Static Starlight

Chreees

CB99 - Tangiers Burley Static Starlight (Experimental)

Hookah: Al Nawras "Spear" Brass Syran on BJ Glassworks Red Jumbo Boho.
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel.
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty.
Hose: Nammor Fretted.
Coals: Two Razans flat.
Base Liquid: Water.

Appearance: Noir cut and juiciness. Dark in color, like Noir.
Smell: Smells just like Static Starlight in Noir or Lucid, except there was like an alcohol base type of smell to it. No soy or BBQ smell whatsoever. I did the instant acclimation method for 5 minutes, squishing the bag in my hands. Let it sit out for maybe 5 minutes before packing (packed it like I do all Tangiers- tight and up to the inner spire, slightly below the outer rim).
Taste: Tastes pretty much just like Static Starlight Noir or Lucid, more or less. There's a little bit of something else there, but not quite sure how to describe it. It's not bad at all, though. It's actually really, really good. I don't really get any tobacco undertones like I do with Noir, but the flavor is similar to Noir in that it is more "robust." I think the flavor may be even stronger in Burley than it is in Noir or Lucid.
Smoke: Huge clouds. More than I normally get with Noir, Lucid, or Birquq, which in itself is pretty impressive.
Buzz: Whoa. This had me feeling a buzz within two pulls. Noir doesn't do this to me typically anymore, so... awesome! As Mushrat said on Tinychat: "Your eyes are crossing!" Haha.
Duration: ~1 hour so far, about to throw on second set of coals. Flavor hasn't diminished a bit since I've been smoking, and I don't foresee it doing so once the new round is on. EDIT: Smoked it for three hours, never died down in flavor, and was great smoke all throughout.

Purchased From: From the sample set Eric sent out in December 2012.

Overall: 10/10. This is truly something special. As many of you know, Static Starlight is one of my favorite, all-time flavors. So I was quite excited to hear from Eric that he'd be sending this one to me. I love it, probably more so than in Noir or Lucid (I usually get it in Lucid). The burley tobacco adds something that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's great. Full flavor, not really much tobacco undertones as is usual with Noir. It's an all-around excellent flavor, and I hope Eric decides to put it into production for retail sale, so I can continue getting it. smile.png

EDIT: After thinking about it for a while, the "thing I couldn't quite put my finger on" is pretty much just this certain robustness to the flavor, similar to Noir but not exactly, if that makes any sense. The flavor is the same, maybe even more intense, but that certain quality to the smoke/flavor is probably attributed to it being burley tobacco. Whatever it is, it's awesome. I think Noir and Lucid lovers alike will really appreciate this. It took Static Starlight above and beyond the greatness that already it is and made it even better. I foresee this being a huge hit. I can't wait to see what other flavors come out in Burley, and I will be sure to try them all. I also have Cane Mint in Burley that Eric sent me to try, so that will be the next flavor I review.

EDIT AGAIN:

REVIEW FOR SECOND TIME I RECEIVED AS SAMPLE:

Tangiers Burley Static Starlight

Hookah: Al Nawras "Spear" Brass Syran on BJ Glassworks Red Jumbo Boho.
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel.
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty.
Hose: Nammor.
Coals: Two Coconaras.
Base Liquid: Water.

Appearance: Pretty much like Noir.
Smell: Smells like the Static Starlight that we all know and love!
Taste: Tastes like a more "robust" version of Static Starlight in Noir or Lucid. Not really any tobacco undertones, just has more of a punch to it! I love it!
Smoke: Huge clouds. And this stuff can take the heat, no problem. Love this Burley tobacco, man!
Buzz: Bigger buzz than Noir, IMO. It's really, really great.
Duration: ~3 hours.

Purchased From: Sample set Eric sent out February 2014.

Overall: 10/10. I also received this flavor in the last sample set when it was an experimental flavor, I guess Eric is keeping it around. All I gotta say is, still love it, you HAVE to try it! You'll most likely fall in love, as I did. biggrin.png

• 1 year later...

Tangiers Burley: Static Starlight

Hookah: KM Kafe

Bowl: Harmony

Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Starbuzz super washable
Coals: CH, 2 coals split in halves, 4+ rounds.

Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers Cut Medium/fine

Nicotine: Unsure
Base: Unsure
Smell: AMAZING. It smells like static starlight but stronger, maybe more rose?

Taste: Like static starlight, but better. It's possibly sweeter and seems to have a stronger rose tone, everyone states the tobacco taste and maybe i taste it but i'm unsure. Either way it's great!

Smoke: Monster Clouds

Buzz: Similar buzz to noir.

Duration: 3+ hours I lost count after 3.

Purchased From: From a trade from a member of another forum.

Overall: 10/10 This is the first time I tried static starlight, I have craved it ever since i tried this months ago. Since then I have bought many kilos of static starlight in noir but burley is a force to be reckoned with. The flavor is better in some way than noir, or at least i believe so. This flavor/tobacco takes heat like a champ, I was able to increase coal without a burnt taste or the bowl dying prematurely. I hope to get my hands on some again soon, but hopefully around the same price point of noir as I don't plan on nor do I want to buy tangiers at $17+ per 250g.

Edited by Codyb88

• 2 months later...
Tangiers burley static starlight

Hookah: KM Kafe
Bowl: harmomy
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: fancy hose
Coals: 4 CH halves
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: thicker cut than noir with less liquid.
Nicotine: unsure%
Smell: rose and grape/lemon, rose being most dominant.
Taste: rose, grape, and lemon. The flavors seem to fluctuate in dominance during the bowl.
Buzz: stronger than noir for sure.
Longevity: 2 hours approximately (could have smoked more but started to fall asleep)

Purchased From: Sample from Eric

Overall: 10/10 I absolutely love static starlight. It's probably one of the best flavors tangiers has to offer and is a signature flavor for tangiers. Burley' version seems to have a slight robust taste compared to noir. The flavor had a slightly different taste mid bowl than it did at the beginning, could be heat or just the flavor in general. If you've never tried static starlight I highly suggest trying this.

• 4 months later...

Tangiers Burley Static Starlight

Hookah: Km Kafe
Bowl: Tangiers 7ico Phunnel.
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty.
Hose: Asli
Coals: Two Golden Canaries( technically 6, as I smoked 3 rounds of coals).
Base Liquid: Water.

Appearance: Standard Tangiers Appearence.
Smell: A fluxuating mix of grape and flowers. 
Taste: Tastes like it smells, the grape and floral flavors come and go some times it is more grape other times more floral
Smoke: Thunda Clouds
Buzz: minimal, but I ahve been smoking Burley only for about two or three months now..
Duration: ~3 hours.

Purchased From: Sample set Eric sent out February 2014.

Overall: Objectively this receives a 10/10: it is flavorful and smokes well, and the flavor was just as stron three hours in. Subjectively I would give this a 7/10 because I am not a fan of grape or floral flavors and I really don't think I will be smoking this flavor often. I will say that I would recommend this flavor to anyone who likes grape flavors or floral flavors. It is worth at least trying once.