Ever not understand a fad?

PersianPride

I don't know if anyone followed this lonelygirl saga on you tube. I saw the first episode when she was already revealed as a New Zealand actress. But anyway in one of her videos there was 4000 comments. It just boggles the mind I mean sure she is sightly attractive but why this entire hysteria. Even my local Australian newspaper had an article about her. [url="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lonelygirl15"]http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lonelygirl15[/url]

I sort of actually think its cruel what they did. From what I gather part of the plot was that she belongs to a mysterious religion that she states is disrespected in society. And I was scanning through some of the comments and you see mormons and muslims conveying their empathy and talking about discrimination in their own lives. I think its the whole concept of innocent girl that just infatuated what seems like the entire world.

Yeah... I only know about her cause of my roommate... I find these video diaries to be real lame and pointless.. I don't understand why people even watch them and be interested in what they say and how big of an idiot they are. I found this lonelygirl to be a bit attractive but w/ an annoying voice and w/ nothing useful to say.. Yeah, it was scripted but still, there are other posts on youtube w/ the same idea... mainly this girl whom I don't know her screen name. I hate her.. lol. But yeah, I don't understand fads in general... how do things become so popular? It's mind boggling.

• 2 weeks later...
Why so many people watch her??That's easy because they are dorks out there that don't get laid.I'm sure that these dorks feel like they know her personally through youtube.I seen her video to see what all the hype was about. As soon as I seen it I knew there would be alot of geeks beating off to her.