Mattarios Hookah Collection

mattarios2

Fiancee bought me this as an engagement gift ... she couldn't hold back so she told me about it before it got here. Should be here by the end of August ...

[url=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/mattarios/media/nazar_serisi_background_zps6594f512.jpg.html]nazar_serisi_background_zps6594f512.jpg[/URL]

Pretty pumped to say the least, it is really the last Elmas that I really wanted. I will be sure to do a detailed review on it to compare to past elmas pipes myself and other members have received from other vendors in the past.

• 1 month later...
Nope, Elmas said there was a delay in producing them. They said a bunch didn't come out to their standards so they had to remake a bunch. Prob mid september, pretty sick though because they gave me a discount for the delay.

I foresee the copycats soon having serial numbers as well then, lol. It's just like vaping mods- you have clones of all the major devices out there, because the authentics are way too fucking expensive. Elmas are way too fucking expensive, so this is bound to happen...

I foresee the copycats soon having serial numbers as well then, lol. It's just like vaping mods- you have clones of all the major devices out there, because the authentics are way too fucking expensive. Elmas are way too fucking expensive, so this is bound to happen...

See my new post in the main discussion forum

• 4 weeks later...

Pipe will be arriving tomorrow, here is a sample pic that was sent to my fiancee, she showed me early ... wanted to make sure I was satisfied ... :-)

[URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/mattarios/media/nazar_serisi_zpseee44191.jpg.html]nazar_serisi_zpseee44191.jpg[/URL]

I got the red hose because I already have a blue elmas one. I'd say Kim (my fiancee) did well :-)

Once I get it I will do a full review on the nargile, customer service, everything!

So the thing is FREAKING BAD ASS!

It is HUUUUGE 43 inches tall.

One of the nicest pipes I have ever scene, you can't see any weld marks on it anywhere!

BUT, there was an issue, it got bumped by something in the mail and the glazed paint has chipped off in a few areas, I am in contact with elmas now and we are trying to work something out. It had to have gotten bumped pretty hard because the paint and glaze on the balls are super high quality and elmas said this has never happened. While I do have really high quality photos of it ... i'd rather make everyone sweat a little bit and wait until I take pics of the new pipe that I will hopefully get ... :-P

By the way, the evil eyes hanging from the tray are all glass, the hanging evil eyes and the tray combined weigh like ... 4 pounds lol, the pipe is freaking insane, it really is. Couldn't be happier other than those damn chips. My fiancee said she could fix them by painting them with acrylic paint and glossing over it, but I feel for the price you pay it should be perfect AND who knows if it will chip more from the initial chips in the future ya know?

• 1 month later...

GENERAL THOUGHTS UPON FIRST GLANCE
The nazar came in. (it came in a while ago, I will explain in detail why I waited to do a review below) It is gorgeous. The designs on it are clearly hand painted but have a very nice "hand made" look to it. The glaze is super thick, and the materials used to make the balls are high quality. All the designs are raised so they have a very nice look and texture when you run your fingers across the balls.
TRAY
The tray, and evil eyes are top notch as well. The trays used on the USA elmas pipes are far nicer than the previous ones we were receiving. The trays are heavy and the etchings are very deep. (Remember I have one of those same trays that came with the Nazar but on my kafesli). Comparing the two is day and night. The evil eyes also appear to be hand painted and are made of glass. The dangling "coins" appear to be made out of some type of metal not sure what kind, and have cool designs on them. They are a recreation of the old Ottoman coins.
STRAIGHT/CROOKED
Often times with tall pipes, they aren't made well and don't end up aligning properly. One part of the pipe will be straight, but then the next part will be crooked. The pipe is perfectly straight and sits on the jumbo base perfectly.
BUILD/FINISH
The cones in between the balls are hollow (which I knew when I was ordering), and the heart of the pipe is solid. If the entire pipe were to be solid, this pipe would be impossible to clean. It is 42 inches tall on the jumbo vase without a windcover. The thing is HUGE. It is hard enough cleaning my canary which is only 28 or so inches tall and the canary is solid brass. So if this pipe was solid, it truly would be almost impossible to clean. Welds are VERY clean, there is almost no visible weld spots anywhere on this pipe. It is the perfect weight. Light enough to move the pipe around without your hand getting tired, but heavy enough to say, this thing is quality.

The finish on the balls is great. It is either a really thick gloss used or they do multiple coats. It looks like (I don't know for sure) they use enamel for the paint work, then a glaze, then they bake the balls.

