.

Thanks for being thoughtful but unless the party gets HUGE I am more than happy to cover the food at the house. Just bring some side dishes if you can. It is harder for some to make it here that others. I am not comfortable keeping any of the money donated because of that. So while there are no promises made that there will be a surplus the one promise I will make is that any extra would go to a good cause. Cash strapped folks is a good a cause as any. Helping somebody out when and if you can is never a bad thing.
Anyone that travels and just does not want it just throws more into the pot for those that could use it. I don't see this being no extravigant number. But if it's costing close to $100 to get here then anything helps. I'm just odd about this I guess.

well the party may not be huge this time. but hopefully if these get togethers continue it eventually will. your positions about there being a surplus donation(if there is) is quite understandable.

The way I figure it, is if it is successful that Heat and SS and everybody involved will really be jazzed. The next time Heat may open early for us and we have a huge party the whole day there and people can come and go as they can. More than 20'ish people would be a little rough for Ms. Scalli to deal with. But more than 20 people is something a place like Heat should be happy to accomidate.
That's a win-win there.

I'll go ahead and put my name down. Matt Miles. I'm just bringing myself now since Nick signed up on the forums. As for the donations, I like the idea of having the jar out in the open, maybe by the door or something. Then we can count it before we go to Heat like you said.

Hey evans, you deal with tangiers tobacco right? well i was wondering if you might be able to bring some to scalli's with you. im looking to try it and possibly buy some if i like it.

woah woah, i have had some, and after the lil phone convo i got to know him, but i dont have a pile of it lying around to bring XD If we want though we can start the donations now for some tangiers love. GoD and Dizzy can vouch that what i get is spent on what i say im spending it on :D all money ill get there will go to the tangiers fund. About 1 1/2 weeks before the party ill order a nice amount of tangiers from one of the many sites. Well all decide on flavours. Also at the end of the night, if theres any left we can just split it up and let people take it home :D

So how does that sound to yall?

ALSO!! Keep up with the headcount. If you havent yet call out your count: Your Name +Extra People your Bringing EX: Corey Eacret+1

Oh, and scally post your paypal e-mail so people can donate money for the party to you. Ill handle tangiers fund you handle the party fund, if thats good with everyone :D

[quote name='EvansLight']Oh, and scally post your paypal e-mail so people can donate money for the party to you. Ill handle tangiers fund you handle the party fund, if thats good with everyone :D[/quote]

I guess that would work as long as everybody verified here how much they donated. We could keep a updated total at the first post. People could still wait to donate here though. As long as everybody can see what is coming in I have no problem. If you don't want your name mentioned then donate an odd number so when I post it you can tell it is listed in the post. Is this making sense?

Anyways my paypal is scalliwagsales@charter.net

lol well i dont know about just getting my hands on some, unless eric decides to ship me some to sell to yall XD but i would have to buy it first. If i can get enough donations to the tangiers fund i can more than likely but in a nice large order with the man himself, as long as its about 2-3kilos maybe. Then we can smoke some, and give out the rest at the party.

We need to see if SS can talk to the people at Heat and get them to let us bring a Tangiers bowl and shisha. They could still charge us as though it was their stuff. Let one of us help participate with them in the packing of it since I know they worry about what people may try and put in hookahs of course. It would be great exposure for Tangiers and save Heat from using their shisha for however many bowls we made with it.
If these guys have not seen a phunnell bowl I can almost guarantee that their curiousity would be there. Let them get some hit, leave them a sample, maybe even a bowl as a token of our appreciation. Then they would have a bowl and some of the Tangman's shisha to play with... maybe they would start offering it. That's a thought.

hmm yea that would rock. if tang could send us like the 2 best flavours, just enough to pack a bowl of each in the phunnel, we could give heat a good tasting of the tangiers love. Than maybe a local D/FW place would start selling it :D

yea im taking some of my licorice and my new bowl to jasmines here soon, hopefully gonna get them to buy some, which means more free for me, and also a place fairly close to buy it locally :D

wow jasmines. they have changed alot since last winter. i havnt been there in a month or so. well could you tell me a website where i can order some tangiers then?

Okay, Here is the latest From Ali at SS:

Scalli,
The 28th seems to work for everyone. I breifly touched base with Heat last Friday to have them check their schedule and again today to confirm, and there is no conflicts. They can open early to accomodate the event on the 28th or for any future event if too many people decide to come that having it at your place would be a problem.

Has the group decided if they want to take food up to heat? If the group decides to do food, heat can provide all the dinnerware and silverware, serving table(s), and do most all of the cleanup for a relatively small fee.

As far as the house party part is concerned, we are at your service and will arrange tobacco, charcoal, hookahs as you request.

Keep me posted on head count and requests.

Ali