Mattarios Hookah Collection

mattarios2

Just ordered a lotus tray off ebay from turkeysonline.

Pretty pumped because I have always wanted one and no one ever sells them separate. Pretty gassed he does! I will probably put it on my elmas canary ... as if it wasn't heavy already lol

lol, genies are over rated :-) tip easily. they can't handle turk brass Tray looks awesome pretty price I think 5star is selling them for a lot more :-)

Still a nice collection congrats on the Lotus Tray! As Far as the genie's tipping over i gotta disagree. These BJ glassworks Genies are quite heavy and wide for their size. Then Once you add water they get even heavier. It's great for that Syrian Nawras or w/e Duel Metal however it just looks picture perfect with the Spear on it.i smoked both hookahs with that base and i must say its more stable than any 12" Bell KM or w/e type base i have owned and more Stable then my recently sold Green tower base. Not to mention it is a hell of a lot heavier and more stable than my other 10" bj glassworks bell base. 

If you think a genie is more stable than a 12 inch bell, you are nuts :-)

If anyone were to bump  into a pipe that is sitting on a genie it is going to tip, at minimum it is going to wobble and the bottom part of the disc is going to bump the ground.

If anyone were to bump  into a pipe that is sitting on a genie it is going to tip, at minimum it is going to wobble and the bottom part of the disc is going to bump the ground.

lol From personal experience i think you're making a generalization. egyptian bell bases, (typically KM bases and some Syrian stock glass bases are wobbly as fuck) Both my bj glasswork bases are very stable. both are small-ish 10" bases perfect for syrian pipes. however the Genie boho is a lot heavier than the base boho i paired it with the old school nawras or  w/e pipe i got from you and my nawras spear neither of them wobble.  Don't knock genies till you try em! in fact a Genie would look perfect on your nawras nickel staff. The problem is you cant find the silver plated ones anymore :-( 

In either case i like a variety in my bohos, You shouldn't knock on all genies till you try em. Sucks the bj glassworks genies are so expensive though. 

lol From personal experience i think you're making a generalization. egyptian bell bases, (typically KM bases and some Syrian stock glass bases are wobbly as fuck) Both my bj glasswork bases are very stable. both are small-ish 10" bases perfect for syrian pipes. however the Genie boho is a lot heavier than the base boho i paired it with the old school nawras or  w/e pipe i got from you and my nawras spear neither of them wobble.  Don't knock genies till you try em! in fact a Genie would look perfect on your nawras nickel staff. The problem is you cant find the silver plated ones anymore :-( 

In either case i like a variety in my bohos, You shouldn't knock on all genies till you try em. Sucks the bj glassworks genies are so expensive though. 

What does that have to do with anything? I am not talking about wobbly vases, I am talking about a non wobbly bell vs a non wobbly genie. Obviously a wobble throws off the whole comparison, but comparing a wobbly bell to a non wobbly genie is not fair.

I have tried them, don't knock me not knowing what I have and have not experienced.

In the beginning of your message you are comparing a shitty egyptian bell vs a bohemian genie ... ? I think lol, your post is all over the place but, obviously you cant compare the two. One is a shitty egyptian base and the other is a bohemian. Wobbling can not be used in the comparison because that is no a fair comparison. A quality bohemian genie and a quality bohemian bell ... all day a bohemian bell is more stable.

Your comparison is flawed brother.

What does that have to do with anything? I am not talking about wobbly vases, I am talking about a non wobbly bell vs a non wobbly genie. Obviously a wobble throws off the whole comparison, but comparing a wobbly bell to a non wobbly genie is not fair.

I have tried them, don't knock me not knowing what I have and have not experienced.

In the beginning of your message you are comparing a shitty egyptian bell vs a bohemian genie ... ? I think lol, your post is all over the place but, obviously you cant compare the two. One is a shitty egyptian base and the other is a bohemian. Wobbling can not be used in the comparison because that is no a fair comparison. A quality bohemian genie and a quality bohemian bell ... all day a bohemian bell is more stable.

Your comparison is flawed brother.