The brass is the same as previous elmas pipes, the solid parts are solid, and the hollow parts are thick plating that is very difficult to ding (same as my kafesli)

They etched the serial into the bottom of the tray rest. Mine is the first one for the Nazar in the USA which is pretty cool.
ETCHINGS ON THE HEART
The etchings on the heart are the same quality we were receiving previously. At least on this mold I received, good engravings, nothing INSANE, but not bad either. 
GLASS/ACCESSORIES
The glass is super thick, and heavy. It is your usual jumbo turkish vases we know and have come to love. The hose is your usual lux style hose but I got the upgraded papatya hose that has the metal piece on the mouth piece with different art showing a man smoking a hookah and a man riding a horse. (I ordered a red one because I already have a blue lux hose) The elmas hoses now include the elmas logo with their diamond logo pressed into the hose port tip on the hose (my older elmas hoses don't have the logo on the hose) I got 2 large turkish bowls that are massive. They hold 50g of tobacco. (I picked the large bowls since I already have a collection of small and medium turkish bowls.) You can choose the sizes you want when you order. The large windcover is bigger than a large coffee can. It is solid, and feels sturdier than previous elmas windcovers (even though the previous ones were fine). The tongs are the same as previous elmas tongues but they now have "elmas nargile" engraved in them.
SERVICE
First off, let me say, they have been EXCELLENT. Without a doubt 5 stars. They were informed by my fiancee that this was an engagement gift she was going to purchase for me when she was inquiring about ordering. They were very personal wishing us the best, and congratulating us. They said they were honored one of their nargiles was being bought as an engagement gift. They sent me pictures of the pipe to ensure I liked it before sending it from the NJ warehouse to me. I confirmed it was good and they sent it. When the pipe came in, it had chips in the balls, only a few. The balls are obviously fragile, and they were damaged in transit to me. They offered me a partial refund or to wait for another. I asked for them to make another. About a week later they sent me new pics from Turkey and I also liked that design so they shipped it to NJ. It arrived in NJ banged up. So they said they would do another. Ultimately I decided that we could touch up the chips, then glaze over it. They put me in contact with a staff member who knew about the manufacturing of the balls. They told me what type of paint and gloss to buy and what to do. They gave me a partial refund that covered the costs of the acrylic paint and glaze. My fiancee touched up the spots and matched the colors perfectly, it looks brand new and I couldn't be happier.

There was an issue, they owned up to the issue, and never doubted anything I told them. I even offered to pay some of the shipping expense to send the second pipe to the USA. And they said thank you for the offer but we must decline as this is our issue and we need to correct it for you. They worked with me on everything and although it was frustrating with the damaged pipe etc, they took care of it 100%.They currently took the nazar off of their website until they find a safer way to ship them. If the balls get banged the glaze cracks and the paint chips off like it would on any other tile/glass material.
GOODIES
I received a bag of mouth tips, a little elmas nazar evil eye charm that was attached to the certificate booklet. A letter from elmas USA congratulating me and my fiancee on our engagement. Elmas USA business cards. And a hand written post card from Ahmet written in Turkish with kind words and congratulating us as well.

Super cool people, Tania responded within 24 hours of all of my emails and was always willing to work with me.

I WAS one of the members on here complaining about the hike in their USA prices. They are more money, but they appear to have a much nicer fit and finish. The etchings in the tray, welds, hose construction, and everything else about the pipe is perfect. With hand made items there will always be variability in quality. Previous pipes I received from NS were hit or miss. Some were fine, and some nargiles were really bad ... bad welds and horrible engravings. Be confident if you order with Elmas USA that you will be receiving a top notch hand made Elmas, and if you don't, they will take care of you for sure.

Now onto the pictures:

1_zps429d358f.jpg

5_zpsb87ca997.jpg

3_zpsb79006ef.jpg

2_zpsf287f365.jpg

12_zps3fbcbd76.jpg

10_zps138c640b.jpg

8_zpsbb40e9c5.jpg

7_zps7d4fb449.jpg

4_zpsb441fab3.jpg

6_zpsc9415d5e.jpg

I didn't post a pic of the serial number because I figured it would be best to help avoid companies trying to duplicate their layout.

If you want to see more pictures, I can email them to you. Couldn't post that many in one thread.

Damn! That is one nice looking pipe! Congrats dude, and I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

they have a very nice look and texture when you run your fingers across the balls.

Looks like I've got a new addition to my signature haha

I will be smoking it tomorrow night! I'm gonna have to put a bucket on the floor to wash it. So basically lean the pipe over into the sink. Take the detachable hose piece and pull it out to reach the stem, then let the water poor through the stem into a bucket on the floor. Figured that would work pretty well and isn't really much extra work compared to the normal cleaning.