Sneak Peek

Man, that's crazy, both that it only takes ~3 days to get over here, and that it takes so long to clear customs. But I can only imagine the horrendous amounts of packages they have to go through...

Yeah, I specifically asked for Turkish Post to be used, so that USPS would deliver it to me. I don't trust UPS and Fedex. They leave my packages at my door almost everytime, whereas USPS typically will leave it with the apts manager or at the post office with a slip in my mailbox. With this item, I wanted to make damn sure it wasn't left at my door just sitting there for anyone to take. I even taped a note down on the inside of my mailbox instructing the mailman to not leave any packages at my door.

Will the tracking update at all before it ships to me? Or will it just continue to say what it says in the screenshot I posted above until it's finally at my door?

It will update when the package arrives at your local/towns post office.

It will also say cleared customs when it is through customs. Don't get tricked though, processed through customs means it is still in customs, it has to say cleared customs for it to be out of customs.

Does this mean it's about to leave customs and ship out to me? Or is it just now leaving Turkey??

[attachment=6153:Screen shot 2013-01-17 at 8.01.01 AM.JPG]

[attachment=6152:Screen shot 2013-01-17 at 7.59.09 AM.JPG]

Well, that's what it seems like to me as well. But reason why I ask is because I was previously told before that what it said meant it was in customs here in the US.

If it doesn't arrive before the 26th, then I will have to drive back to my apts office or post office to get it, as I'm moving into the hotel I work at for a few months before moving back to West TN. :/

I mean, I guess it isn't the end of the world if it doesn't arrive by the 26th. Only a 25 min. drive to go pick it up at my apts office or post office (I already told my landlady it may arrive after I move out, she said she'd hold it for me). But the hassle and question of where to keep it while I'm staying in the hotel room for several months... I'll try my best to take pics of it when I get it, but as for a full review and how it smokes, that may be delayed for some time...

I never got that notification you got, but originating post would be Turkey, so that message appears to be leaving Turkey. Which seems like it may just be USPS's slow system. Because when my package shipped it only took a couple days to reach US customs.

I looked up what it meant and got varying answers... Some said it means it's in the US and leaving customs, whereas others said it means it's leaving the origin country (Turkey in this case) and on its way to customs in the US.

I also tracked it on this website, http://www.track-trace.com/post, and the latest event says "Insert item into bag (Otb)." I looked it up and got these answers:

[i]Insert item into bag[/i] ([i]Otb[/i]) ; this means shipment has been dispatched for its destination. (In reference to shipping from India)

The message "[i]Insert item into bag[/i] ([b]Otb[/b]) " means that the parcel is ready to be loaded on the airplane to certain destination. This is the last message (with date and time) from this web site. Our commitment for the shipping ends at this point (Otb). (In reference to shipping from Bulgaria)

Who the hell knows...

I dunno what you guys experienced, because I'm definitely not seeing the same thing... Tracking number is CP018520770TR. It's been saying "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece" for several days now. I did some research and that means it is STILL in Turkey, and is currently being bunched with other packages until it is enough to fill a shipping container to ship over here. I don't see how this could be interpreted any other way.

Anyway, I gotta go to the post office tomorrow and ask them to hold my mail, since I'm moving out this Saturday. It better come within 30 days, because that's as long as the post office will hold my mail before I have to start having it forwarded to another address (which I won't have until April). I don't want to fill out a change of address form to have it forwarded here to the hotel, just for this ONE package...

The pipe would be more epic if the birds were mounted on spinners. Just sayin :P

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1359022382' post='569460']
The pipe would be more epic if the birds were mounted on spinners. Just sayin :P
[/quote]

Like pinwheels??

[img]http://www.runnerduck.com/images/kc_pinwheel.jpg[/img]

No... I don't need my birds to spin, thank you. :lol:

Oh, and HUGE shoutout to Pavo for sending me a Mya bowl adapter so quickly. Going to allow me to use my Tangiers Mini Phunnel on this when I get it. He even threw in some gaskets for me to use! And a brownie. Which was hella tasty, btw. :)
  • Upvote 1

I used this site:

http://www.trackitonline.ru/?service=track

your updates are the following:

07.01.2013 10:28 TÜrkiye Accepted from sender
07.01.2013 10:28 TÜrkiye Left sorting center
08.01.2013 09:34 TÜrkiye Consolidated for export (Export)

Which would mean it has shipped from Turkey but hasn't arrived in the USA. Which is odd b/c like I told you, for me it took 2 days to go from Turkey to the USA.