That is true but when comparing bohos to bohos both my bohos are very stable if i would tug on the hose hard then let go, pulling the hookahs they would lean forward then once i let go they'd move back into place. also When have you tried a bj glassworks genie? im talking about these in particular not the crazily sought after nizbor bohos or others. That being said if you have a insanely heavy turk it would be best to have a batal type base for maximum stability. 10" genies are mainly Syrian options. However Now they may start coming standard on El Nefes pipes lol Julyano said he made an exclusive contract w bj glassworks for his El Nefes brand. Again I'm saying when comparing bell to genie bases i didnt see any diff in stability between the bj glassworks bell or genie i have both. I would think the genie is more stable simply because it's a lot heavier then their bell base. 

Genies are mainly fit/exclusive to syrian pipes because Syrian pipes are generally more slender AND have shorter down stems. Which further proves my point that they are meant for monster heavy stems.

Beastly turk stems are just fine on normal bell bohos.

Genies are mainly fit/exclusive to syrian pipes because Syrian pipes are generally more slender AND have shorter down stems. Which further proves my point that they are meant for monster heavy stems.

Beastly turk stems are just fine on normal bell bohos.

I'm guessing you use 12" bohos.  A 10" bell maybe to small for a turk. also considering how light the 10" bj glassworks bell is idk lol Its great for a syrian but the 10" bj genie is almost twice as heavy as the 10" bj bell base. 

Yes I use 12 inch bells. And once again, now you are comparing weight. Each vase, from each batch, from each maker .. the weights always vary.

You need to compare apples to apples. The simple fact that a bell is wider and taller tells you enough about which one is more stable.

i am comparing apples to apples both of my bases are teh same height and same manufacturer, BJ glassworks. Why compare a 12in bell boho to a 10" genie boho when you can compare the same size bohos. Also the bottom part that narrows is just as wide as the bj glassworks bell.  What im saying is this is the widest 10" base there is. 10"bases compared are apples to apples. However 10" genies compared to 12" bells are apples to oranges lol. In the end it all comes down to preference. You should keep getting what you love. All im saying is from personal experience between 2 bj glassworks bases The 10" Genie is just as stable if not more stable than their 10" bell counterpart. It is an even comparison imo because both bases are the same size and made by the same manufacturer. Yes the fact that a 10" and a 12" bell weigh about the same Still doesn't make it a similar comparison because the 12" bell is 12". The simple fact is they are different bases tailored for different hookahs. I had 12"  bell base and a 13" tower base on a syrian and they just didn't go well. the bell required a lot more water and had to be filled around 2/3rds the way while the tower had to be filled at 3 quarters all the way and sometimes leaked water out when purging.. All im saying is on a Syrian pipe you need a 10" base. In that category nothing beats a genie base as it's the widest and heaviest in that department. But If you are looking to fit a turk or KM pipe which has a long downstem i'd agree with you. on most non syrian 12" bells are ideal. Now i wonder if they made 12" genie bohos! That may be a fair comparison to a 12" bell as they would be the same height and the genie may way more because of how wide they get in the middle. :-P 

The reason why a 12 inch bell compared to a 10 inch genie is apples to apples is because that is both styles largest size. A 10 inch genie is the largest bohemian genie I have ever seen. And 12 inch is the largest bohemian bell I have ever seen.

That is why it IS apples to apples. Because there IS no such thing as a 12 inch genie AFAIK.

The reason why a 12 inch bell compared to a 10 inch genie is apples to apples is because that is both styles largest size. A 10 inch genie is the largest bohemian genie I have ever seen. And 12 inch is the largest bohemian bell I have ever seen.

That is why it IS apples to apples. Because there IS no such thing as a 12 inch genie AFAIK.

No such thing yet! I heard a certain vendor will have 12" genie and tower bohos but from the pics i seen they aren't very appealing. 

In any case for a Syrian Pipe a 10" genie is as good as it gets for egy's and turks I'd have to agree with you. Your collection mostly consists of turks so i dont think any 10" bohos will do you nay good. Also you seem set :-) I didn't mean to argue with you but you are right about 10" bases being for syrians. I haven't put any big turks on my genie so i can't exactly tell you how it would suit it. All i can say is You have a badass collection my friend. Put up pics of your canary with That Lotus tray whenever it comes :-) I'd like to see that pipe in its fullest glory!