Sneak Peek

Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited about it.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, it's like an Elmas 639 but with Canaries on it. I am not the biggest fan of the 639, but with the Canaries on it I love it. A lot. I hope it exceeds my expectations in terms of quality. And I hope the size works out perfectly, as you mentioned, John. I didn't want anything too tall.

I hope this pipe proves my opinion that there's just as nice Turkish stuff as Elmas out there.

Live i've said before, just buy a MYA hose port, put some tape around it, add a grommet on one side, then add a grommet on the other side so they touch, and you have a perfect converter made of metal.

As for quality, the etchings look just as nice, in terms of weight, it is tough because it is much smaller when making a comparison to a similar pipe. I can tell you my 639 (without birds obviously) weighs 3 pounds. The canary weighs 7.5 lbs.

Either way it is going to be a nice pipe.

I'm getting one of the Kasbah Male Phunnel bowls, so I'll most likely use that bowl on this. However, I did make my own adapter out of mod gaskets and electrical tape. The Mya adapters sounds much more durable, though, so I may make that instead. Thanks for mentioning it, John!

As for the weight of this thing, I guess I'll have to weigh it when I get it in, as I have no idea what it weighs. I'll be sure to do that in my review.

If its weight is similar to elmas ... like I said 639 is 3 lbs plus the birds on yours so it should weight at least 4-5 lbs.

Yah the mya converter is bad ass ... works so well that the fact most Turkish pipes require male bowls really doesn't matter at all.

Do you have a spare couple of adapters or no? I wonder if my local shop has them as spare parts or not... I'm thinking take two adapters, JB Weld them together, and pop gaskets on each end?

Mind posting a pic of what you made? Mine is cool and all, but pretty flimsy.

I won't be home until tomorrow night. I can snap a pic then.

Oh and it is the bowl port adapter for myas I use not the hose port.

Something like this is what you want:

[url="http://www.hookahcompany.com/large_hookah_stem_adapter_1588_prd1.htm"]http://www.hookahcom...r_1588_prd1.htm[/url]

Except I used ones off of my mya qt, I had 2 qt's one was my friends that he gave to me and the other was mine, so I used the bowl ports off of both of those hookahs instead of buying them.

So put tape around it to make the grommets tight, and then put a grommet on the top and bottom so they meet. The top of the piece where it most narrow is at the top and the bottom piece where it gets wide goes in the hookah. If it is too loose, add more tape under the grommet for either side depending on the size of the bowl and size of the port on the hookah.

I only had 2 mya bowl ports so I could make two of them. I use one for my small and smaller tang bowsl, and then the other for my medium and larger phunnel/other bowls. If I had extras I would hook you up for sure.

I'll take a look when I get home and go through my random hookah bag and see if I have any more bowl ports.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1357524048' post='567462']
Do you have a spare couple of adapters or no? I wonder if my local shop has them as spare parts or not... I'm thinking take two adapters, JB Weld them together, and pop gaskets on each end?

Mind posting a pic of what you made? Mine is cool and all, but pretty flimsy.
[/quote]

You only need 1 port, not 2.

Ahhh, okay, I see what you did. A pic would still be appreciated, just so I get the full picture.

I'm not super worried about the adapter, since I'll be getting the Kasbah Male Phunnel, but it'd still be nice to be able to use the Tangiers Phunnels if I wanted to.

The clay Elmas adapter sucked, so I will not be picking up another one of those. Too unstable.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1357525302' post='567469']
Ahhh, okay, I see what you did. A pic would still be appreciated, just so I get the full picture.

I'm not super worried about the adapter, since I'll be getting the Kasbah Male Phunnel, but it'd still be nice to be able to use the Tangiers Phunnels if I wanted to.

[b]The clay Elmas adapter sucked, so I will not be picking up another one of those. Too unstable.[/b]
[/quote]

Yeah they were too large and bulky.

Yah, I will take a pic tomorrow for ya. It really makes the turkish hookahs much more enjoyable. It works so well it is just like putting a grommet on your normal male port hookah before you put the bowl on. Except instead you put the converter in the hookah before putting the bowl on.

I have found it online in nickle plated...but I have a pretty good idea....looks good ...but I think the heart looks a little small on a large base...might be more fitting on a medium? Can't wait to see it.

I agree there are lots of quality nargile in turkey...we are just getting started in seeing them...but I think as time moves on and unrest in middle east continues our allies in turkey and more us involvement in that area we will see much more.

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1357536252' post='567492']
waaa waaa wee waaaa...where are you getting this pipe from? if your able to tell,of course ;)
[/quote]

Lol, I'll PM you.

[quote name='twoapplesplease' timestamp='1357559002' post='567508']
I have found it online in nickle plated...but I have a pretty good idea....looks good ...but I think the heart looks a little small on a large base...might be more fitting on a medium? Can't wait to see it.

I agree there are lots of quality nargile in turkey...we are just getting started in seeing them...but I think as time moves on and unrest in middle east continues our allies in turkey and more us involvement in that area we will see much more.
[/quote]

Well, it isn't Kaya, I can assure you of that. ;) Also, this model is not made in a nickel-plated verison as far as I know.

I am hoping it will look good on my Syrian trumpet vase, which is 12" tall. I used to own the 618 (the one Mattarios is currently selling in the Trades section) and used it on this vase. Here's a pic:

[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_1439.jpg[/img]

See how it doesn't look quite right? I think it's because the shank just wasn't tall enough for the vase. I'm hoping that this Canary model will be just a little bit taller, so that it looks better on this vase.

I considered moving the Nawras to the trumpet permanently, but decided against it because 1) the Nawras is just sex on the red BJ boho it's on right now, and 2) the Canary's longer downstem should work out well on the tall trumpet vase. I know the Elmas 618's sure did. The pull is not as good on my Nawras when it's on the trumpet, but it's perfect on the boho. The Elmas 618's pull was good when I had it on the trumpet, so I'm hoping for the same with the Canary.

So I got my tracking number. Turkish post tracking is weird, lol. Total weight of the package is "2626 Gr.", which is 5.78934 pounds. Since the tray, windcover, and tongs weigh hardly anything, I would think the shank should be around 4-5 pounds.

So what do I do when the package is in the US? How do I track it then? Still on the Turkish post site, or the USPS site somehow (doubt the same tracking number will work)?

couple pics

This is the mya bowl port with some tape on the top and more tape on the bottom. The top looks a little dark bc of some juices getting on it

[img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/mattarios/2_zpscafb83a0.jpg[/img]

This is the finished piece with a big grommet on the top that fits my small and medium phunnel and then one of those thick rubbery type white grommets on the bottom.

[img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/mattarios/1-2_zps0c1f5498.jpg[/img]

You can see the bottom bulges out from the extra tape which makes it fit in the pipe nicely and the top is thinner, perfect for your bowl.

Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.

Good Luck!